Game of Thrones, continued

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Here's some shit. I didn't start watching GoT until Season 7. Didn't know shit until my fiancée started filling me. I've never gone back and watched the previous seasons. Probably won't. I'm a freak. Now keep in mind I know nothing, but I wouldn't be surprised if no one sat on the throne at the end.

I'm down to believing either Sansa gets the throne or there's going to be seven independent kingdoms. The latter has been my opinion for most of the time I spent reading the books.

I'm down to believing either Sansa gets the throne or there's going to be seven independent kingdoms. The latter has been my opinion for most of the time I spent reading the books.

If Sansa is the one who chops off Cersei's head, then maybe she gets the throne. If Cersei doesn't die in a grisly and glorious fashion, there's a problem.

I doubt Sansa will be the one to *physically* kill Cersei since they're currently nowhere near each other on the map. But, as we've discussed, I suppose it's possible because of how loose they have started to play with the travel/transportation aspect of the story.

I was getting serious "Sansa is gonna try to kill Daenerys" vibes on Sunday but, again, now they're nowhere near each other.

We placed basically the entirety of the cast in one location and then split them all up again. With two episodes left.

Yeah, not sure what scenario involves Sansa taking the throne. Like, everyone else dying? I don't see it.

And unlike others with vested interests in King's Landing (Jamie, Tyrion, Jon, Daenerys, Arya, The Hound), she doesn't have a motivation to go there.

If he were to die before finishing they might bring in another author to finish up the series - like what they did with Robert Jordan and the Wheel Of Time series.

I believe it is said that GRRM has it in his will that, should he pass away before he has finished the books, no other person is allowed to finish the books. Of course, whether people will obey that part once he's gone, that's another story.

At this point, for my enjoyment of the tv series, I think I'm glad I haven't read the books.

There is enough to criticize about the last two seasons without also knowing what they fucked up from the source material

I don't think they fucked up that much from the source material. When the TV series were following the books (basically Season 1-5) I think the TV series improved on the books. The storylines were better edited, some excess fat was cut away, etc. It's only after the TV series went really beyond the books that criticism increased. That basically shows that the combination of GRRM and B&W produced great results, but on their own they are lacking.

Yeah, not sure what scenario involves Sansa taking the throne. Like, everyone else dying? I don't see it.

And unlike others with vested interests in King's Landing (Jamie, Tyrion, Jon, Daenerys, Arya, The Hound), she doesn't have a motivation to go there.
Jamie kills Cersei--->Varys has Dany assassinated--->Jon gives up the throne to Sansa?

Or you could flip it around and Dany dies in battle, Jamie kills Cersei and then Jon is left to decide what to do with the throne.

I think it's more likely she dies than takes the throne and I don't see that happening either.

Last edited:
I don't think they fucked up that much from the source material. When the TV series were following the books (basically Season 1-5) I think the TV series improved on the books. The storylines were better edited, some excess fat was cut away, etc.

In general I prefer the books (because of course), but the fourth book in particular is tedious and a real slog to get through, while the show was able to focus on the good stuff.

Genuinely curious how much the last two books will diverge from the show. Hurry the fuck up GRRM.

I don't have a great deal of faith that an old multi-millionaire who answers only to himself and surrounds himself with yes men, can write a satisfying conclusion, particularly not when there's at least two books to come, and he's on record as saying there might be more, AND both will be over 1,500 pages. I reckon y'all will have to comb through a LOT of muck.

Too much focus on the iron throne and not enough of this being A Song of Ice and Fire. I wouldn't be shocked if there was some twist where Winterfell becomes the ruling chair, this is what I mean when I say I see Sansa ruling. No way she does so from the South.

Too much focus on the iron throne and not enough of this being A Song of Ice and Fire. I wouldn't be shocked if there was some twist where Winterfell becomes the ruling chair, this is what I mean when I say I see Sansa ruling. No way she does so from the South.

I'm with you. Sansa will rule. The (bad) writing is on the wall here. Dany's done, whether she dies or becomes mad in 2.3 seconds and her ultimate outcome is left vague, she won't rule. Jon is too stupid (wasn't in the books), Bran is I don't even know what, Arya is leaving to have a solo life of adventure. It only leaves Sansa, and in a sense, her arc will be complete. She wanted to be Queen from the second we met her, she was insufferable in the beginning and will be so in the end.

Season 6 is when things really started going sideways. But nevertheless I will just pretend like 6x10 was the last ep and nothing after it ever happened.

I'll argue that Jon is equally stupid in the books. But the books end with the stabbening. I would expect him to be less stupid going further, but thusfar he's still the same old dumb old no nothing Jon snow.

I'll argue that Jon is equally stupid in the books. But the books end with the stabbening. I would expect him to be less stupid going further, but thusfar he's still the same old dumb old no nothing Jon snow.

Oh he is daft no matter what but in the series he is just beyond stupid.

On the show, for example, he ignores Stannis' advice to move all the people who hate him as far away as possible and instead promotes them all and gets stabbed by them. In the book, he basically "promotes" them as far away as possible and when he's betrayed it's because he wants to go to war with Ramsay and knows when he does it that it's extremely risky. I mean it's just one thing where I'm not saying he was a genius in the books but he's just so daft now that you look at him and roll your eyes half the time. And despite that daftness he basically keeps progressing upward in life.

Season 6 is when things really started going sideways. But nevertheless I will just pretend like 6x10 was the last ep and nothing after it ever happened.

I'm with you. I kind of forgive season 6 because the last episode was so incredible, from the opening montage to the revelation of Jon's parents. The last truly great GoT moment I can think of.

Oh he is daft no matter what but in the series he is just beyond stupid.

On the show, for example, he ignores Stannis' advice to move all the people who hate him as far away as possible and instead promotes them all and gets stabbed by them. In the book, he basically "promotes" them as far away as possible and when he's betrayed it's because he wants to go to war with Ramsay and knows when he does it that it's extremely risky. I mean it's just one thing where I'm not saying he was a genius in the books but he's just so daft now that you look at him and roll your eyes half the time. And despite that daftness he basically keeps progressing upward in life.
Totally forgot about that, but you're right. Book Jon is stupid in a totally different way.

I’m waiting for GAF’s reaction to Sophie Turner’s surprise Vegas wedding to one of the Jonas Brothers.
Soph is a good actress and gorgeous and legitimately really funny (at least in public appearances and the like). I'm happy for her. I also hope her character doesn't bite the dust.

Fuck Bran.

Where's Desmond when you need him?

sxeyc0.jpg

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom