Great new book on Brian Eno is out.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Edge_Orchestra

Rock n' Roll Doggie FOB
Great new book on Brian Eno is out. I bought a copy of "On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno" today.

It is not all about U2 but as Eno's worked with U2 there is U2 content.

I just started reading it. Lots of interesting insight and funny Eno-esque stories about Brian. Definitely worth a read. Come on, he was in Roxy Music, pioneered ambient music, produced Bowie, Talking Heads, U2... What's not to like? Highly recommended.

You can get it cheaper than I did, at Amazon.

Amazon.com: On Some Faraway Beach: The Life and Times of Brian Eno: David Sheppard: Books

Cool I'll definitely check this out. I loved reading "A Year with Swollen Appendices," Eno's diary from several years ago (1994, I think ). It too had only minimal U2 content--Eno at Bono's house being grilled by a very young Eve at the breakfast table and scattered references to Passnegers were about it--but was very funny and insightful into the mind of Eno.

^Why was Eve grilling him?

Sounds like a good read, I'll check it out!

Yeah, I think Dana is right. I found it in the Boston College library. So maybe try libraries or used bookstores. I seem to remember that Eno was impressed by this precocious toddler (Eve) asking him questions over breakfast. And there may have been other U2 content over a dispute between Paul McG and Eno's wife (who is also his manager) that was quickly set right with one phone call to The Edge. Maybe I need to find a used copy somewhere. :lol: Definitely worth searching out but mostly b/c of insight into Eno, not U2.

Yeah, I think Dana is right. I found it in the Boston College library. So maybe try libraries or used bookstores. I seem to remember that Eno was impressed by this precocious toddler (Eve) asking him questions over breakfast. And there may have been other U2 content over a dispute between Paul McG and Eno's wife (who is also his manager) that was quickly set right with one phone call to The Edge. Maybe I need to find a used copy somewhere. :lol: Definitely worth searching out but mostly b/c of insight into Eno, not U2.

Used copies are $40+ on amazon

I think we donated a copy of Swollen Appendices to some cancer research organization last year
never did make it to the end of that one
mildly interesting, mostly tedious
strange, cause Eno is a very interesting + incredibly well spoken individual

Back
Top Bottom