Got my email for my free SoE CD

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Purchased my ticket on Tuesday and haven't got an email for getting my free copy of SOE yet.

It'll probably take time. I got an email (I'm assuming from a purchase of the first Montreal show), but no second email for the 2nd show ticket I bought just this week.

QUOTE: "It is probably a phishing scam, don't you think?

Look at the reply-to address:

reply-to: MRS Sandbox <reply_elhnzl_doyvswwl@cp20.com>

cp20.com has been reported as spam:https://productforums.google.com/for...il/aIoF3jLGGLI"

I thought it might be so never clicked on the links. I did get a real email a few days later to order the CDs, and a follow up today saying all 4 should be delivered on Wednesday.

I bought the deluxe CD from amazon and UPS managed to ship it in the wrong direction, so didn't get it til today (as I head out of town for the rest of the week) so maybe will get to listen next weekend...

Anyone able to redeem DIGITAL copy?

Was it only an option avail for concert tickets purchased after dec 1?

Or redemption email from first set of nov presales now allowing you to choose digital (if u had held off and not selected cd copy)

No CD yet for me. Ordered tix Nov14, redeemed CD Nov16, rcvd tracking email Nov30 with delivery ETA of Dec5. We’ll see if it actually shows up today. I’m still a holdout. I chose not to buy another copy. I refuse, just don’t have the extra $ to throw around.

Anyone able to redeem DIGITAL copy?

Was it only an option avail for concert tickets purchased after dec 1?

Or redemption email from first set of nov presales now allowing you to choose digital (if u had held off and not selected cd copy)

I didn’t see an option for digital on mine. I also received an email yesterday with a shipping confirmation; this will be my third copy of the album!

Yeah, I never received the digital option for any ticket purchased before 12/1. So I'm guessing it'd be from yesterdays sales, if it was being offered now?

This will be my third and fourth copies Rachel, haha.

Finally received confirmation just after midnight of delivery for the 2 CD's from tickets I ordered on November 14. Well oiled machine that Ticketmaster.
Now to see how long it takes to redeem for the tix I bought yesterday. April maybe. :wink:

And download wasn't an option until Dec 1, it says so on the Ticketmaster page, any orders prior to Dec 1 are eligible for a CD per ticket, after Dec 1 you have the option.

Finally received confirmation just after midnight of delivery for the 2 CD's from tickets I ordered on November 14. Well oiled machine that Ticketmaster.
Now to see how long it takes to redeem for the tix I bought yesterday. April maybe. :wink:

And the email to redeem CD's for the tix bought Tuesday comes Wednesday night.

So the first round took 3 weeks including an email and a phone call on my end, the second took 1 day.
At least TM is consistent

Has anyone else noticed that the bottom of the back of the CD case misquotes the lyrics to Love is Bigger? It's supposed to be "start singing and stop talking."

I got 3 CDs in the mail yesterday... and I keep getting emails begging me to download or order another one. I guess that's what happens when you order 6 single tickets.

I got 1 digital download for free, but day it was out I bought the itunes deluxe.

Anyone I put CD in computer -- haven't done that in ages. In fact, I haven't listened to music not on my computer or iphone in forever. I don't have a stereo anymore, but sort of miss it. Maybe I'll throw my Cd into my car -- it has a Cd player that I forget is even there.

in 2017 -- iTunes and CD should be the exact same sound wise right? sounds the same, but I remember years ago CDs still sounded better due to compression. But I'm not an audiophile.

I got 3 CDs in the mail yesterday... and I keep getting emails begging me to download or order another one. I guess that's what happens when you order 6 single tickets.

I got 1 digital download for free, but day it was out I bought the itunes deluxe.

Anyone I put CD in computer -- haven't done that in ages. In fact, I haven't listened to music not on my computer or iphone in forever. I don't have a stereo anymore, but sort of miss it. Maybe I'll throw my Cd into my car -- it has a Cd player that I forget is even there.

in 2017 -- iTunes and CD should be the exact same sound wise right? sounds the same, but I remember years ago CDs still sounded better due to compression. But I'm not an audiophile.
That's because every redemption counts towards the billboard charts in the week they're redeemed.

So they're trying to make it look like the album had staying power.

I'm not an audiophile either, but if you are talking about the sound quality for a CD which you load into iTunes, it depended on how it was loaded. I haven't done it in a while, but you could select a quality. For best quality there was a "lossless" format. The files were larger and took up more space. If you went with mp3 quality (or whatever apple calls it) then yes, there was a degradation in quality.

I finally received my two cd's yesterday. I am carrying one in the car with me because that's what I still like to do. But I'm just a dinosaur who wonders why it still walks the earth...yeah.

Last edited:
That's because every redemption counts towards the billboard charts in the week they're redeemed.

So they're trying to make it look like the album had staying power.

I knew this but I like to think it's because they love the album so much they want me to have 6 copies of it. It's that good!

Back
Top Bottom