Havin' A Heatwave, A Tropical Randoooom Heatwave....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have football on the brain :help:
I just read the thread title "U2 to record with Green Day" as, yes, "U2 to record with Green BAY" :shifty:

We now resume my regular routine of nap taking/sleeping :wave:

arw9797 said:
:huh: randooooooom brain! I've been on a coffee kick lately. I just thought about my morning tomorrow. Walk in the freeeeezing cold around the lake, then stop at Caribou :love:

I've never had a coffee maker. :hmm: I wonder if I would actually use it if I had one.

Did you ever have Caribou granola bars? :drool: Chocolate Mocha and Vanilla Latte :heaven:

shari schultz said:
I have football on the brain :help:
I just read the thread title "U2 to record with Green Day" as, yes, "U2 to record with Green BAY" :shifty:

We now resume my regular routine of nap taking/sleeping :wave:

I have for the last two weeks.

Michigan had a rain delay today at the game. Nothing like huddling under the stadium with 100,000 of your closest friends for 45 minutes. :crazy:

The Lions get to chalk up loss number 1 of many tomorrow! :laugh:

arw9797 said:

Glad you're able to just state the obvious :wink:

:laugh: I'm not really a Lions fan. Its just the NFL team I hear about living in Michigan so you sort of follow what they do. Actually tomorrows game against Seattle is the type of game they typically win, when they shouldnt. Then follow it up with 4 or 5 losses to teams that have losing records or that they should beat. :laugh:

I took today off from job #2 just because. I haven't done that since well....:hmm: I really don't think since I've worked there that I've ever taken a Saturday off where I haven't had something to do. I've thought about it for months, especially in July when it was so hot and I knew it would be so dead. Plus I wanted to spend more time at the lake. But I worked anyway.

I'm so bored. :| I should have just worked.....

Blue Room said:

:laugh: I'm not really a Lions fan. Its just the NFL team I hear about living in Michigan so you sort of follow what they do. Actually tomorrows game against Seattle is the type of game they typically win, when they shouldnt. Then follow it up with 4 or 5 losses to teams that have losing records or that they should beat. :laugh:

Just cheer on the Purple instead. They're going to take all this year. :kiss:

:drool: :love: There's some headbanger's documentary thing on VH1 right now. Bruce Dickinson has been on AND during the commerical they showed Iron Maiden's new CD.

:grumpy: I'm too poor this weekend but I'm buying that one next week! I can't wait :love: :heart: They are one of the few bands from my heavy metal days that I still admit to following. :uhoh: I just wish they were coming here in concert! :sad: They'll be at the Point Depot in Dublin at the end of the year. Anyone want to go?

kellyahern said:

Blue Room, that must have been some storm to delay a football game :yikes:.

It wasnt really that bad. But there was lightning and I guess they cannot start play again until they go 30 minutes without a lightning strike in the area. It downpoured for about 15 minutes with thunder and lightning and that was it. I guess its the first time a game has been delayed for weather at Michigan, ever.

kellyahern said:

He was there before?

We are talking about Brad Johnson, right? :reject:

Yeah he was our quaterback for a few years before he went to Washington and Tampa. Tony Dungy was also a coach for the Vikes, not the head coach (can't remember what he was) before getting the head job at Tampa.

Blue Room said:

It wasnt really that bad. But there was lightning and I guess they cannot start play again until they go 30 minutes without a lightning strike in the area. It downpoured for about 15 minutes with thunder and lightning and that was it. I guess its the first time a game has been delayed for weather at Michigan, ever.

It's amazing that more Florida games aren't delayed more come to think of it.

Last edited:
arw9797 said:

Yeah he was our quaterback for a few years before he went to Washington and Tampa. Tony Dungy was also a coach for the Vikes, not the head coach (can't remember what he was) before getting the head job at Tampa.

:nerd: I just looked him up. Brad was here from 1992-1998.

arw9797 said:

I miss Tony Dungy being the coach here. He seems like a really nice person. The team we won the Superbowl with was basically the team he built. It was unfortunated the it was just the year after he was fired.

I think he was the defensive coordinator for the Vikings.

th_6gopackgo.gif

I stayed up until 2 last night watching a show on Discovery called Inside the Towers. It was a dramatization from survivors on their story of getting out of the buildings. They would show parts of their story being acted out along with real scenes from the ground of views of the towers plus interivews with them (or their families) talking about everything. I'd say there was at least 6-8 different stories going on. A few were of people who didn't make it out but their stories were known because of phone calls they made during everything. It was very upsetting to watch, especially the stories about the people who didn't make it out. :tsk: :sad:

arw9797 said:
I stayed up until 2 last night watching a show on Discovery called Inside the Towers. It was a dramatization from survivors on their story of getting out of the buildings. They would show parts of their story being acted out along with real scenes from the ground of views of the towers plus interivews with them (or their families) talking about everything. I'd say there was at least 6-8 different stories going on. A few were of people who didn't make it out but their stories were known because of phone calls they made during everything. It was very upsetting to watch, especially the stories about the people who didn't make it out. :tsk: :sad:

I caught part of that one day last week. About a month ago I watched a show on one of the channels that was about what happened with the air traffic etc after the planes hit. It was really interesting to see how they handled getting all of the planes out of the air. At the same time it brought back the memories of watching it all unfold.

Kariann said:

I caught part of that one day last week. About a month ago I watched a show on one of the channels that was about what happened with the air traffic etc after the planes hit. It was really interesting to see how they handled getting all of the planes out of the air. At the same time it brought back the memories of watching it all unfold.

I might look to see if there's similar shows on tonight. It's been a few years since they've shown anything on TV. I'm sure there will be stuff on tomorrow night but I have somewhere to go for a few hours plus the Vikings are playing.

arw9797 said:

Still feel like dancing? :wink:

It could be a long year....................
Glad I brought some work home with me.

I think the documentary 9/11 is on tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom