For Cat Lovers Only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This is a very rare occurance :ohmy:

37346.jpg

Beautiful! :yes:

And a big :hug: to wenda. I'm sure your kitty boy will be back to normal real soon.

You have such beautiful kitties, Sicy! I love their fur.

As for mine, I think he broke one of his back claws. He went a little crazy today. :sad:

Some photos of my Miss Myrrh cat. She showed up on my porch in November 2004 and was very skinny and sick. She managed to pull through (I didn't expect her to) and just within the last few months has decided she likes me (and she likes Loki). She still isn't too sure she likes anyone else, and is pretty sure she doesn't like some of the other cats. She doesn't take shit from anyone either!

The first photo I took when she first arrived. Sorry it's so blurry.

missmyrrhkitten.jpg

These two photos were just taken a couple of days ago. :)

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

Last edited:
indra said:
Some photos of my Miss Myrrh cat. She showed up on my porch in November 2004 and was very skinny and sick. She managed to pull through (I didn't expect her to) and just within the last few months has decided she likes me (and she likes Loki). She still isn't too sure she likes anyone else, and is pretty sure she doesn't like some of the other cats. She doesn't take shit from anyone either!

The first photo I took when she first arrived. Sorry it's so blurry.

missmyrrhkitten.jpg

These two photos were just taken a couple of days ago. :)

IMG_0218.jpg

IMG_0217.jpg

That's great that you rescued her. She looks like she's starving in the first picture, you can see her bones :sad:. It's amazing how much better she looks now :up: :hug:.

Sicy, that is one of the best pictures ever of Zoey and Saki :up: :bow:.

kellyahern said:
Worf has another abcessed anal gland :banghead:.

This is the third time since the summer :(. I'm calling the vet again tomorrow :sigh:.

Poor kitty. :(

Indra, what a difference in Miss Myrrh. You have done such a wonderful job :heart:

Kelly I am sorry about Worf :( What is up with everyone's cats having problems lately :scream:

Doing research on the internet, it says that if the problem keeps repeating, the glands can be surgically removed because the cats don't really use them anyway.

The glands can also be "expressed" before they get full and abcess, but I was keeping an eye on them this time, and I couldn't tell that there was anything wrong. I thought she was just normally cleaning herself :reject:. I can't see taking her to the vet every few months for them to "express" them either, as Worf hates going to the vet so much. But I'm not too crazy about surgery either :sigh:. Bonochick said before that the vet could show me how to express the glands myself, but I can just see Worf letting me do that :lol:. Oh well, I'll see what the vet says.

kellyahern said:
Bonochick said before that the vet could show me how to express the glands myself, but I can just see Worf letting me do that :lol:. Oh well, I'll see what the vet says.

Ummm...if it's anything like having a dog's anal glands expressed you would not want to do it yourself! :lol:

my cat just started peeing on my shoes :scream: so far ones I don't really wear but it's gotta stop. I threw out a pair of flip flops today

anyone know how to stop this? I've got all my favorite shoes hidden lol

ETA: If it's not the shoes she'll find something else I just need her to stop peeing outside her box

She's old but perfectly healthy according to the vet

Last edited:
redkat said:
my cat just started peeing on my shoes :scream: so far ones I don't really wear but it's gotta stop. I threw out a pair of flip flops today

anyone know how to stop this? I've got all my favorite shoes hidden lol

ETA: If it's not the shoes she'll find something else I just need her to stop peeing outside her box

She's old but perfectly healthy according to the vet

when was the last time she was at the vet? :shrug: Maybe it's an infection?

She was just there last month. She's had $ 600 worth of tests in the past 6 months and they saying she's healthy.

but very very naughty!!

redkat,
Any changes in the environment? Anything new? Did you change her litter, or not scoop the box enough? You could try adding another litterbox where she is peeing by the shoes.

Redkat, I have known cats who will zero in on anything rubber (or vinyl) backed and pee on it (bathmats, etc.). What made me thing of it was you said your kitty had targeted flipflops, which sometimes are made out of that same material. Did kitty hit anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom