Guitar Girls thread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:applaud: at last!!!!!

:scratch: how many frets DO they have then? I thought all basses had 24!

:drool: I'm still pretty much in love with man Bass!

:shifty: yes, pun intended!

:uhoh: tho I haven't practiced yet.. ah well, now I got holidays I'll start monday since I work today and tomorrow! :yes:

:scratch: how many frets DO they have then? I thought all basses had 24!

A lot of the Fenders (and other brands) I saw there only went up to 20 frets. To be fair, I can't imagine a lot of bass players would use the last four frets (you'd be pretty much in normal-guitar range there with the tone), so I guess they figure they can get away with not having them. But I think it looks better having the longer neck... :D

Also, if the Fender Precision headstock looks the same as the Squier version, I can understand if Adam swapped the neck around on that one... it's HUGE and uuuugly. :huh:

For iloveedge's benefit (sorry, I can't remember if I got told your name!), I pretty much never played my bass for four of those six years, so it's not quite as bad as it sounds. :wink:

i really want a bass :hyper:
ive been playing bass lines on my guitar for quite sometime now.
and its official i hate writing solos :|

Also, if the Fender Precision headstock looks the same as the Squier version, I can understand if Adam swapped the neck around on that one... it's HUGE and uuuugly. :huh:
:
:angry: PARDON ME??????

:angry: I am SO not talking to you anymore.

and for the record, Adam swapped the neck of the JAZZ bass for a precision neck, so apparently he does not agree with you either :madspit:

:grumpy: there is NOTHING wrong with my Precision affinity bass, thankyouverymuch.

:wink: you should've known that I'm very protective of my baby Ali!

I forgot that you had a Precision... :reject:

It does look verrry nice in the pic you posted :yes:

*makes note; never come between a GG and her baby bass*

I wanna get bass tab for a Joy Division song, "Twenty Four Hours"... and another song I forget. I wrote it on my hand the other day, but washed it before I wrote it on something more permanent. :der:

Streets is awesome to play on bass... :drool:

And you'll love a bass, EdgeIsTooSexy! :yes:
Never tried writing a solo, myself... never tried writing any music at all. I don't think I have the sort of brain that can invent music from scratch. Good luck with it!

yeaaah i have to get one!
but the explorer is the first thing on my list

haha i dont think i can either i have a few songs though

I am having such a hard time deciding what new guitar I`m going to get,I`m buying a new one like three or four months,and I have been looking around and I want to get a big name brand this time,so what do you think?

Any suggestions?

woaaah how do you afford that lol

what do you have now?

Personally I'd go for a Gibson or a Fender Tele. but it all depends what you like.

No,:lol: I have been saving up since like last year.

Yeah I`m thinking of a Gibson,And the Tele's are awesome,but I`m also thinking a Les Paul,but it also depends money wise,and I want to get something worth the money spent on it,plus to sound and look good :shrug:

hahaha okay
yeah most people are like split into two categories: fender and gibson
im a gibson girl who has a fender because i cant afford a gibson lol
you cant go wrong with a les paul!

I like Gibson :happy:

Would kind of be stupid if I didn't since I have one :lol:

Les Pauls sounds good :yes:

i really want a bass :hyper:
ive been playing bass lines on my guitar for quite sometime now.
and its official i hate writing solos :|

Some day I'd like a bass, too. I really love some bass lines as well as rhythm , and lead lines!

I do play some bass lines on the 2 lowest guitar strings.

AS to writing music ............

I DO get melodic lines in my mind from time to time, over like 2 decdes, but I lost the ability to read music even more decades ago. :( Ah.....well.

SO what I've done is to put down dots going higher or lower from a "line" to indicate different notes, keeping them on a straight line for the same notes, and putting a joining curved line under 2 notes (or more) when they are played fast after each other.

Sort of musical indications BUT without the music staff, and all the other graphical musical directions indicators.:lol:

Of course the approxiate realationship between the notes I indicate, doesn't give me the actual notes, or keys :der:, but with the guitar vs the keyboard I have, eventually as I make more time for it- it should be easier for me to pick out notes quicker on the gutair. And just MAYBE-- I'll find the combination I thought in my mind /hummed to myself originally , or find something even better!! :hyper::love:

This IS a l-o-n-g term (several years) project, unless I get on a roll (which for music I'd be suprised, with decades away from understanding musical notation)!
Art & Artisan Crafts come first.

Let me tell you,when you are first starting out those barred chords are hard as hell to pull off.
If I don`t have to,I don`t like doing them personally,maybe I`m the only one :shrug:

i was saying notation isnt that hard

barre chords are difficult when you first start off because of the stretching but if you keep at it then obviously your hands will get used to it. its second nature to me now

I still suck at playing a B chord cause I"m not sure where to place my fingers? am I right that you need to put your index finger all across all 2nd frets? :scratch:

:uhoh: I know I shouldn't choose between my instruments, but I've been playing my bass way more lately..

:drool: it's just bigger, heavier, and easier to play! the strings aren't so damn close to eachother!

I still suck at playing a B chord cause I"m not sure where to place my fingers? am I right that you need to put your index finger all across all 2nd frets? :scratch:

:uhoh: I know I shouldn't choose between my instruments, but I've been playing my bass way more lately..

:drool: it's just bigger, heavier, and easier to play! the strings aren't so damn close to eachother!
Yeah that`s right.
I still suck at the B chord and I`ve been playing for a long time:crazy:,and I have been thinking of starting a band. :hmm:

Yea I wanna join a band too, and luckily for me they usually seek bass players! :D

I was going to be studio musician for a band of a girl I know, but I haven't seen her since june :crack:

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom