Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey, emoticon website? What's the point of having emoticons if you make it so people can't use them?

Phailure.

On a wholly unrelated note, fuuuuck, I took 346 photos this morning. I was only out for a couple of hours AND I WAS INTENTIONALLY NOT PHOTOGRAPHING EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY COULD! I have so many damn photos of Comeng electric multiple units from the LaTrobe St bridge that I ignored almost all of them.

I realised this once it actually started! I paused it just after the title screen where it gave Palin's name and I'd only seen her for a couple of seconds, so I didn't realise it was Fey at that stage. That's a really fucking good impression.

And huh, that wasn't bad, definitely a different side of McCain. I loved the "true maverick, a Republican without money" line. :lmao:
I know. I think it's the only reason she was willing to come back to SNL so many times. Especially when she's got 30 Rock to work on.

I just love the plates :lmao: mostly because EVERYTIME I saw him on tv during the run up over the summer he was getting on Obama's case about those town hall debates. Ah, that was just too much

I just stuck disc 2 of the Rent soundtrack in. La Vie Boheme is my LIFE:

To days of inspiration
Playing hooky
Making something out of nothing
The need to express, to communicate
To going against the grain
Going insane
Going mad

To loving tension
No pension
To more than one dimension
To starving for attention
Hating convention, hating pretension
Not to mention of course hating dear old mom and dad

To riding your bike midday past the three piece suits
To fruits, to no absolutes
To Absolut, to choice
To the Village Voice
To any passing fad

To being an us for once, instead of a them
La vie boheme!

:love: :love: :love:

Oh well that's good at least. Alkaseltzer! Take it.

I'm thinking Hot water, honey, lemon, and a half shot of irish whiskey. Then locking my cell phone away. Derek's speaking to me, I'd rather not ruin that. Well, you know... again...

Hey, emoticon website? What's the point of having emoticons if you make it so people can't use them?

Phailure.

On a wholly unrelated note, fuuuuck, I took 346 photos this morning. I was only out for a couple of hours AND I WAS INTENTIONALLY NOT PHOTOGRAPHING EVERYTHING I POSSIBLY COULD! I have so many damn photos of Comeng electric multiple units from the LaTrobe St bridge that I ignored almost all of them.

:grumpy: I know, and it wasn't even the emoticon I really wanted :'(

It's ok Ax, I take a billion pictures everytime I get the chance as well. Maybe not quite as many as you :wink: but I still take pictures of things like...oh...this:

IMG00348.jpg

I'm thinking Hot water, honey, lemon, and a half shot of irish whiskey. Then locking my cell phone away. Derek's speaking to me, I'd rather not ruin that. Well, you know... again...

It works wonders for me is all I'm saying. Remember the beginning of the semester when I was pretty much dying of a head cold? Alka Seltzer.

:grumpy: I know, and it wasn't even the emoticon I really wanted :'(

It's ok Ax, I take a billion pictures everytime I get the chance as well. Maybe not quite as many as you :wink: but I still take pictures of things like...oh...this:

IMG00348.jpg

I'm not sure the world was quite ready to see that again. :laugh:

Oh here's something fun though. I'm going to have my own reason to be crying about the election tomorrow. So remember how I'm more concerned about who wins the Indiana Gubernatorial race? Maybe a piece of me was too scared to find out, but I finally checked the polls today. Somehow contrary to EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND DECENT IN THE WORLD, Mitch is ahead in the polls by a landslide. The state of Indiana and it's educational system are DOOOMED

Oh here's something fun though. I'm going to have my own reason to be crying about the election tomorrow. So remember how I'm more concerned about who wins the Indiana Gubernatorial race? Maybe a piece of me was too scared to find out, but I finally checked the polls today. Somehow contrary to EVERYTHING THAT IS GOOD AND DECENT IN THE WORLD, Mitch is ahead in the polls by a landslide. The state of Indiana and it's educational system are DOOOMED
We need to both ditch our Mitches :(

So what's wrong with this chap? As familiar as I am with US federal politics, I am mostly clueless about US state politics.

And have we decided what to do for the next thread yet? Double Trouble State Park?

Here's a nice little biography on the chap:

Mitch Daniels - Biography:
Mitch Daniels: A biography of self-service and political gain

Governor Mitch Daniels earned his millions marketing Prozac and other pharmaceuticals as an executive for Eli Lilly. As a member of the board of directors, Daniels then helped transition Indiana Power & Light Company (IPALCO) to new ownership that cost employees and retirees millions of dollars as stock prices bottomed out -- just after he had sold his shares for a tidy profit.

As the head of the Bush Administration's Office of Management & Budget, Daniels also came under fire for his tendency to "sell" policies that served the administration, even if that meant making dishonest claims for political gain.

As a candidate for Governor, Daniels traveled the state and promised to take politics and power out of Indianapolis and be accessible to the other 91 counties. Since taking office Governor Daniels has systematically stripped state services from smaller counties, centralized services to Indianapolis and proposed more service and job cuts throughout the state.

He also told state employees "help was on the way" and promised them that privatization would not cost one of them their jobs. Daniels' has already cut 600 state jobs to date with plans to slice 5,000 more in the next year under privatization efforts.

Don't you just love him already? :happy:

it's too bad i'm not in the mood, otherwise i'd tell you about how horrible our mayor is when ashley's done.

Heh, you've ranted about him before. Seems TN's good at electing shit mayors. I know all about former Nashville mayor Bill Boner too. Bill Boner.

It works wonders for me is all I'm saying. Remember the beginning of the semester when I was pretty much dying of a head cold? Alka Seltzer.

:hmm: None of the special sinus crap has worked yet. Could be worth a shot. Any kind inparticular?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom