Frostproof, Florida Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
(i just read an article on slate about how the amish from intercourse, PA and bird in hand, PA are gonna vote in very small numbers)

(so, bird in hand?)

< nobodycares >

God, what an adventure. Found a great spot to photograph the Overland and XPT as they headed out of Melbourne - shame it was cloudy. Then we went to buy breakfast, ate, and headed up to the LaTrobe Street bridge to photograph the excursion. It was due in at 9:30, sit at the station for 20 minutes, and head out at 9:50 to stable in the yard until needed again at night. We got to the bridge at 9:21 - it is barely 30 seconds north of the platforms as the train travels.

So we waited. Photographed other trains. 9:30 came. 9:30 went. 9:35 ... 9:40 ... 9:45 we're giving the typical lines of "excursions are always late" and why were they so dumb to only timetable 20 minutes at the platform. Then at 9:50 ... that's right, we hear loud rumblings coming from the direction of the station, puffs of diesel fumes, then the bastard charges out from under our side of the bridge (it's a very wide bridge with a busy road, so we couldn't cross to the other side to see it coming towards us), heading off to stable. THE FUCKER HAD BEEN OVER TEN MINUTES EARLY. We missed the bloody train! Got some shots of it heading out, but not a good angle really. We're going to head back this evening to photograph it and hopefully actually get it this time!

All was not lost, however. We saw our two favourite W class trams, plus the dinner trams! I've never photographed them before. Well, I tell a lie, I have a very shit photo of one of them. But this time I got decent photos of three (they travel in packs). So that made the trip worth it.

< /nobodycares >

where should we go as a prelude to wasilla, anyway?

Heh, I was thinking about that on the tram ride home. Didn't think of anything really good, though. Just stuff like McCain's hometown or Panama, the good old Canal Zone where he was born.

Looking at the masterlist, maybe Defiance, Ohio?

And should the worst happen, Disappointment Islands! Though I expect to use that after the Kiwi election on Saturday. :sigh:

Ha, how about the Double Trouble State Park, New Jersey for the next thread?

Time for Criminal Justice class :hyper:

:|

Why must we be so political with the thread titles? (random aside, I don't really care overtly much)

Ashley, it's because we're PolSci nerds like that.

I know I know, and I realize I'm alone on this threadthat is frequented by 20 or so, it's just I'm feeling a bit left out. Maybe not left out so much as slightly mocked. (not personally, but do you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm in class so I'm only half with you)

That's all, I don't want to start an argument or anything.

I know I know, and I realize I'm alone on this threadthat is frequented by 20 or so, it's just I'm feeling a bit left out. Maybe not left out so much as slightly mocked. (not personally, but do you understand what I'm trying to say, I'm in class so I'm only half with you)

That's all, I don't want to start an argument or anything.

Well, we don't mean to make you feel that way - certainly not mocked! Perhaps we really should use Double Trouble State Park, since this week is double trouble for you with US and Kiwi elections. :laugh:

Well, we don't mean to make you feel that way - certainly not mocked! Perhaps we really should use Double Trouble State Park, since this week is double trouble for you with US and Kiwi elections. :laugh:

:lol: Oh God, even after Tuesday I won't get to escape it!

Oh My God. Did you see McCain on SNL? I don't know if there's any way you could of. But it's obviously a last ditch effort for him to appeal to the young people, and he pulled it off so Fing well. I'm sure you can't get NBC's website over there (for whatever reason :rolleyes: ) but let me see if I can't find it online.

Ha, on Nationstates, not only do I have the highest tax rate in the SuperRegion, but I just got a new issue and my solution was to up taxes even further as kind of a self-parody. :laugh:

And hello Chaaaaaaasssss.

Ha, on Nationstates, not only do I have the highest tax rate in the SuperRegion, but I just got a new issue and my solution was to up taxes even further as kind of a self-parody. :laugh:

And hello Chaaaaaaasssss.

Damn you edited before I could make fun of you!

:lol: Oh God, even after Tuesday I won't get to escape it!

Oh My God. Did you see McCain on SNL? I don't know if there's any way you could of. But it's obviously a last ditch effort for him to appeal to the young people, and he pulled it off so Fing well. I'm sure you can't get NBC's website over there (for whatever reason :rolleyes: ) but let me see if I can't find it online.

Yeah, the Kiwi election isn't until Saturday! But stick around - National's likely to win, so you are bound to see some heavy drunkposting lulz from me.

I heard about his appearance, the people on FYM seemed positive about it, but in a "too little too late" sort of way. But no, I haven't seen it.

Yeah, the Kiwi election isn't until Saturday! But stick around - National's likely to win, so you are bound to see some heavy drunkposting lulz from me.

I heard about his appearance, the people on FYM seemed positive about it, but in a "too little too late" sort of way. But no, I haven't seen it.

Oh damn, this just links to the NBC video, but you could at least try:

About.com: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mccain-qvc-open/805381/

Yeah it was far too late I think, but I still give him a little pat on the back for trying. He made my face hurt I was laughing so hard. I also hadn't slept in a day, and I was still pretty giddy cause I had just retold my friend Katie all about iSketch :p

Oh damn, this just links to the NBC video, but you could at least try:

About.com: http://www.nbc.com/Saturday_Night_Live/video/clips/mccain-qvc-open/805381/

Yeah it was far too late I think, but I still give him a little pat on the back for trying. He made my face hurt I was laughing so hard. I also hadn't slept in a day, and I was still pretty giddy cause I had just retold my friend Katie all about iSketch :p

It works, but buffering like crazy so I've paused it to let it load further. Oh god, Sarah Palin's there too?! Oh ... god.

It works, but buffering like crazy so I've paused it to let it load further. Oh god, Sarah Palin's there too?! Oh ... god.

HAHAH IT'S TINA! God she looks so much like her. I thought it was her for like a full minute before it finally clicked that it was Tina Fey

I liked that some people booed him :)

And Ax, it's not the real Palin, it's Tina Fey as Palin.

Honestly I think that's a little petty. But to each his own. I haven't seen the second sketch, I didn't realize there was one. Damn you criminal justice class!

And Ax, it's not the real Palin, it's Tina Fey as Palin.

HAHAH IT'S TINA! God she looks so much like her. I thought it was her for like a full minute before it finally clicked that it was Tina Fey

I realised this once it actually started! I paused it just after the title screen where it gave Palin's name and I'd only seen her for a couple of seconds, so I didn't realise it was Fey at that stage. That's a really fucking good impression.

And huh, that wasn't bad, definitely a different side of McCain. I loved the "true maverick, a Republican without money" line. :lmao:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom