Game of Thrones

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That was not a finale, that was an afterthought, that's what that was

Season 3 should have finished last week instead

But why? That's pretty much the pattern with GOT, to have the big one second to last, then take in the aftermath of that and look ahead to what's next in the finale. :up: I've grown accustomed to the pattern and it's an interesting change from the usual. However I do think this may have been the weakest finale, with season one having the best finale actual ending scene so far.

This one wasn't horrible, it had good moments, and they were trying to fit most everyone in. The small council scene though was fantastic. :D:up:

Yeah, I keep wondering if and when their wedding is ever going to take place. I hope we get to keep seeing more Margery.

Please don't die, awesome Margery! :sad:

Please, book readers ... do not reply with any sly comments hinting around what happens to her. ;)

MV5BMTY2MjkzOTcxN15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNTg2NDg1Nw@@._V1._SY314_CR129,0,214,314_.jpg

Happy Birthday to Joe Dempsie (the actor that plays Gendry)

and a happy birthday to the following people:

Clyde Drexler
Darrell Armstrong
Bruce Campbell
"Cadillac" Greg Anderson
Meryl Streep
Bruce McAvaney
Erin Brockovich
Donald Faison
Emmanuel Seigner
Stephen Chow
Katie Jarvis
Kris Kristoffeson
Cyndi Lauper

New Zealand Cricketer Brendan McGlashan

and me :p

Peter Dinklage is up for another Emmy.

Diana Rigg is up for best guest actress, and Emilia Clarke is up for best supporting actress.

Huh. I didn't think Emilia was that great last season. I didn't see anything stellar about her performance at all. I'd say Lena Heady or even Michelle Fairley should've been nominated. But hey, award shows are more about star power, and less about acting.

Totally. CGI dragons are definitely life threatening.

Having not read the books, I'd been hearing the phrase "red wedding" for a while, and I had decided bad shit was going to go down at Joffrey and Margery's wedding, since there's been a lot of build-up to that. And that had me nervous, because I was scared that Margery or Tyrion (i.e., characters I like) would end up biting the big one.

I've been far less invested in Robbbbbbbbb and his goings-on. Although I was nervous when I saw Arya poking around outside. But at least I was surprised, since I hadn't guessed correctly.

Wait until the Purple Wedding

Can you please stop smugly referencing things that people who have not read the books would know about? I mean, come on.

How do you know I'm not making shit up? You can just read the books if you want to find out. They've only been out 15 years

He's read the books. Several of us have, and several of us haven't. Out of respect, it's good protocol for we who have read them to not even remotely spoil shit coming in future seasons for those who choose to enjoy this story by only watching the show.

I assumed he was just making that up, but even if he wasn't, all it tells me is that something bad/shocking will happen at some wedding in the future, which isn't all that surprising, because I assume any big event will have something awful happen to at least one attendee. Heh.

How do you know I'm not making shit up? You can just read the books if you want to find out. They've only been out 15 years

You're right. I apparently have no idea what's going on and should read the books. Again, I suppose.

He's read the books. Several of us have, and several of us haven't. Out of respect, it's good protocol for we who have read them to not even remotely spoil shit coming in future seasons for those who choose to enjoy this story by only watching the show.

I'm getting to the end of my second re-read, and I'd really like to discuss theories, speculation and general craziness. Can't we have a forum for book readers?

I assumed he was just making that up, but even if he wasn't, all it tells me is that something bad/shocking will happen at some wedding in the future, which isn't all that surprising, because I assume any big event will have something awful happen to at least one attendee. Heh.

Nothing good happens at a wedding in Westros, Sansa got married to the Lannisters forever, Robb and the North got butchered and Joffery murders Tyrion at his wedding. Nothing good.

Last edited by a moderator:
Can you please just shut up?

There is a book thread in Lemonade Stand. Go talk about it there. Or make a new thread.

I've just started reading the books (am at about 25% of book 1). The TV series made me do it. :) Already noticed a few changes from the TV series, but nothing serious. And some of the changes I welcomed (Catelyn being a bit kinder in the series, making everyone several years older).
Still, I've got about 5,000 pages to go! :lol:

The first book is almost exactly the same as the series. It starts drifting apart more and more from book 2 onwards though it's still a pretty good representation.

Holy shit, I finally get to read this thread!

So are the last 20-30 pages of every George R.R. Martin book really boring? Every season follows the episode 9 = WTFOMGYYW&@&^&@!!--->episode 10 = like, you know, whatever pattern.

The first book is almost exactly the same as the series. It starts drifting apart more and more from book 2 onwards though it's still a pretty good representation.

Having finally caught fully up with the show, I can agree with this. It was very clear that season 3 came out after book 5's release, or they must have had some contractual obligation with the actor playing Theon. I suppose having him disappear for potentially 3 years or more wouldn't have been the best thing to guarantee the actor's return, but I like the way the torture was handled in the book better. Show don't tell and all that jazz.

Season 3 definitely has been the furthest away from the books, but I really am loving this show almost as much as I love the books. Hope it carries on next season. I suspect we will all have a fantabulous time when all the events that I won't reference because I'm not a dick, like some people, occur :D

Nothing good happens at a wedding in Westros, Sansa got married to the Lannisters forever, Robb and the North got butchered and Joffery murders Tyrion at his wedding. Nothing good.

How about a crazy wedding...where something happens and do do do do do!

Have no fears, Martin's got stories for years!

and as for the king slayer, this last episode puts a little different light on him, can't imagine he made that back story up. :shrug:

Someone can help me out here if I'm wrong, but, I'm not sure if the television show mentions this, I've always had a small problem with Jaime's story. It's told basically exactly the same as it was in the book, which leads me to wonder: Ned says that when he found Jaime after he slayed the king, he was sitting, smugly on the Iron Throne, looking as though he might have been thinking of claiming it for his own. That little factoid kinda jives with the vibe of Jaime's own story. Now, again this is just what I recall, we heard the Iron Throne story from Ned's own POV and he hated Jaime, so it's possible that perhaps he saw what he wanted to see in Jaime's face, but I guess it's equally possible that George R.R. Martin just forgot what he previously wrote...

He's admitted to messing up in describing Jeyne Westerling, but the Jaime on the Iron Throne thing is definitely a product of viewing the scene through Ned's eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom