Girls & Boys & Communist Sun God Worshippers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Emma I wanted to ask you, since people of my race have spread themselves all over almost every single city in this world, are there Indians in Shrewsbury? :hmm: I know there are huge populations of us in London and up north, and in Leicester, I'm wondering how far they've spread to the midlands....

Emma I wanted to ask you, since people of my race have spread themselves all over almost every single city in this world, are there Indians in Shrewsbury? :hmm: I know there are huge populations of us in London and up north, and in Leicester, I'm wondering how far they've spread to the midlands....

There are, but there are VERY few. Where I live is horrifically undiverse - I think there was one black person in my year at school? And talking specifically of Indian people, I'm not sure there were any at my school at all. It's quite a rural place - if you head over to Birmingham, or over to Manchester, it's better. But in Shrewsbury itself, you don't find too many people that deviate from the 'white, middle class' norm :shrug: It's a pretty boring place.

Ah.. is that why you want to leave then? :wink:

That's pretty strange though, since there are Indians in every corner of the world :crack: But yeah like you said, I do know there are plenty in larger cities. All mainly because them moving there before the British Empire ended it's rule in India so they could move to a "better" place, so to speak and have British citizenship... I have plenty of relatives there too.

Ah.. is that why you want to leave then? :wink:

That's pretty strange though, since there are Indians in every corner of the world :crack: But yeah like you said, I do know there are plenty in larger cities. All mainly because them moving there before the British Empire ended it's rule in India so they could move to a "better" place, so to speak and have British citizenship... I have plenty of relatives there too.

I know, it's strange given how diverse the rest of Britain is... I'm just living in an isolated sort of place and yes, that's why I can't wait to leave :D It's a shame because the town itself is gorgeous. All medieval buildings, castled, churches and courtyards. But the people are ignorant as hell.
That's cool, were exactly do you have relatives in Britain?

I have about a hundred in the midlands - Leicester in the central place where they are... there are some in Nottingham, a few in London. My cousin just got married and moved to Harrow.

There are, but there are VERY few. Where I live is horrifically undiverse - I think there was one black person in my year at school? And talking specifically of Indian people, I'm not sure there were any at my school at all. It's quite a rural place - if you head over to Birmingham, or over to Manchester, it's better. But in Shrewsbury itself, you don't find too many people that deviate from the 'white, middle class' norm :shrug: It's a pretty boring place.

Wow. Emma, did your school not even have a foreign exchange program?

I have about a hundred in the midlands - Leicester in the central place where they are... there are some in Nottingham, a few in London. My cousin just got married and moved to Harrow.

I applied for Uni at Nottingham :D And my asshole father was born in Leicester, or near it, I'm not sure :lol:

Wow. Emma, did your school not even have a foreign exchange program?

HELL no :lol: The idea of that is completely unheard of! It was quite a small school though (probably in your terms, but not in terms of school over here) I think it was 900 people spread across 5 year groups?

I'm off now... food is done :drool: Going to enjoy my plateful while watching a good movie or some good show on TV... it's the perfect cozy, rainy evening too :drool:

Bye mentally-45-but-numerically-18 Emma and Justin :wave:

I'm off now... food is done :drool: Going to enjoy my plateful while watching a good movie or some good show on TV... it's the perfect cozy, rainy evening too :drool:

Bye mentally-45-but-numerically-18 Emma and Justin :wave:

Are you trying to say Justin's 18 too? :wink: Bye, mes chere :wave:

25-30. The building was pretty big though. :wink:

That's about the same as mine. I find American high schools so interesting, and TERRIFYING sounding - on tv over here, they seem so big!

Au Revoir, hiphop :wave:

And sorry to go and desert you Justin but I think I'm going to be off too. Night :wave:

Ah, I'm not deserting you because Cassie's here :D Good luck making the new thread, and make sure IT'S A FUNNY ONE! And terribly immature, given that it's my last chance to laugh at immature things :sad: I don't want to be an adult!
...bye!

Ah, I'm not deserting you because Cassie's here :D Good luck making the new thread, and make sure IT'S A FUNNY ONE! And terribly immature, given that it's my last chance to laugh at immature things :sad: I don't want to be an adult!
...bye!

It's not going to be a funny one at all. :reject:

Well, maybe, I'll see...:wink: If not, don't blame me. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom