Friday, Friday, Friday!!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
found a picture of the guitar magazine!
guiplay.jpg

and it's good i don't have a scanner and couldn't have scanned it in cos this is more complete than the copy i have--mine is missing the bottom left corner of the explorer cos that's where the address info was cut out (i got the mag from a friend who saved it from being thrown out when hr brother was cleaning his basement)

follow the explorer, la la la

Wow!!!! You found that all so fast!!! I better come in and play my own game! :)
I hope you find your beanie! And emm...what is this "guacamole incident" you speak of? Intriguing intriguing.... ;)

We just had Guitar Player past and here is: Guitar Player future! (both with the same guitar and guitarist, although it looks like the magazine has improved cover design) :D
EdgeCoverGuitar.jpg

Random tangent non related to the game: http://www.u2takemehigher.com/Edge/elevate/gala-039.jpg (tis a link cos its so big) But look at how intently he's listening! How nice. :cute:

Returning to the regularly scheduled programming!
amigos2.gif

951-2.jpg

We've even got it in cartoon form! Thanx to Eastlink! I love your cartoons! :bow:
cartoon60.jpg

http://www.u2takemehigher.com/Edge/elevate/gala-039.jpg
i love that pic, his expression is so funny

this is rahter long, but as you asked, and i'm still rather hyper from consuming some hot cocoa mix, here goes:

the guacamole incident: i was at a resturant with my parents, my sister, and grandma. i was probably about 11, and i can't remember exactly where this resturant was, or what we had been doing all day, but i remember that i was in a bad mood. we chose the resturant based because it had formerly been this place that we all really liked, and i had agreed to go (until i was about 14 i despised eating out) because i remembered that when we went there when i was even younger they had huge paper sheets over the table clothes and provided crayons so you could draw. but since someone had bought out the previous resturant and expanded it, they turned it into a mexican resturant without the paper table clothes and crayons...on top of that, i didn't like mexican food. now, i don't know if anyone in pleba has picked up on it yet, but i can be very stubborn. so i was complaing that i wanted to leave since it clearly wasn't the same resturant that it used to be. my mom told me to sit down, stop complaining and take off my hat...i refused to take off my hat, and instead i (and i remember this very clearly) dropped my head face first onto the table. well, if you're wearing a baseball hat, and the brim hits the table, it's going to flip off your head...and it did, straight into a bowl of guacamole...so until i was about 13 i didn't start wearing the hat again...cos i got guacamole on it! i didn't want to wear a hat with avacodo junk on it (i don't like guacamole), and for some reason it just didn't occur to me to wash the hat...so it sat on the shelf for a while until i decided that i needed to start wearing a hat again cos i was getting picked on for my messy hair...yes, i did wash it before wearing it again, only it was two years later...

i didn't realise this, but a friend pointed out (the same one who saved the magazine for me, she's nearly been fully converted to a u2 fan, and likes edge, all cos i never seem to shut up about how awesome u2 is when i email her, hehehe) that the pause in my hat wearing occured at pretty much the same time as loads of those pop pics where edge isn't wearing a hat happened...unfortunetly my mom noticed this too...i SWEAR i didn't know!!! i really didn't!! pop is one of my favourite albums, but i wasn't listening to anything other than the beatles when it came out!! it's all some scary conspiracy to make me get a real haircut and stop wearing my hat...hahaha

now i think after using up all that space talking about my hat story, i should find some edge pics for this thread cos even though we've gone three pages (which i was worried wasn't going ot happen back when there were only 4 posts), we can still get more in here!!

funny, i'm listening to "summer rain" and it's the "rain it down, rain it down" part...right as i found THIS pic:
edge24.jpg

i like rain, only not when it turns all icy like it is outside here...

i found this quote, while searching for pics. someone was describing a show during the elevation tour:
"The Edge, a guitar hero to most--stubbornly wearing that hat (give it up, guy...we know, all right?)--throws careful shapes with his faithful Gibson Explorer. "

thankyouthankyouthankyou for posting that link!!!!! that was so funny!!

it was in rahter jumpy slow motion, so it was kind of hard to see, stupid computer...but it was so funny!!!

"we're just happy to be part of something to vicious"

that cracked me up!!!

:lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:
hahahahahaa edge!!!

that totally made my day...not that the edge thread hadn't already, but that was so f:censored:g hilarious!!!

SpanishEyes21 said:
Some pics for the :larry: /:edge: girls

Larry looks like a 12yr old girl in this pic
edlar_young_gray.jpg

Edge looks like Paul Rudd in this pic (Cher's boyfriend/step-brother Josh in Clueless, Phoebe's boyfriend Mike on Friends).

Anyway, yay for all the Baby Edge pics. Why wasn't I born like 10 or 15 years earlier?

erised, thanks for the good thoughts. Perhaps we'll have a run-in with a certain blonde hottie when he's having a good day.

dsmith2904 said:
Yay, three pages!!! I'm going to post this link in the Gangs thread as well, here's the Extra interview where Edge shoves Bono around for a bit...

http://extratv.warnerbros.com/video/video_short.html? =2002/dailynews/gangsnypremiere1210

Thanks dsmith, i just watched it. Edge was so cute!!!:cute:

dsmith2904 said:

Anyway, yay for all the Baby Edge pics. Why wasn't I born like 10 or 15 years earlier?

In order for you to seduce Edge?:evil: :sexywink:

this picture of baby Edge that Jam Jar scanned for me is so darn cute that i feel like re-posting it.
335%3C%3A56323232%7Ffp6%3A%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E2323359769732ot1lsi

Thanks again Jam Jar

And im gonna throw in another pic.
Edge_London.jpg

Last edited:
SpanishEyes21 said:

In order for you to seduce Edge?:evil: :sexywink:

I have no idea what you're talking about :shifty:

Seriously, though, it would have been cool to get in on the ground floor with U2 and have been able to see them in small clubs and maybe had the opportunity to meet them and hang out with them after shows and all that. I am so happy to be a U2 fan now but there's something so amazing about being able to say you were there way back when.

dsmith2904 said:

I have no idea what you're talking about :shifty:

Seriously, though, it would have been cool to get in on the ground floor with U2 and have been able to see them in small clubs and maybe had the opportunity to meet them and hang out with them after shows and all that. I am so happy to be a U2 fan now but there's something so amazing about being able to say you were there way back when.

ok, so what that translates into is, you would like to go back
10, 15 years so you can be a U2 groupie:mac: in order to seduce
Edge:evil:

Seriously, I know what you mean . It would have been great to see, hang out with one of the most amazing bands on the planet when they were first starting out. And you got me thinking, being a U2 fan is so much fun :yes: And I bet no other band as such a great forum like Interference dedicated to them.

dsmith2904 said:

Edge looks like Paul Rudd in this pic (Cher's boyfriend/step-brother Josh in Clueless, Phoebe's boyfriend Mike on Friends).

Haha!!! I know what you mean too!! :sad: But we have him now, sorta. :sigh: But i do think he does look like Mike from friends too! Mike is so funny... he's my favorite on the show now!

Re: Re: I have an E! I have an ED! I have an EDGE and thats an Edge!

SpanishEyes21 said:

I see MOOBS:ohmy: :drool:
Speaking of moobs, we're missing a Larry girl:sad:

Awwww, you are too sweet!

:hug:

edlar_young_gray.jpg

:eek: Larry looks like my cousin Michelle when she was 11 or 12... she had the exact same haircut. That is weird. :ohmy:

Perhaps we'll have a run-in with a certain blonde hottie when he's having a good day.

:hyper: Oh, I really hope so! *fingers crossed* Even if he tells us to F.O.A.D.!

I'm sorry I didn't drop by yesterday. I was a little :drunk: when I got home last night. :shifty: I swear, I only had 2 margaritas, but I think they were a little too generous with the tequila.

Here are some pics so that you'll forgive me for my absence:

cbcoveredge.JPG

Psss, Edge, easy on that tequila. It's powerful stuff!

edgeshot.JPG

He looks French here.

formidablemagedge.JPG

Two hotties!

jtnewpiclarryedgesmaller.JPG

Last edited:
flaming june said:
I'm sorry I didn't drop by yesterday. I was a little :drunk: when I got home last night. :shifty: I swear, I only had 2 margaritas, but I think they were a little too generous with the tequila.

Here are some pics so that you'll forgive me for my absence:

cbcoveredge.JPG

edgeshot.JPG

He looks French here.

formidablemagedge.JPG

Two hotties!

jtnewpiclarryedgesmaller.JPG

*GASPS* ohhh...my..goodnesss!!!! NICE! and you're welcome for the pic, spanish eyes :)

:lmao: :laugh: Iwasbored, there must be some sort of conspiracy involved with that...perhaps you and Edge have some phychic connection! :eyebrow:

Yay for Four pages :dance:! Welcome back erised and flaming june! :hug::hug: Its an Edgy world!!! :happy:

rockonedge said:
:lmao: :laugh: Iwasbored, there must be some sort of conspiracy involved with that...perhaps you and Edge have some phychic connection! :eyebrow:

Yay for Four pages :dance:! Welcome back erised and flaming june! :hug::hug: Its an Edgy world!!! :happy:

Thanks! :hug:

An Edgy world is a beautiful world. :cute:

beanie beanie beanie beanie

this post is all about the MANY BEANIES OF THE EDGE

cos at fencing today i found my missing beanie-like hat...i guess it's a bit more than "beanie-like" cos it said beanie on the tag when i bought it...but that's rather off the subject of this thread...

so here goes, point out any beanies i miss:

edge has the zooropa beanie:
ed-ab9.jpg

plain black achtung beanie:
ed-ab46.jpg

plain black elevation beanie :
ed-all38.jpg

"more pricks than kicks":
ed-ab36.jpg

more symbols:
ed-ab54.jpg

more to come in a moment...

da spunk beanie:
ed-ab62.jpg

and the bar code beanie!
rstone8.jpg

and i can't beleive i almost forgot!
the northern scum beanie!
ed-ab69.jpg

i'm not sure if these can be called beanies, but they were worth noting:
ed-ab22.jpg

ed-ab19.jpg

ed-ab32.jpg

and then there's the grey beanie which i can't seem to find a picture of at the moment...

Jam Jar said:
uhm..doesn't have to do with beanies...but i find this pic irresistable :drool: bad edge! :shifty: Rawr!!
335%3C%3A%3C%3B923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A3%3A2838%3Bot1lsi

*edited to say: bono has a sort of moplet is this pic, no? half mullet and half something else.. haha ;) aww

i've never seen that, i love it!!!

i think it's just the angle of bono's hair that makes it look...no, maybe it just looks really weird...

After all, I'm STILL a Larry girl...

Jam Jar said:
uhm..doesn't have to do with beanies...but i find this pic irresistable :drool: bad edge! :shifty: Rawr!!
335%3C%3A%3C%3B923232%7Ffp47%3Dot%3E2326%3D997%3D%3C%3A7%3Dxroqdf%3E23232%3A3%3A2838%3Bot1lsi

*edited to say: bono has a sort of moplet is this pic, no? half mullet and half something else.. haha ;) aww

Gawd!!! If Larry ever looked at me like that... :drool: :combust:

:reject: Please excuse my outburst... carry on with the Edge droolfest. :wink:

200th post...that scares me; i've been spending far too much time at pleba...

edge day kinda lasts the whole weekend, doesn't it?

edge_bajo.jpg

i'm kind of curious to see whether this will turn out sideways like it was at the site...it's not the best pic i've seen, but it's SIDEWAYS...
edge%20popmart.jpg

IWasBored said:
200th post...that scares me; i've been spending far too much time at pleba...

i'm kind of curious to see whether this will turn out sideways like it was at the site...it's not the best pic i've seen, but it's SIDEWAYS...
edge%20popmart.jpg

BWAHHAHA!!! :lmao::lmao: Isn't our Edge talented!!!
Ps...you can celebrate your 200th with me! I just hit 100..someday i'll catch up with you iwb...:sigh: :wink:

rockonedge said:

BWAHHAHA!!! :lmao::lmao: Isn't our Edge talented!!!
Ps...you can celebrate your 200th with me! I just hit 100..someday i'll catch up with you iwb...:sigh: :wink:

yeah he can defy gravity!!

happy 100 posts! or 100+ at this point, it looks like...

i have no idea how i posted 200 times...well, now more than that...i feel kind of bad though, like i could have been spending my time doing slightly more productive things (you know, other than gawking at pics of the edge)...but it's FUN...

Back
Top Bottom