For Cat Lovers Only V - Post Pics, Ask Questions, Comments, Etc.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Galeongirl said:
:cool: and she can play football/soccer... whenever I put something small or a ball in front of her, she hits it so that it comes back in my hand, I roll it to her again, she hits it back and we play like that for a while :)

:yes: Jewel can play 'fetch' better than our dog can. We sit upstairs in the lounge and throw beer bottle tops down and she will run and fetch them and bring them back up again - I couldn't believe it the first time I saw her do that!:laugh:

mandy1973 said:
:yes: Jewel can play 'fetch' better than our dog can. We sit upstairs in the lounge and throw beer bottle tops down and she will run and fetch them and bring them back up again - I couldn't believe it the first time I saw her do that!:laugh:

I couldnt believe it the first time Saki did it too! He was only like 4 months old and I threw a mousie and he ran and got it and brought it back to me. I thought it was just a fluke and I threw it again and he fetched it again! I was sitting there with my mouth wide open and all excited :lol: I had never had a cat that played fetch before.

Here's a vid of him fetching.
I posted this before but its just too cute :giggle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NiagsRn24bs

:lol: I like how Zoey just sits and watches.

Posh will fetch like that too, preferably at 2am, she'll be dropping mice in my hair and pawing at my face :mad:

Got Philk? said:
Looks like we got another family member coming soon. Is 4 cats like having 2 kids? Does it equal up at some point? Just wondering. :ohmy:

No. 1 kid = more like 7 cats. Kids are lots more trouble. And you can't just leave them hard food and a litterbox when you go on vacation.

Do you still have the foster kitty? That story made me so mad! If they're that easy to dump the cat, why did they even take a pet? Peoples' ignorance gets me furious. Pets are not couches or toys, they are living creatures.

BTW what happened to Maximus? Nothing bad I hope.

Last edited:
U2Kitten said:

No. 1 kid = more like 7 cats. Kids are lots more trouble. And you can't just leave them hard food and a litterbox when you go on vacation.

Do you still have the foster kitty? That story made me so mad! If they're that easy to dump the cat, why did they even take a pet? Peoples' ignorance gets me furious. Pets are not couches or toys, they are living creatures.

Yeah I'll take cats over kids any day of the week! I used to raise someone else's four kids all day, all week :huh:

Though we can't leave our cats for more than half a day at a time now because they get fed different foods in different amounts and are not free-fed.

No, we don't have the foster cat, they never called. I did see someone else post behind me saying she would adopt the cat permanently. :shrug:

This is a recent pic of my newest, Mr. Luigi. It was taken with my phone, so kind of blurry. He's making himself right at home in front of my computer. Clearly chasing the mouse tails on my cursor wore him out.

01-02-07_2130.jpg

cruzila said:
That's too cute Sicy! PussPuss does the same thing....well....she did up until I brought the new kitty home.

Aww :( Are they getting along ok?
Luigi is a cutie pie.

Sicy said:
This is often the reason why people who have never been around cats 'dont like them'. There is this stereotype that cats are lazy, boring, unfriendly, do nothing all day but sleep, you cant train them, blah blah blah. Cats are seriously one of the most affectionate, loving, hilarious, most loyal animals if you make the effort to get to know them.

Time for a rant. I really, really hate it when people say these things about cats, because they're not true. Some people just come from families where everyone 'hates cats' but can't tell you a good reason. It's ignorance and prejudice. Sadly,it's this kind of person who often thinks it's okay or even funny to hurt a cat. There should be a law! It's so good to see someone see the light that cats are not bad after all. In my life, I make it a point to educate people and defend the cats and tell them to give them a chance. I never give up. I have converted some very avid 'I hate cats' people.

Some people have some very unrealistic fears of cats, like that they're going to bite or attack at any minute (weirdest thing is, these people usually own great big dogs who would be much more likely to jump on you and bite,but they aren't afraid of them! :huh: )

To me one of the lamest excuses is the 'bad childhood experience' or using 'my grandma got attacked in a cat fight when she was a kid' as a good reason to hate and fear all cats. Look, when I was 3, I saw my best friend mauled by a dog and his face was covered with bites. I was disturbed, I feared dogs for a few years, but I got over it. All dogs are not like that, just like all cats aren't. The stupidest thing behind that logic is that there are also very many humans who will attack and hurt you, yet no one seems to have a blanket hatred or rejection for all humans. It's the same thing. Cats and dogs are just like people, you can't judge them all, they're all different.

All my kitties have been sweet, loving purring machines. I can't imagine anyone not liking them. It honestly hurts me. I admit I have a hard time with people who claim to be cat haters, I think they can't possibly be any good inside, and that anyone who likes cats can't be all bad inside.

U2Kitten said:

BTW what happened to Maxius? Nothing bad I hope.

Right right...hence why we have 3 cats and no children. :wink:

Maximus? He's doing fine. One of Lies' friends and housemates really loved that cat. So we allowed for her to take care of him. He's such a stud. I really wish I could have kept him as my own. But at taht time, I didn't have the funds to take care of him.

That cat is so big. he's not fat, but just a large cat. He's a cool cat. :)

I'm glad to hear Max has a happy home! I hope the other cat did get taken in for good by someone else. Those people who posted the add sound like idiots who would ditch him anyway.

You guys lot lots of time to have kids, I don't want to scare you, they're not that bad (though sometimes I think I should have raised only cats instead) But having both is fun. I know if you do have kids, they will be cat lovers too.

Sicy said:

Aww :( Are they getting along ok?
Luigi is a cutie pie.

Yes, they are getting along. Mr. Luigi is such an energenic cat. They chase eachother a lot and play and I think PussPuss' favorite thing to do is sneak up on him and scare him so he shoots straight up in the air. They are just starting to sleep near eachother and she grooms him a lot.

Mr. Luigi :lol: I love that name!

Max was locked out of our house for 2 days, poor thing. He was downstairs in the freezing cold basement curled up on a pile of old rags. And instead of comforting him, the person who discovered him yelled at him for peeing downstairs. :sad:

Babydoll said:
Max was locked out of our house for 2 days, poor thing. He was downstairs in the freezing cold basement curled up on a pile of old rags. And instead of comforting him, the person who discovered him yelled at him for peeing downstairs. :sad:

Oh no!! Poor thing. Is he ok? No food or water for 2 days is NOT good for a cat. Maybe you should have him checked out at the vet?

His owner (my roomate) got him checked at the vet. :) Now he doesn't let anyone out of his sight. If I'm gone for a second he yowls and looks for Katie everywhere, if she's at work, he'll sit as close to me as possible. He's also become a little nervous over the past couple days I've noticed. Any noise and it startles him. :(

mandy1973 said:
Oh poor Max!!! :(
My 2 aren't going to be happy today - its going to be 40C here!!:combust:

Poor baby! It was hotter than that for several weeks here in July/August and our four cats were dying. We don't have air conditioning, so all day they layed on the cement floor in the basement. No chasing toys and very little appetite.

Lila64 said:
I wish Otto would fetch. He will chase an object, but then just stands there like "well, you get it". :grumpy:

That's what Zoey does :grumpy:

Back
Top Bottom