Goat Island, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Visitors to my place can have jam or honey or baked beans or just olive oil marg to spread on their toast, but they're not having effin' Vegemite.

(I swore never to buy it again after the divorce, since it was the bloody ex's favourite, bleurgh)

Visitors to my place can have jam or honey or baked beans or just olive oil marg to spread on their toast, but they're not having effin' Vegemite.

(I swore never to buy it again after the divorce, since it was the bloody ex's favourite, bleurgh)

OK, this isn't epic fail. Vegemite is for wimps. Marmite is where it's at, though.

one of the plethora of things i hate about this job is having to make the kids marmite toast, or marmite coissants, or marmite anything. :yuck:

ewwwww. i really need to try marmite but my mom doesn't want to buy it if i hate it :lol: when i'm making a meal for just me, i usually take the easy way out and just make rice. it's cheap and easy.

yeah, that is awesome. that's like the kind of thing you'd see in a movie or something to have like a whole class cheering you on while you rant.

You should've driven/caught a bus/hitch-hiked/walked to Franklin in 2005! I had Marmite with me then.

Ha, yeah. Or a doco about the sixties. That's what it felt like. One of the other students had just advocated a revolution before I spoke. :laugh:

one of the plethora of things i hate about this job is having to make the kids marmite toast, or marmite coissants, or marmite anything. :yuck:

Oh, it's on the continent?

For the record, British Marmite is not the same as our Marmite. Ours is stronger and thicker.

out of curiosity how much does a jar of marmite cost there? i'm wondering how much we get raped on prices.

Uhh ... I'm honestly not sure! I haven't bought it in ages. But my last jar just ran out, so I'll find out how much it costs soon enough.

Uhh ... I'm honestly not sure! I haven't bought it in ages. But my last jar just ran out, so I'll find out how much it costs soon enough.
ha, okay. and yours is stronger? shit, i wonder whether the store carries british or australian marmite. well, it'll be easy enough to figure out next time i'm at the store.

Yep. Kate's family wanted Vegemite, so I brought that for them, but I wasn't going to stomach that myself and brought my own Marmite.
ha! so is vegemite just basically a diluted version? i don't know if i've ever seen anything other than marmite in stores, so vegemite wouldn't even be an option. though i'll admit it, my first time hearing of either was in the song down under by men at work :reject:

ha, okay. and yours is stronger? shit, i wonder whether the store carries british or australian marmite. well, it'll be easy enough to figure out next time i'm at the store.

If it helps, ours is made by Sanitarium, while the British one ... well, it was Marmite Foods, but now it's a trademark of Unilever or something. I suppose I could check Wikipedia but I'm lazy.

If it helps, ours is made by Sanitarium, while the British one ... well, it was Marmite Foods, but now it's a trademark of Unilever or something. I suppose I could check Wikipedia but I'm lazy.
ahh, okay. i did look at the label once and i recognized the company's name but couldn't remember what, so it must've been unilever. boo.

ha! so is vegemite just basically a diluted version? i don't know if i've ever seen anything other than marmite in stores, so vegemite wouldn't even be an option. though i'll admit it, my first time hearing of either was in the song down under by men at work :reject:
That song has given me an irrational hatred of flutes..... :grumpy:

No, Vegemite just has a different composition of ingredients. That's how our Marmite became different to the British one too, since they were once the same but we changed things up a bit - the Brit one is apparently more salty, though everyone I know who's tried it reckons ours is the more intense one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom