General Video Game Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone interested in seeing my Resident Evil 4 mods for PC? I really want to make one of Bono lolz. But I cant find a picture of him head on with neutral expression and NO GLASSES!

May pick up Assassin's Creed or Mass Effect this weekend. Saw em for $20....either buy that or some other really good game that I never got around to picking up.

no one wants to see lol? awwwwwwww .. .. .. ..

OK here's ONE:

6.jpg

and another:

23.jpg

and this mayhen:

15.jpg
14.jpg

Oh well, if only anyone cared lolz . .. ...

from IGN:

Fallout: New Vegas Announced
A whole new game is on the way.

April 20, 2009 - Bethesda has announced a new entrant into the Fallout franchise, subtitled New Vegas. Details are slim at the moment as Bethesda is remaining tight-lipped, but a few bits of information were provided. The game is being developed by Obsidian Entertainment and is due out sometime in 2010 for Xbox 360, PlayStation 3 and PC. The game is not a direct sequel to Fallout 3, though it is an RPG and Bethesda has said that you can expect the "same type of game," despite the fact that a different developer is working on it.

Bethesda did not go into specifics on gameplay or what engine would be used, but a spokesperson did mention that you can "make educated guesses" on those matters. While we're in the guessing mood, we're guessing the game will be set in a post-apocalyptic Las Vegas. IGN has been told we can expect a full reveal when Obsidian is ready to show it.

Obsidian Entertainment was founded by members of Interplay's Black Isle Studio -- the group that worked on the original Fallout games -- after it was disbanded. Bethesda has said it approached Obsidian regarding this project and an agreement was quickly reached.

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiiice.

Finished my second run through Resident Evil 5 this weekend (did it on the tougher difficulty). The game is still extremely fun, it was nice to be able to take everything in this time. I started up another game but with unlimited ammo on the weapons I've entirely leveled up this time, makes it pretty dang easy (but hilarious).

Anyone play the demo of UFC Undisputed yet? I downloaded it for PS3 a few days back. That game is gonna be effin sweeeet! Cant wait to use GSP. I'm also stoked that Uncharted 2 will have multiplayer. It looks like a lot of fun too. Killzone 2 is really good, but for some reason Ive gone back to COD4 multiplayer. I'm a bit of a COD4 whore at the moment.

Be prepared for several levels of awesome Beav :up:

I like it. The world they built is incredible. I find that some of the quests involving too much aimless wandering, and that always annoys me, but the game itself is excellent. I love just wandering through buildings (though I like it a lot more when the fighting is over, as I really don't like the fighting system they have in here) and finding random shit. The cities and buildings themselves are amazing. And I haven't left the east side of the city yet.

I like it. The world they built is incredible. I find that some of the quests involving too much aimless wandering, and that always annoys me, but the game itself is excellent. I love just wandering through buildings (though I like it a lot more when the fighting is over, as I really don't like the fighting system they have in here) and finding random shit. The cities and buildings themselves are amazing. And I haven't left the east side of the city yet.

you don't like VATS? man, decapitating a dude with a head shot in slow-mo never gets old!

The Super Mutants? Yeah, they're a pain in the beginning. Once you get to level 10 or so they're not as big a problem...

Next to the Behemoth, the Death Claws are probably the next difficult... The Feral Ghouls irritate me the most because they will sit there all quite in the dark until you are right on top of them and then jump up and growl, it can be rather unnerving...

And I hate those friggin flys that spit at you. I chase them down and beat them with a nail board. Oh, and I killed the sniper in the mine field, but I kept getting shot. WTF is that about? I looked all over but couldn't find the second gunman. Goddamn CIA.

And I hate those friggin flys that spit at you. I chase them down and beat them with a nail board. Oh, and I killed the sniper in the mine field, but I kept getting shot. WTF is that about? I looked all over but couldn't find the second gunman. Goddamn CIA.

Bloatflies? lol, I never let them get close enough to spit on me... Speaking of spit, what about those nasty Centaurs?

Is it that town called Minefield? Cus yeah, there should only be one dude there...

Also, Scumbo posted this in the last thread but here is a good place to look if you get stuck:

Fallout 3 - Fallout Wiki - The Vault

What weapons are you using Uber? I can't even begin to imagine someone not liking combat in this game. If you're using boards with nails in them though, yes, you'll likely hate it. If you're still a really low level, you should work on leveling up before traveling too far away from the starting area. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by aimless wandering in regards to the side quests either, as everything seemed pretty straight forward as to what you're supposed to do if you check your map, compass, and pipboy for quest info.

Elfa, I actually think there were 2 or 3 people in that building in the minefield. One was the sniper, the others were just up there with him. Possibly Beav shot one of the other people. Maybe not. It's been a while, I don't entirely remember.

I look forward to starting this up again next week with the Broken Steel update, can't wait to see what new Perks they've included. My character is going to be completely maxed out on stats by the time I get to 30.

also Beav, Scumbo is right; leveling up is a must. I recommend Raiders, they are fairly easy (unless there is a large group of them) and they tend to give good experience and have lots of guns, ammo and gear to sell or use afterwards...

Two good spots to visit close to Megaton are the Elementary School to the North and the Super Duper Mart to the South...

What weapons are you using Uber? I can't even begin to imagine someone not liking combat in this game. If you're using boards with nails in them though, yes, you'll likely hate it. If you're still a really low level, you should work on leveling up before traveling too far away from the starting area. I'm not sure what exactly you mean by aimless wandering in regards to the side quests either, as everything seemed pretty straight forward as to what you're supposed to do if you check your map, compass, and pipboy for quest info.

Elfa, I actually think there were 2 or 3 people in that building in the minefield. One was the sniper, the others were just up there with him. Possibly Beav shot one of the other people. Maybe not. It's been a while, I don't entirely remember.

I have guns, boards, a police baton and an exploding lunch box which I built myself :happy:. I just notice that all the guns go through ammo real quick, and it seems that not much damage is done.

also Beav, Scumbo is right; leveling up is a must. I recommend Raiders, they are fairly easy (unless there is a large group of them) and they tend to give good experience and have lots of guns, ammo and gear to sell or use afterwards...

Two good spots to visit close to Megaton are the Elementary School to the North and the Super Duper Mart to the South...

I started dominating the raiders last night actually. One shot with a sawed off to the face takes care of them, but I have to run up real close first. But I went to the National Archives last night and was absolutely decimated by the brute guys.

I killed Arkansas and took his gun. But I still keep getting sniped. Maybe I didnt' go in the right house? Also, the sniper rifle is broken. How can I get it fixed?

well to repair the sniper rifle you need another one and a decent repair skill, or you can pay to have a shopkeeper to do it for you.

I find the standard hunting rifle is best at medium range, the chinese assault rifle is also a good choice.

What is your small guns skill at? Have you been reading all the books you find?

I don't get an option to have someone fix it. Like it's just dead. That sucks cause I only got to use it once.

The hunting rifle is real slow. The assault rifles are good, but they run out of ammo too quickly. I have no idea what my gun skill is. Probably in the 30s or so?

Repairing weapons is key to making sure they have all the damage they can do. Also, your respective skills with the types of weapons you're using directly corresponds to this as well. While the game is presented like a first person shooter, it's first and foremost a role playing game in terms of what's going on behind the scenes in regards to combat. If your guns are repaired, and your skills are high for the weapon you're using, both your damage and accuracy will increase significantly.

If I might make a recommendation, I'd say to completely avoid doing any type of hand to hand or melee combat. Don't put points into either, and don't use those types of weapons. Stick to either small arms (pistols, submachine guns, assault rifles, sniper rifles), energy weapons, or big guns. Small arms is generally the best to invest in, as it's the type of weapon that's most prevalent in the game, especially early on. I ranked up my big guns skill a bit and used the weird gun you can make that shoots cans and garbage. It's actually really good early on and helps you save up ammo on your other weapons, but all the garbage you use as ammo counts as weight you're holding. As Elfa said, either rank up your own repair skill or frequently pay merchants to repair your weapons and armor quite regularly. Also, pick one or two guns you want to use regularly and buy tons of ammo for them. If you're still pretty early in to the game level wise, just wander around near Megaton and kill whatever is near there. If the flies are still causing you problems, you definitely don't want to be going places where Super Mutants are. You're just not ready for them in regards to your skills and equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom