Hawaii, April 8th - Aloha Stadium! - Part IV

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zargo said:
I bought two tickets for orange DD and then foundt two tickets for KK row 9 which I bought as well because they seem better than DD.

Will I have trouble selling my two DD at face value plus all the misc. charges?

Nah, even during the day of the concert there are tons of people walking around looking for tickets, the hype just grows and grows for U2 concerts.

I don't think this concert is going to sell out within the next half hour or anything, there still seem to be seats all over the different colors.

Lila64 said:

You have to excuse me Lila, I was awaken out of a hung over sleep 10 minutes before tickets went on sale!!
Thank you Kimla:hug: I do not know what I would do without you.

So I am so happy right now I almost peed my pants.

Ok, I don't want to rush things, but how different is GA for a stadium versus arena show? Because the last U2 stadium show I was at had assigned seats on the field.

Do they let you line up earlier? How do they manage that many people waiting on line all day long? I also assume that they will treat us as cattle and let people in slowly, so do they start entry way earlier? :confused:

I wasn't going to let myself think about such things until I have travel in the bag...but there's just no stopping the obsession. ;)

I meant this earlier...
MattMan_foshizzle.gif

I bought one single ticket JJ, Row 1 so I'm really happy because I'm short (under 5 feet) and I won't have to deal with looking at someone's back. Are the speakers usually at stage level or hung above?

Miroslava said:

No problem!

We're gonna have so.much.damn.fun :drool: :drool: :drool:

Alright Missy, you're on second show watch, I have to go finish what I am supposed to be doing! :lol:

You know what to do!

And the list has been updated as of this point! :wave:

Oh.My.God.... we are going to have so much fun it isn't even funny... :drool:

I am all over the second show watch... have fun tonight!!!

I just pulled up 2 seats in section AA row 3... :huh:

u2girlcj said:
Ok, I don't want to rush things, but how different is GA for a stadium versus arena show? Because the last U2 stadium show I was at had assigned seats on the field.

Do they let you line up earlier? How do they manage that many people waiting on line all day long? I also assume that they will treat us as cattle and let people in slowly, so do they start entry way earlier? :confused:

I wasn't going to let myself think about such things until I have travel in the bag...but there's just no stopping the obsession. ;)

i'm sure there will be tons of discussion about this in the upcoming days. I can only reference my experience at shows in Europe this past summer.
1) Yes, you can line up early
2) People are managed all day differently according to the venue. In London you got a "pass" to leave the line for up to an hour. It was very organized. Other shows there was no organization, and I don't know any shows in Europe where they did the number-on-the-wrist thing.
3) don't know what time we will be let in; Europe was around 4.
4) typically it's not just one line, people are let in at different gates around the perimeter of the stadium to avoid the crowd crush...though I think in Dublin we went in one gate.

for those of you who don't have ga tickets & want them you might as well quit trying & just make a deal with someone who has extras if you want peace of mind:eyebrow:

ruffian said:

i'm sure there will be tons of discussion about this in the upcoming days. I can only reference my experience at shows in Europe this past summer.
1) Yes, you can line up early
2) People are managed all day differently according to the venue. In London you got a "pass" to leave the line for up to an hour. It was very organized. Other shows there was no organization, and I don't know any shows in Europe where they did the number-on-the-wrist thing.
3) don't know what time we will be let in; Europe was around 4.
4) typically it's not just one line, people are let in at different gates around the perimeter of the stadium to avoid the crowd crush...though I think in Dublin we went in one gate.

Yay B'!! I was hoping someone with lots of recent Europe experience was online! Thanks. And by early, do you mean day of show, or is there chance of lining up day before? (Officially, not in a car across the street :wink: )

I should clarify I am in the lower Orange section with my seat, I see that the row numbers begin anew in the uppers.

Just pulled two in Red.

u2girlcj said:

Yay B'!! I was hoping someone with lots of recent Europe experience was online! Thanks. And by early, do you mean day of show, or is there chance of lining up day before? (Officially, not in a car across the street :wink: )

I never camped out in Europe so don't know what that situation was like. No idea if the venue in Hawaii will have rules about people being on the property overnight or not. I'd imagine it's much easier to let people hang out at a stadium, given that you don't have traffic/sidewalk congestion to consider.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom