Guitar Hero Friday

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:lol: oh man i didn't realise i caused so much trouble! i mean, first we've got the larry girls and the picture that i didn't even cut in half (found like that on a website, i can't remember what site because i saved it in the wrong folder and never loaded it into snapfish and just found (nice surprise!) when i was trying to organise my folders on my computer

and then there's the skinny/little/big arms issue. calling edge skinny doesn't bother me, i like skinny guys, i think edge is hot the way he is, and he does have some big arms...

yeah i was actually going to go to sleep arounf 3:30 last night but i wasn't tired and i decided to go back and pillage mrtheedge.com again...leave no stone unturned sort of thing :evil: ...i realised i hadn't even been in the pop gallery yet :shifty:
posted some pics that higlight the arm, if you didn't notice ;) but judging by the drooling and combustion and faintint, i think it's safe to say that at least arw noticed them ;)

red x's!!! :scream: snapfish just did something very evil and turned some of the stuff i had posted into red fucking x's!!!!!!!!!! :scream: what gives?!? *kicks snapfish*

dammit kicking it didn't work *borrows a meat cleaver from a certain person (see sig :evil: )*

really?!?!?!

dsmith2904 said:
The Edge is probably about 5'7, Bono's about 5'5 1/2.

you can't be serious...that's really short...i mean my 11 year old brother is 5'4...ok, he's huge but still...

*goes to check what damage snapfish did to the pics i posted :eek: *

arw9797 said:

I want the other one. The one of just his face :tongue:

how do I do that? I don't understand computer stuff:scream:

Its easy!! Really!! :D If you look in the big gifs discussion, you can find the link that Bonochick put up that has all of the gifs she made. Then you just right click and "view image", and then copy the link into img tags like you would for posting a picture, just do it where your sig goes. :D Got it?

arw9797 said:

:slant: they're not really that short, are they?

'fraid so. I'm like 5'3 and came up to Bono's nose (and he was wearing his chunky soled shoes). Edge is like an inch or two taller than Bono. Truly, there are very few tall musicians, most are 5'7 and under.

dsmith2904 said:
The Edge is probably about 5'7, Bono's about 5'5 1/2.

I've read that Edge is 5'10 and Bono is 5'8 :confused:

Have you guys heard, Edge is inducting The Clash into the Rock n, Roll hall of fame. I think the ceremony is tomorrow, Monday.
Hopefully there will be pics of this event.

I saw a commercial last nite for the R&R Hall of Fame show that will air on E! March 16. It said special guests The Edge, and whoever else.....

tonite I saw the same commerical and it said with special guests U2, and whoever else....

:confused:

*plans to be near a tv when this thing is actually on*

snapass returned the pictures! :dance:

arw9797 said:

Erised I think you were gone when I had this avatar but I got soooo many compliments on it that I made a thread in it's official ( as in io I have a new avatar) I credited you for the pic :) It started out as good clean fun but then some people where making comments in other threads that they thought the pic was hot and then someone else would come along and just bash me for only being an Edge fan for his looks. I'm not. I worship his guitar playing and to me that always comes first. After about a week, I changed my avatar......

:confused: Ok, ya lost me... are you talking about the pic you attached to that post?!?

before edge weekend ends all across the u.s. (it's already monday here, but only by 40 minutes), i figured i'd post a couple more...i was messing around trying to extract pictures from the don't take your guns to town video for the larry girls cos it's more fun than looking around for pictures on the web (and i have no larry pictures on my computer at all), i got a bit distracted bya certain guitarist and ended up with these:

336%3A4%3A4723232%7Ffp65%3Dot%3E2328%3D7%3A%3A%3D66%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A5%3B%3A239ot1lsi

336%3A4%3A4723232%7Ffp66%3Dot%3E2328%3D7%3A%3A%3D66%3B%3Dxroqdf%3E232337%3A5%3B%3A23%3Aot1lsi

arw9797 said:
I saw a commercial last nite for the R&R Hall of Fame show that will air on E! March 16. It said special guests The Edge, and whoever else.....

tonite I saw the same commerical and it said with special guests U2, and whoever else....

:confused:

Maybe the actual ceremony is Monday and then it will be aired on E the 16th.

SpanishEyes21 said:

Maybe the actual ceremony is Monday and then it will be aired on E the 16th.

Oh sorry wasn't clear...I know that much. I just am confused as why they would have just Edge on day and then U2 the next in the commericials. I guess we'll find out hopefully tomorrow cause maybe there will be some pics somewhere.

arw9797 said:

isn't he dreamy.....:tongue:

well that's a phrase i'd never use. i'd feel like i just came out of a bad tv show based on 1950's american suburban life...

but the smiley makes up for it. turning a cheesy comment into a :mac: comment. i like that. well, ok, i don't reallylike that, but since it's pertaining to edge, i have to admit it's a pleasant thought.

IWasBored said:

well that's a phrase i'd never use. i'd feel like i just came out of a bad tv show based on 1950's american suburban life...

but the smiley makes up for it. turning a cheesy comment into a :mac: comment. i like that. well, ok, i don't reallylike that, but since it's pertaining to edge, i have to admit it's a pleasant thought.

:lol:

I don't know why I said that! I guess I'm in a goofy mood. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

goofy moods are good. "a goofy movie" however was one of the dumbest things i've ever seen.

i had another edge picture but snapass was being wierd...i'll try to post it again

A shortened version of the Rock 'n Roll Hall of Fame induction ceremony will be shown on VH1 Sunday at 9 and repeated throughout the week.

And I totally don't know who first started giving out U2's official heights as being in the 5'8 to 5'10 range, but from experience I have to say it's very not true. erised and flaming june can back me up on that.

dsmith2904 said:

And I totally don't know who first started giving out U2's official heights as being in the 5'8 to 5'10 range, but from experience I have to say it's very not true. erised and flaming june can back me up on that.

It doesn't matter how tall they are. It wasn't even what I was talking about with IWB originally and I have explained the conversation of what went on and their height was not talked about. I know they are short. So am I. But since you asked, here it is.....from U2faq.com which is part of @U2.com. And no they don't know everything.......

5. How tall is Bono?

He's not.

In previous versions of the FAQS, their heights were listed as: Bono 5'-8, Edge 5'-10, Adam 5'-10, and Larry 5'-7. These were supplied years ago by someone associated with the U2 World Service, making them the closest thing to "official" we have. But each height listed is generally considered to be a couple inches too tall by fans who have stood next to a band member. Bono's friend Gavin Friday has let it slip that Bono is 5'-6-and-a-half.

:scream: red x!

so what if they're short? i hate being the reason conversations get all blown up like this...cos i totally didn't mean it that way...i was just picking on arw for calling edge a skinny little guy...

if i were 5 foot 6 i'd go around telling people i was taller...in fact when i was in middle school we had to give our heights for some sport thing (not that it was something where height mattered, they just wanted even height people)...i've been 5 foot 9 since i was 5 foot 7 and thank god i grew enough so i won't have to lie about it :evil:

i learned something important--height issues can cause unintended discussions...misinterpreted...yeah...just stupid stuff...sorry about that...

:mac: edge thread just got bumped up the page :mac:

dsmith2904 said:

Bono was just my size :yes: :wink:

Btw, thanks for the pics Dsmith! :bow: Hard to believe it really happened, but now I have proof! :D

IWasBored said:

I cant believe it, I was gonna post the pic from the Meteor Awards again and I got a message telling me that I have already attached this image to a post and to please refrain from uploading duplicate images and if I need to refer to this image to go to the Moobday thread. So IWB, if you want to see the Meteor Award pic you can see it in the Larry thread cuz i posted it there also.

I just found on Yahoo news 2 pics from the R&R Hall of Fame induction of The Clash:hyper:

capt.1047357841.rock_hall_of_fame_xnyr118.jpg

Edge sure does like that T-Shirt, this is the 3rd event I have seen him wear it.
capt.1047356904.rock_hall_of_fame_xnyr116.jpg
:love: :love:

Edge its a total hottie

Back
Top Bottom