Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Axver said:

It seems a lot of prog fans, myself included, are into Muse but I'd never consider them even faintly prog.

Besides Genesis, those are good bands. :up:

Never been into Muse myself outside of a few songs. I think their more prog side comes out in a live setting, which is where they excel.

The kicker is that his favorite U2 song is A Sort Of Homecoming. Plus he dislikes Radiohead. You can't beat that. :up:

LemonMelon said:
Never been into Muse myself outside of a few songs. I think their more prog side comes out in a live setting, which is where they excel.

The kicker is that his favorite U2 song is A Sort Of Homecoming. Plus he dislikes Radiohead. You can't beat that. :up:

Muse fucking own live, but I still don't really think they manifest any serious prog stylings there. Some tendencies perhaps.

Wow, his taste rocks. :up:

Alisaura said:

Yep. Everyone at school just assumed he was my grandfather :shrug:

I'm not surprised, heh. I can't believe that - you and I are about eight years apart in age, and yet your father is older than all four of my grandparents! Though my mother's parents are admittedly quite young. Nan was just about to turn 19 when she had my mother.

Axver said:
I'm not surprised, heh. I can't believe that - you and I are about eight years apart in age, and yet your father is older than all four of my grandparents! Though my mother's parents are admittedly quite young. Nan was just about to turn 19 when she had my mother.
I guess my parents were both kinda late bloomers... mum's obviously a lot younger than dad (by about 20 years), but she was still 33 when I was born. And my brother's another 6 years younger...

Dalton said:

People living on the edge like you should not have bunnies as their avatar. Its like fat guys being called tiny. it pisses off the cosmos.

But he's a evil tempered rodent with a mean streak a mile wide. Just like me

Alisaura said:

I guess my parents were both kinda late bloomers... mum's obviously a lot younger than dad (by about 20 years), but she was still 33 when I was born. And my brother's another 6 years younger...

My mother's parents were the exact opposite. Nan and Grandad had their fourth and last child at age 24 and 26 respectively.

Though I think most insane is my Nan's mother, who had ELEVEN kids.

LemonMelon said:
Dad - 57
Mum - 55

My parents are ollllllldddd.

Yup. My father just turned 52 and my mother's 48.

... hey, you call your mother "Mum"?

In trying to trace my family's history, my paternal grandmother discovered one Irish couple who had TWENTY-FOUR children.

TWENTY-FOUR.

We don't think we're related to that family, but with that many kids, we can't quite be sure!

Axver said:

Yup. My father just turned 52 and my mother's 48.

... hey, you call your mother "Mum"?

I like "mum" more than "mom". Sounds sweeter to me. Father is more proper than dad, but whatever. This is the internet, not a fucking thesis paper. :wink:

LemonMelon said:

I like "mum" more than "mom". Sounds sweeter to me. Father is more proper than dad, but whatever. This is the internet, not a fucking thesis paper. :wink:

:up:

It'll come as no shock I'm sure that I think "mom" sounds horrible. :wink:

When talking to my parents, it's always Mum and Dad. When talking about them, though, I tend to use 'my mother' and 'my father' more often. No idea why. I guess just what I think sounds best in the sentence.

Axver said:

:up:

It'll come as no shock I'm sure that I think "mom" sounds horrible. :wink:

When talking to my parents, it's always Mum and Dad. When talking about them, though, I tend to use 'my mother' and 'my father' more often. No idea why. I guess just what I think sounds best in the sentence.

Mum is also a more logical contraction of mother because they both contain the "muh" sound. I have no clue where Mom came from, but I've never liked that word.

LemonMelon said:

Mum is also a more logical contraction of mother because they both contain the "muh" sound. I have no clue where Mom came from, but I've never liked that word.

This is what I've always argued, and received "but 'mother' and 'mom' both start with M-O!" in response.

Yeah, because both 'father' and 'dad' totally start with F-A ...

Axver said:
In trying to trace my family's history, my paternal grandmother discovered one Irish couple who had TWENTY-FOUR children.

TWENTY-FOUR.

We don't think we're related to that family, but with that many kids, we can't quite be sure!
:ohmy:

:lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom