Haha, I'm a jerk.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

IWasBored

Blue Crack Supplier
i know you're all thinking...what did i do this time? :wink:

we've got this local band in a town near where i live...i've liked them since day 1, they basically came out of the ashes of my other favorite local band who broke up september of 2002. i've talked to the frontman, both in person at shows (and on the street outside the bar where the other band played their final show. it was 21+ and i was trying to convince him to sneak me in...but anyway...) and via email. he sent me some stickers, and we talked about umass now and what it was like not too long ago when he went here. he said he'd send me a copy of the band's EP at the radio station, but then he turned into a jackass. going on about how all college kids listen to is rap or noise and not really showing any interest inplaying an all ages show on campus (i had some big ideas about getting to know the right people i need to know in order to do a dorm basement show--i'm still working on it. i probably know them, actually, through the radio station but that's another story), and he never sent me the EP or replied to my email about it...

so for about a year, i've been badmouthing this guy and trying to hate the band because i was under the impression that as a kid who couldn't go to 99% of the shows, wasn't worthy of being a fan. fine, ignore me!

fast forward to yesterday. i still check the band's site once or twice a month, and i'm still on the mailing list, so when i got an email i figured it was just mailing list crap. no, the guy emailed me, said he lost my addresss but he'd love to send me a copy of the band's newly finished full-length album.

so he's not a jerk. i am. :reject:

Dont beat yourself up over it, he probably really is a jerk regardless. :wink:

PS - You being a jerk is a confession?! :evil:

yeah it took him a whole year to find your email...i'd be kinda pissed.

Hmm lets see IWB. You work on a college radio station and have the potential to really exploit this band, and he decided not to track you down? Wow to be a struggling band and not need to use all the friends you have, real fans who are genuinely interested.

Tops bloke.
:down:

Angela Harlem said:
Hmm lets see IWB. You work on a college radio station and have the potential to really exploit this band, and he decided not to track you down? Wow to be a struggling band and not need to use all the friends you have, real fans who are genuinely interested.

Tops bloke.
:down:
That's what I was thinking. :rolleyes: I don't think you're the jerk either.

Back
Top Bottom