Flying Lotus and friends

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cobl04

45:33
New album Until the Quiet Comes is out October 2. It will feature another Thom Yorke collab, though I don't know why people always point to his previous work with Thom, because Ellison just used his voice as another thing to throw in the mix. Nonetheless I'm absolutely stoked.

Flying Lotus Announces Thom Yorke Collaboration, Release Date for New Album | News | Pitchfork

Was just going to put this in RMT, but I love Flying Lotus and would like to see some more discussion. Cosmogramma was amazing, and the EP that followed, Pattern+Grid World, was great too.

He's good friends with Thundercat (they tweet each other all the time, it's pretty cool to read), who also released a great album last year, Golden Age of the Apocalypse.

If anyone knows of any other music going around that's similar post your recommendations!

It will feature another Thom Yorke collab, though I don't know why people always point to his previous work with Thom, because Ellison just used his voice as another thing to throw in the mix.
Doesn't this happen with every project that includes Thom Yorke/someone famous. See his work with Modeselektor.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this. I'm seeing him live in about a month as well.

Doesn't this happen with every project that includes Thom Yorke/someone famous. See his work with Modeselektor.

Anyway, I'm really excited for this. I'm seeing him live in about a month as well.

I'd imagine about 90% of the people who purchased the UNKLE album back in the day did it for Rabbit In Your Headlights.

Speaking of which, that's a great album. What the crap happened to that artist?

Tracklisting:

01 All In
02 Getting There [ft. Niki Randa]
03 Until the Colours Come
04 Heave(n)
05 Tiny Tortures
06 All the Secrets
07 Sultans Request
08 Putty Boy Strut
09 See Thru to U [ft. Erykah Badu]
10 Until the Quiet Comes
11 DMT Song [ft. Thundercat]
12 The Nightcaller
13 Only if You Wanna
14 Electric Candyman [ft. Thom Yorke]
15 Hunger [ft. Niki Randa]
16 Phantasm [ft. Laura Darlington]
17 me Yesterday//Corded
18 Dream to Me

Johnny Greenwood's also on it.

Cover:

1dd7ce18.jpeg

Hype.

Damn, that is pretty nice. It's way over what I'm willing to spend on an LP I haven't heard though. $30 for Shields is about my limit.

There's a regular and a collector's edition. That looks like the latter.

Very different album to its predecessor. I think the album cover is a pretty accurate reflection of the music. And unlike the Miles album that the title reminds me of (In A Silent Way), Until The Quiet Comes isn't a misnomer. Much more chilled and smooth and less glitchy than Cosmogramma. I'll need to listen to it a few times to form a real opinion. I've spent so much time with Cosmogramma over the past two years.

Unfortunately the sides weren't labelled, so I think I listened to it B-A-D-C. My download also won't work, the site says "Available from 2031-08-03 09:26". So that's pretty annoying.

Crazy your LP arrived so early. Good stuff. A lot of times, the download codes don't activate until the street date.

Also, check the run out groove for the matrix number. That'll have which side is which in it.

Yeah, it was a bit odd. The store I frequent just tweeted copies had arrived. The CD version doesn't hit the stores until early October. Thanks for the heads up...

Cool animated video for Putty Boy Strut.

Flying Lotus - Putty Boy Strut (Until The Quiet Comes, new album out October 1st/2nd) - YouTube

And what's a youtube video without a ridiculous top comment.

"Does anyone get a political / sociological meaning from this video? Like, the machine is operating, every one doing their job / filling their roles, then one guy realizes he can actually become more 'functional' by basically devouring those 'beneath him'. Then the metaphor continues with this entity greedily assimilating everything around it, until the point where it effectively leaves the world in ruin behind it. Then just when you think all hope is lost, a revolution fights & hatches new life."

He's playing a show at a fantastic Chicago venue in late October. I want to go, but it's on a Tuesday night, and Wednesdays are extremely long and hectic for me at work. I don't know what to do. #FirstWorldProblems

I'm on the 7th track atm and liking this a lot. It's more mellow than his previous work and that seems to suit me better.

Beautiful video featuring Elijah Wood for Tiny Tortures.

Flying Lotus - Tiny Tortures (taken from new album Until The Quiet Comes) - YouTube

I'd really strongly suggest you guys listen to this before the year's out, those who haven't. I don't like it anywhere near as much as I do Cosmogramma, but I honestly feel like you can't really compare the two, they're so different. If you are looking for a chilled, nighttime album, they don't come much better. HG if you read this I think you'll dig it.

PS He also revealed that he is Captain Murphy. So he can rap, too. Dude's killer.

Back
Top Bottom