Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part VI

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Quick question - I'm working on how much money I'm gonna need for this, and was wondering approximately how much people paid for 1 GA, including fees?

Thanks! :hug:

well i don't think there are any available there anymore. i should have thought of the question before i answered it:huh:

try razorgator.com, but i warn yee, nothing under $200

p.s. check out my post count! cooooooooooooooooooolllll!!!!

Last edited:
That's in US money, Thora, so add about $10 bucks Canadian.

So if everyone is lined up early on Saturday, will I be the only one at the meet and greet? Just kidding. I've never had the balls to try to meet them. But a girl can dream.:drool:

Probably only those with seats will be able to do the meet and greet. I am guessing they're going to let us into the stadium earlier than the standard 6:00 PM for arenas :hmm:

I am so glad the US dollar is sucking now, the last time I visited in 2001, SLC U2 show, our dollar was 68 cents on the dollar vs the US dollar. Hopefully, it stays around 85 cents,:hyper: , that's like 17 cents extra spending money on every dollar, yippee.

Miroslava said:
Probably only those with seats will be able to do the meet and greet. I am guessing they're going to let us into the stadium earlier than the standard 6:00 PM for arenas :hmm:

Yep, especially if we are gonna be allowed lawn chairs :wink:

zooperson said:
line up starts saturday morning or friday night?

There's a fine line between saturday morning and friday night, I have seen a few on other message boards talking about the crack of dawn which would be about 6amish, but really even if 1000 people line up before 7am, there is still tons of room for everyone, I'm sure many people will want to hang out at those two ministages too.

Miroslava said:

I don't know, if there is only one opening act, then I don't see them letting people in that much earlier than 6.

faithingrace, you should check out the meet and greet! They don't bite, well except maybe Bono. :wink: Even if you don't think you will have anything to say, it's cool to see them up close and (sorta) personal. :) If I stay with a seat for the 8th (which I probably will if they add a show on the 9th), I'll probably hang out for their arrival then.

zooperson said:
line up starts saturday morning or friday night?

:shrug:

Depends on when the first people show up. Pretty much every show I went to, the line started the night before, how many people actually joined the night before varied. I camped for 6/16 GAs, the rest I joined the morning of the show. I was an ellipse rail skank at 7 shows :drool:, 3 of those shows for which I arrived in the early AM. I was a outer ellipse rail skank for 5.

Last edited:
Pop Artist said:

I don't know, if there is only one opening act, then I don't see them letting people in that much earlier than 6.

True, but I would guess that due to the volume of people, they might let us in even an hour earlier or so, which means that if you have been in line, you probably can't manage to be there for the band's arrival AND keeping your place in line.

Since you guys have seen so many shows, where will be the best place to stand once we get in?

hwnstyle said:
Since you guys have seen so many shows, where will be the best place to stand once we get in?

facing the stage, oh I kill me.:lmao:

trevster2k said:

facing the stage

What he said. :lmao:

You wont know what will be the best spot for you until you are "walking" in and see what is available to you. It just varies and it is of absolutely of no use to plan for it ahead of time.

I'm thinking about trying to go to the Hawaii show, but I have so many questions! Do I need to sign up to that Yahoo link with the others to get more info?

Such as...what hotel people plan on using, possible tickets available, gatherings, others hints and suggestions for activities, ways to save a buck, etc....

tawanda said:
I'm thinking about trying to go to the Hawaii show, but I have so many questions! Do I need to sign up to that Yahoo link with the others to get more info?

Such as...what hotel people plan on using, possible tickets available, gatherings, others hints and suggestions for activities, ways to save a buck, etc....

If you are thinking about it we would unanimously recommend you make your arrangements ASAP....that is also spring break time, and airfares and hotel rates are rising by the day or faster. If you can hook up with others to share expenses that's even better. I do agree tho that there is some good info shared by all on the Yahoo groups page.

My friends and I booked the Best Western Honolulu which has 24/7 FREE airport transportation, the bus is right across from the hotel and the hotel is 1/2 mile from the airport and 4 miles from the stadium, pretty good deal actually. They offer AAA and military discounts. We won't have to rent a car! :wink:

Edit: Oh, and the BW also offers airport van transportation for minimum 2-3 people for much cheaper than a taxi for places all around the island.

Ticket sales have not ground to a halt yet. Section BB appears to be soldout now, and Section B is 4 rows from a sellout as well now. That leaves only section AA and A, a total of 500 tickets. Plus there are singles and some pairs in other sections, but those are limited. At this rate, another two days and the show will likely be completely soldout.

The question then will be will they add the second show? The band has soldout every show on the entire Vertigo tour and they definitely want the last show to be a sellout.

Zooperson - Yes, I do remember you! My bad :reject: I just needed a reminder. Please forgive me :hug:

I know I met some zootopians as well, but can't remember them all (except Debbie who had the Zootopian banner), and a couple of others

and didn't ruffian mention that the band didn't really do meet & greets at stadium shows? Or maybe the ones she attended, I don't recall...

whew.gif

:laugh:

yeah i bet it's a great weight of your mind. you can sleep better now i hope.

why didn't anyone tell me that "things to make and do" was a 2 minute instrumental before i bought it off i tunes? ... oh well i prolly would have bought it anyhow. :shrug: :| i have to save every cent. what was i thinking spending $0.99?:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom