Funny stories!!?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
europop2005 said:

i heard that too! he was at dinner with ali and gavin, and this reporter came up to him and started asking him questions, and he wanted to make the reporter uncomfortable so that he would go away, and the whole restaurant was acting like it was completely normal. hahaha

I would have choked on my linguini.

Rini said:

I heard it was because the song went badly and he was disgusted.

I heard he lost his pick during the song and Dallas didn't give him another, so he had to play with his fingers and then he was mad at Larry for some reason but I don't remember exactly... maybe someone else knows more :)

Last edited:
BonoFox1 said:
2)) A lot of us know about Adam in the loo incident during the 1987 Grammys...I have that on tape...Priceless!:lmao: [/B]

Is it just me or is that the quietest you've EVER seen Bono???

Edges thank you speech :lol:

Dahlia said:
*just finished watching the Edge-yelling-at-Larry scene* :drool: I could never imagine Edge shouting and I always wanted to see it :shifty: Wonder what he said to him? :hmm:

Dahlia, did you watch it on the dvd or is there a link for that clip posted?

I watched it on the DVD :) (And I watched that scene more than 10 times or even more :whistle: )

gifedgemad2.gif

i already posted this little story in another thread, but it fits better in here i guess :

it's from Bill Flanagan's book U2 at the end of the world :

bono is known to lose his own stuff and to get hold of others' stuff

i love the story where he is in a restaurant and the waitress comes up to him with a mobile phone; he takes the call at the table; later when he and his friends are leaving the restaurant, the waitress asks for the phone after which bono and his friends start searching under tables, chairs, etc; finally bono comes out of the gents holding up the phone -> he took the darn thing with him to the gents and left it there !!!

I read once that there were a bunch of fans outside of U2's hotel and Larry mooned them from his window! :ohmy: I don't know how true this is, since I only heard it once, but it's funny anyway!

BonoFox1 said:
There are a lot of U2 funny stories ...2 come to mind....

1)) On the first leg of the October tour There was a lot of professional and personal tension within the bandmember, but Bono had more strain than anyone. For months he had been uptight about everything , He would turn around and glare at Larry, Edge or Adam if a drum pattern changed or aq guitar diviated from the line. Bono was hyper the last time they played in new Haven, Towards the end of the gig Larrys snare stand broke. All Bono knew is that Larry stopped playing. Forgetting about the audience and the performance he turned enraged to find Larry grinning sheepishly.Bono charged huriling his akward bulk at the drummer, who took evasive action by jumping off backstage. Bono kicked the drum kit over, as it crashed around the stage. The audience roared in approval, they thought it was part of the show.
Bono ran after Larry, As he got to the rim of the stage, Edge reached out and grabbed Bono by the hair. The guitarist rarely lost his cool but now the welsh passion so slowly roused boiled over and raged at Bono. Edge wanted to kick the singers head in . Pod prevented that....
Bono stayed out all night. The anger drained away to be replaced
by the remmorse he expressed when he came home for breakfast-time. They laughed and put it down to pressure and the dangers and unrealiable snare stands...

((I read trhis story in 4 different books, interviews, just told a bit different each time))---Speaking of which there was another incident I believe Elevation or POP..I cant recall the era where Bono was so angry he threw his mic at Larry!!..Thank God Larry ducked in time..(( I know not a funny story but it came to mind)):|

2)) Fly Bono's very very tight leather pants ripped at the seat during a Zoo gig, he had a girl- fan help him tape them up...:lol:

^^ would have been very funny to see!!:lol:

Wish I was the girl with the tape!!!!:drool:

Souly said:

Apparently Edge lost his pick and Larry extended the song. :der:

I'm not sure what happened, but if you listen to the bootleg of the same concert, you can hear how badly Edge goes off the rails re: his playing as compared to the rest of the band. I couldn't tell whether Larry sped up or anything, though, there wasn't a huge difference in time as far as I could make out :shrug:

you can clearly see he still has his guitar pick on the dvd.. Edge's comment on tghe thing was that they 'murdered the song' ... he beckoned larry to go slower, but larry didn't get it and played it faster instead... you can see Bono in the end stopping to play.. he prolly couldn't keep up anymore...

Galeongirl said:
you can clearly see he still has his guitar pick on the dvd.. Edge's comment on tghe thing was that they 'murdered the song' ... he beckoned larry to go slower, but larry didn't get it and played it faster instead... you can see Bono in the end stopping to play.. he prolly couldn't keep up anymore...

And I thought he just got caught up in the moment! I thought that was all planned. :ohmy:

JCOSTER said:

And I thought he just got caught up in the moment! I thought that was all planned. :ohmy:

:reject: ack sorry, but somebody has got to be the spoiler eh?
oh I forgot to write there, note how Bono goes *tuning* his guitar instead of quit playing... :wink:

In case anyone doesn't know, I should probably clarify this:

The footage of the actual performance, and the footage of Edge destroying his guitar (and yelling at Larry on the documentary) are from two different nights.
They "murdered" the song on the first night (for whatever reason), and Edge subsequently destroyed his guitar and went off on Larry. But the actual performance is from the following night.
If you watch closely, you can see that Edge's guitar changes. It's black for most of the performance, but at the end, it's a lighter colour (which looks red under the light).

DreamOutLoud13 said:
In case anyone doesn't know, I should probably clarify this:

The footage of the actual performance, and the footage of Edge destroying his guitar (and yelling at Larry on the documentary) are from two different nights.
They "murdered" the song on the first night (for whatever reason), and Edge subsequently destroyed his guitar and went off on Larry. But the actual performance is from the following night.
If you watch closely, you can see that Edge's guitar changes. It's black for most of the performance, but at the end, it's a lighter colour (which looks red under the light).

there are some inbetweenshots of the red/orange one aswell,... it's the SYCMIOYO guitar :)
and it really makes me wonder how the performance of the first day sounds.... I liked the dvd performance a lot!

back to the funny stories...i'm sure everyone knows Mick Jaggers famous 1999 introduction...

"He's a poet. He's a philosopher. And last night, I think I saw him walking on water."

hahahaha! :lol: :lol: :lol:

"U2 at the End of the World" is full of funny stories, but this one always tickles me. From Bono's dad:

"You'd say, 'Paul, will you slip upstairs and get me a hairbrush from the bedroom?'
He'd come back and you'd say, 'Where is it?'
'Where's what?'
'Why did you go upstairs, Paul?'
'To go to the toilet.'"

(I mean, duh, Dad!!! :scratch:}

Back
Top Bottom