Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The Rains of Castamere is a famous song in Westeros. It is dedicated to Tywin Lannister in particular and House Lannister in general.

When Cat heard that, she knew it was all over.

And who are you, the proud lord said,
that I must bow so low?
Only a cat of a different coat,
that's all the truth I know.
In a coat of gold or a coat of red,
a lion still has claws,
And mine are long and sharp, my lord,
as long and sharp as yours.

And so he spoke, and so he spoke,
that Lord of Castamere,
But now the rains weep o'er his hall,
with no one there to hear.
Yes now the rains weep o'er his hall,
and not a soul to hear.

Game of Thrones - The Rains of Castamere - Full version HD W/ LYRICS - YouTube

The problem with Ned and Robb was that they were the wrong men for the wrong situations. Ned was completely out of place at Kings' Landing. When he said, "we've come to a dangerous place" he had no idea how dangerous. The people and the games they were dealing with were the antithesis of everything they believed and stood for. They should've accepted who and what they working with. But they didn't.

Is it wrong of me to say I wasn't that bothered because I didn't really care about those characters?

That was one damned red wedding, though. That much I can agree with.

Came across a pretty obvious and not necessarily great joke just now, but it made me chuckle just the same? (probably old anyway by now) -

Why doesn't George RR Martin use twitter?

Because he killed all 140 characters.

How did this come to be known as The Red Wedding, anyway? Was it a chapter title in the book? Or something a bunch of dorks came up with?

I have to say, even as someone who's read a fair amount of fantasy and sci-fi, the discussions about this show (not just here, but anywhere on the web) are nowhere near as fun as dissecting LOST conspiracy theories was. Makes my eyes glaze over.

It's referred to as such by other characters after the fact, so GRRM came up with it.

And if you get deep into the speculation and theorizing about this story, it can be a blast. But that's also all there really is to do between books/seasoms. Can't comment as to how it was for allcaps Lost /allcaps.

Or something a bunch of dorks came up with?

It's referred to as such by other characters after the fact, so GRRM came up with it.

So something a bunch/and or singular dork came up with then.
foto+GRRM+y+Alex+DlI.jpg

Chalk me up as another one would 'like' Lance's comments if there was such a feature. This is the one show I can think of that is suited to the Netflix release strategy, as I much preferred my season one binge as opposed to week by week viewing since. It helped that season one wasn't as sprawling, but still.

Also, the violence. I thought The Shield was pretty sick at times (one case involves a carjack victim having her unborn baby cut out of her, later the baby has its skull stomped in), but all that happened offscreen with the aftermath fairly obscured. The assault on Talisa was even more obscene in its depiction IMO. The Shield also saw most of its villains brought to 'justice' one way or another. There's not much of that in GoT, just bad people doing bad shit to others with apparent impunity.

Anyway, if season 4 doesn't wow me I'll probably quit (I hear the books have taken a downward turn in quality after the third). Kind of sad that a year from now Breaking Bad, Treme and Mad Men will all be over. Best of the rest is Justified and The Americans, and that's kind of sad.

The Shield also saw most of its villains brought to 'justice' one way or another. There's not much of that in GoT, just bad people doing bad shit to others with apparent impunity.

From what I understand at least, that is coming up, and in big ways.

Also, I can't believe sometimes just how close we are to the end of Mad Men. Nearly every episode of that show is just a self-contained miracle at this point. The world won't be the same without it.

Yeah, I was a bit quick to post that considering the narrative is taking on a longer form than most shows (sans soap operas).

The Starks are getting royally screwed though. As much as I love Arya, I can't see her delivering global vengeance just yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom