Goat Island, New South Wales Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oops, my bad. it's a language software that helps you learn virtually any language in record time apparently. it's $550 per language! it'll make you completely fluent, but still.

it's funny because they have american english and british english as options :lol:

Gnocchi are good. I thought I'd go OTT with the dinner to make up for the boring week off I'm having this week...

Yeah, I have this mild love affair with gnocchi napoli. Though I made a large serving, and I think I'm just about potatoed out right now ...

And if you want something to do, I have an exam I'd prefer not to take! I even totally lost it in a tutorial today and went on a rant about "pseudo-academic wank" and I even brought out the "people using big words to show off the size of their intellectual dick" line.

Yeah, I have this mild love affair with gnocchi napoli. Though I made a large serving, and I think I'm just about potatoed out right now ...

And if you want something to do, I have an exam I'd prefer not to take! I even totally lost it in a tutorial today and went on a rant about "pseudo-academic wank" and I even brought out the "people using big words to show off the size of their intellectual dick" line.
:giggle: i'd be shocked if you weren't having gnocchi or hot hungarian salami!

ooh :drool: that would've been awesome to see, because it's so true.

No Ax, that's the whole point of academia....

And thanks for the kind offer, but I think I've taken all the exams I need to in this life, and my week off ain't THAT boring :no:

:giggle: i'd be shocked if you weren't having gnocchi or hot hungarian salami!

ooh :drool: that would've been awesome to see, because it's so true.

Heh. I pretty much don't change my lunches. I had essentially the same lunch for all five years at high school.

It was GREAT. Especially because most of the tute was with me. We were looking over past exam questions, and I just lost it when I came across one about "the significance of pluralising masculinity and feminism for approaches to the international". I blurted out "what does that even MEAN?!" and went off on a rant.

And yesterday, I got a cheer out of my tute for "maybe it's the two glasses of wine talking, but - white Australia needs to get the fuck over itself."

It's been a good week for speaking my mind.

Heh. I pretty much don't change my lunches. I had essentially the same lunch for all five years at high school.

It was GREAT. Especially because most of the tute was with me. We were looking over past exam questions, and I just lost it when I came across one about "the significance of pluralising masculinity and feminism for approaches to the international". I blurted out "what does that even MEAN?!" and went off on a rant.

And yesterday, I got a cheer out of my tute for "maybe it's the two glasses of wine talking, but - white Australia needs to get the fuck over itself."

It's been a good week for speaking my mind.
i'm sort of like that, where i get on a kick where i want this one particular item, but then i get so burnt out on it i can't have it for a while. it made it tough for school lunches since it's not like you have a wide variety of options for that.

ha, that's awesome! especially since most everyone agreed with you.

No Ax, that's the whole point of academia....

And thanks for the kind offer, but I think I've taken all the exams I need to in this life, and my week off ain't THAT boring :no:

:laugh:

I'm so tired of bullshit academia. If I manage to make a career as an academic, I think I'll make a point of calling it out in the harshest words possible. I don't care if it makes my entire department hate me. Nobody needs bollocks about "pluralising masculinity and feminism" that means NOTHING.

i'm sort of like that, where i get on a kick where i want this one particular item, but then i get so burnt out on it i can't have it for a while. it made it tough for school lunches since it's not like you have a wide variety of options for that.

ha, that's awesome! especially since most everyone agreed with you.

Yep. From when I was 11 to 18, pretty much every lunch I didn't have at school was cheese and Marmite toasted sandwiches. Now? You couldn't possibly interest me with it. It's got to be the salami and cheese, and now I'm finding I don't really want it without some onion or taco sauce or tomato or whatever on it too.

Oh, it was great. Especially the "white Australia needs to get the fuck over itself" remark. I knew the people I usually talk to would be with me, but I didn't expect cheers!

Our AWOL friend reptile is copying you, I was meant to meet him for a drink tonight but he's apparently not that awake having worked till 7.00 am. Dunno why...

Yep. From when I was 11 to 18, pretty much every lunch I didn't have at school was cheese and Marmite toasted sandwiches. Now? You couldn't possibly interest me with it. It's got to be the salami and cheese, and now I'm finding I don't really want it without some onion or taco sauce or tomato or whatever on it too.

Oh, it was great. Especially the "white Australia needs to get the fuck over itself" remark. I knew the people I usually talk to would be with me, but I didn't expect cheers!
ewwwww. i really need to try marmite but my mom doesn't want to buy it if i hate it :lol: when i'm making a meal for just me, i usually take the easy way out and just make rice. it's cheap and easy.

yeah, that is awesome. that's like the kind of thing you'd see in a movie or something to have like a whole class cheering you on while you rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom