For My Durannies!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
one4u2 said:

I met Simon after one of their shows in 2001 :D I was with youtwohearts. I made her wait with me by the backstage enterance in the freezing cold. 2 people walked out with backstage passes on thier jackets and we asked if they were done with them and then we took them :wink: I ran backstage and I said where is he, where's my Simon and boom he was standing right in front of me :laugh: :reject: Needless to say, he signed the pass :wink:

I also saw and said hello to a very drunk Nick Rhodes!

:drool: :drool: :drool:

I have been fortunate with Bono. I'm not going to knock my luck, but right now, meeting Simon would be a "Like, whoa!" experience, haha!!! That is so cool though!!

LMAO! "Where is my Simon?" :love: :giggle:

Lady Val said:

Which concert is this from?? They pushed the video panels together.

This was from the Amsterdam show on May 30th, 2005. Fairly small stage so that is why the pics are pushed together. But what a great show...and to top it off, got to meet the band after the show.:)

Live8

r4152741705.jpg

I stopped taping and went to make a cuppa tea and I missed most of the only song they've shown of DD so far today here in Canada. Does anyone know what other songs they played?

Thanks for their setlist!

This really sucks I missed that because those are the 3 songs I really wanted to hear. I must find the vid or audio for this somehow.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

I am sorry :(

I am just a rabid fan right now. I'm a new Duranie and I just luff them like, hard core at this moment.

So... the more the merrier.

Apology accepted?:hug:

of course:hug:

VH1/MTV sure know to make a great concert appear atrocious,:(
i dont know how it is in other countries but ive seen snippets of great acts and all the rap stuff gets full coverage

Well I'm thankful I've got CTV here in Canada. We are getting 17 hours of footage. We got the first 2 hours of Hyde Park this morning at 6am and they've been pretty good showing stuff from other gigs during breaks on our Canadian concert. They have simultaneous feeds.

Although I can't complain compared to what you guys are getting down there I'm still annoyed that CTV is showing our concert in it's entirety. It was Bob Geldof himself that said they want to bring the biggest bands out to bring people's attention to the cause. Some of the obscure bands they are showing are probably making people switch off their sets. If I was watching the American coverage I would have turned my telly ages ago.

elevation2u said:

of course:hug:

VH1/MTV sure know to make a great concert appear atrocious,:(
i dont know how it is in other countries but ive seen snippets of great acts and all the rap stuff gets full coverage

Amen! My mom was just saying that! She said it was better organized 20 years ago. It's hard to believe, but it seems the truth. I was really hoping for uninterrupted music, changing from city to city. It's not like they have the problem of not enough artists.

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Amen! My mom was just saying that! She said it was better organized 20 years ago. It's hard to believe, but it seems the truth. I was really hoping for uninterrupted music, changing from city to city. It's not like they have the problem of not enough artists.

I've noticed that over the years with US network coverage with big live events that are worldwide. The Olympics is a good example. NBC would usually not show much live feed when compared to other countries. Actually what is amazing is the CBC budget would be millions of dollars less than NBC but we would show hundreds of more hours in coverage.
Cdn Broadcasting Corp and BBC are usually excellent with the amount of hours they will put into live events. Maybe it has to do with the our state sponsored television companies. MTV and VH1 should be showing more than they are. I noticed on the MTV schedule down there that they were showing repeats of Pimp My Ride and Punk'd this morning instead of showing live coverage from London.

I'll say it again. Bob Geldof want people to tune into the broadcasts and not turn off their sets. On a Saturday sunny afternoon across North America they expect us to tune into the crap lineups we have. People want to see more of the other artists from other gigs.

Slipstream said:

I've noticed that over the years with US network coverage with big live events that are worldwide. The Olympics is a good example. NBC would usually not show much live feed when compared to other countries. Actually what is amazing is the CBC budget would be millions of dollars less than NBC but we would show hundreds of more hours in coverage.
Cdn Broadcasting Corp and BBC are usually excellent with the amount of hours they will put into live events. Maybe it has to do with the our state sponsored television companies. MTV and VH1 should be showing more than they are. I noticed on the MTV schedule down there that they were showing repeats of Pimp My Ride and Punk'd this morning instead of showing live coverage from London.

I'll say it again. Bob Geldof want people to tune into the broadcasts and not turn off their sets. On a Saturday sunny afternoon across North America they expect us to tune into the crap lineups we have. People want to see more of the other artists from other gigs.

I am in complete agreement! I just... I can't believe how horrible this thing is! When they show performances, they cut them short! What the hell? They cut U2's performance after Vertigo (which wasn't even live, mind you!) to do an interview with Russell Simmons.

I don't think I would have ever moved all morning had we would have had continuous feed of Live8. I don't know whose at fault, but I am assuming it's MTV and VH1, who are both owned by the same companies. One would have hoped that at least one of them would have had it on non-stop.

one4u2 said:

I met Simon after one of their shows in 2001 :D I was with youtwohearts. I made her wait with me by the backstage enterance in the freezing cold. 2 people walked out with backstage passes on thier jackets and we asked if they were done with them and then we took them :wink: I ran backstage and I said where is he, where's my Simon and boom he was standing right in front of me :laugh: :reject: Needless to say, he signed the pass :wink:

I also saw and said hello to a very drunk Nick Rhodes!
Lucky lucky lucky! ha. I would be screaming backstage also!

& :drool: LIVE8 pics! I am still yet to see D2 .. I've been watching all day to .. oh well, the cause is more important then the band

zoopanda said:

This was from the Amsterdam show on May 30th, 2005. Fairly small stage so that is why the pics are pushed together. But what a great show...and to top it off, got to meet the band after the show.:)

How cool for you!!!

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

You are NOT lying when you say that! They are just awesome!

I have yet to lose my Duran Duran virginity, but I am willing to!

Are you going to the Indianapolis show this month??

Lady Val said:

Are you going to the Indianapolis show this month??

Oh geeze. Don't get me started :mad: :rant:

I am 18, very soon to be 19, and a young one to say the least, but my parents wouldn't let me drive myself (or take someone with me for that matter) nor will they take me because they do not like Duran Duran. My boyfriend offered, but that's a whole different, long and sordid, story :|

I really wish I was going though. :sad:

Mrs Adam Clayton said:

Oh geeze. Don't get me started :mad: :rant:

I am 18, very soon to be 19, and a young one to say the least, but my parents wouldn't let me drive myself (or take someone with me for that matter) nor will they take me because they do not like Duran Duran. My boyfriend offered, but that's a whole different, long and sordid, story :|

I really wish I was going though. :sad:
I'll take you Lauren!:hyper: :dancing: :rockon: :whistle:
I mean..erm.
I wish I was going, the better come to AZ:drool:

Oh man , Duran Duran, it was 82 that Rio came out and I fell in love with Simon. he was and the band of course, were plastered all over my walls in my room. They were the Beautiful boys group , pretty boys. Then Seven and the Ragged Tiger came out and they played at the Forum in la. What a show, it was amazing. My friends and I were right on Lodge, in front of Nick. I was only sweet 16. Then they played the forum again and I believe it was 86 or 87. Not the original set up and bad , let me say. Then I saw them at Verizon Wireless or where they have the Orange County Fair. It was fun but man did I feel my age there. Most of the women were in their 30's -40's. I had most of their import, b-sides, mag's, books and video's back in the day. I just gave them away. Didn't even think twice about it. How lame of me to do that. Oh well, u2 took over in 85-87 and still . :sexywink: :tongue: :wave:

Hey you up there!:D

I remember loving Is there something I should know, when they had the blue military suits on and I loved the Reflex, though I have no idea what the song is about and Hungry like the wolf..Yeah I was a Durannie
hyper.gif
woo.gif

Last edited:
I know some of you didn't get to see/hear Duran Duran perform yesterday, so I was able to find some audio of it.

Duran Duran at Live 8

They must have also done (Reach Up for the) Sunrise yesterday because there's also video floating around for it.

(Reach Up for the) Sunrise video from Live 8

That's the best I could do.

I hate to be critical but Simon looks a little... uhm... chubby? But that's okay. He's still beyond hot :drool: :heart: :love:

Back
Top Bottom