For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
OMG, I was just checking our school's eDeals board and someone posted "Christmas Kitten, HELP!" Basically this couple adopted a cat but now can't keep it b/c their in-laws are here for the holidays and are allergic (what a dumbass reason, they can find a damn hotel!). So the guy said he tried to return the cat, but the shelter told him it would be put down b/c it's not a little kitten and no one will adopt adults unless they have some sob story.

I replied and told him I'd foster the cat until a home is found. I'm such a sucker. I guess I'd rather have four cats in the apartment than one perfectly healthy cat put down b/c some idiots don't think before they adopt.

indra said:
Just getting ready to take my Alex cat to the emergency vet. He's not eating today, vomiting, got in and out of the litterbox without using it :uhoh: , and growls/cries when I touch him or when he tries to move. Poor kitty. :(

Wish me and Alex luck.

Good luck. Sounds like he might be blocked. :( :hug:

^

What a lucky cat that you stepped in, Liesje! :yes:

Alex does have a urinary tract blockage and is at the emergency vet getting catheterized. I'm supposed to pick him up in the morning and take him to my regular vet to continue treatment.

Poor guy was in a lot of pain (apparently his badder is really full -- Ouch!), but was still very sweet and very cooperative when he was being examined.

Here's a pic of Alex from just a few days ago. He was "helping" me with the computer. :yes: He's a rather large cat and tends to stick his tongue out a bit most of the time. Strange cat, but very sweet.

IMG_0664.jpg

And here are a couple of shots of Spunky Butt relaxing. The life if a kitten is exhausting!

IMG_0673.jpg

IMG_0675.jpg

I hope Alex pulls through ok :hug:
It must be hard to catch these things early with so many cats and all.

Got Philk? said:
Looks like we got another family member coming soon.

I think word is getting around to cat populations about you two.... :wink: Cats are clever. They know where the suckers live. :yes:

Alex update.

I picked him up at the emergency vet around 9 am and took him to my regular vet. After an exam and drawing some blood the regular vet decided to take out the IV in his front leg, which made Alex much more comfortable. Decided to leave the catheter in until tomorrow as they didn't want to remove it too soon.

Then they sent Alex home with instruction for me to monitor his output (amazing how cat pee suddenly became my focus for the day :rolleyes: ). I took a nap with him, which he loved as he could rest his head (he has one of those cones on so he won't rip out his catheter) on my arm and go to sleep. Everything seems to be working pretty well and he is feeling much better. Gave the vet an update a couple hours ago and she's happy with how he's doing.

He goes back to the regular vet tomorrow morning (8 am! These early mornings are killing me...I'm not used to being up that early!) when he will probably have the catheter removed and then they will monitor him for the rest of the day before sending him back home again. Then I'm supposed keep him in a seperate room for a while so I can moniter his litterbox habits and feed him his special food.

So he'd doing pretty well and I'm relieved. Quite a bit more poor, but relieved.

Glad to here he's getting fixed up!

I feel terrible b/c I e-mailed a co-worker for a cookie recipe, and she told me she's been at work all day today (8am - now), Christmas day one of her dogs (Great Pyrenees) had a tumor burst and has been at the doggy ER, plus her husband had his gall bladder removed last week. Some Christmas :(

Well, here's some recent photos of my crew

Starting to get along
Dec%202006%20006.jpg

Hiding in the Ikea box
Dec%202006%20010.jpg

The kitty crouch
Dec%202006%20011.jpg

Terrible photo, but doesn't she look just like a fox?
Dec%202006%20012.jpg

redFox1.jpg

HUNGRY!
Dec%202006%20017.jpg

Breaking in the new fleece jacket
Dec%202006%20022.jpg

I am soooo purrdy
Dec%202006%20032.jpg

I am soooo cute
Dec%202006%20033.jpg

Marijke wants to cuddle but she's not quite allowed yet
Dec%202006%20035.jpg

Lila64 said:

Lies - I think we have the same green Sanrio plates :ohmy:

:lol:

I think mine are called "Zazen." They're from Target. I picked them b/c the turquoise is my favorite color and I thought white dishes were to blah.

kellyahern said:
My sister's last kitten story: Homer is fascinated by Grover :shifty:. One of her friends bought my sister the Sesame Street Old School dvd and she caught Homer really watching Grover's "Over, Under and Through" sketch :giggle:.

I love that one!!!!...."around, around around around...."

She got a "sushi" toy and promptly had to throw it into her fountain, why I have no idea :lol:
(this is a quote from LarryMullensPopAngel--the "__" disappeared for some reason)

Mine throw all of thier "valuables" in the water dish...including my jewelry, when they can get ahold of it. I watched a special once about tigers and it said sometimes they hide the remains of a kill in the water to keep it away from other animals, so I've always wondered if this is some kind of bizarree instinctive behavior.

I've found Saki's toy mice in the food dish and water dish :giggle:
Yay pink water :der:

:lol:

Posh does the same w/ her mice. She hunts them, then shakes them violently, then dunks them in the water dish. :shrug:

Right now Posh is hiding indefinitely. I got some tribal masks handcrafted in Ghana and they're laying out on the couch so I can hang them. Posh is terrified of anything with a face!

Back
Top Bottom