Fingringhoe, Essex Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mia, PolSci to Chiropractic? That's just a bit of a transition! :laugh:

unico said:
YES YES I know there is a great program in Melbourne. I should've applied there, it's cheaper, :blahblah:
I didn't know that... but now that you mention it, yes you should have! :lol:

So you've gone from manipulating the political system to manipulating vertebrae? :hmm:

Mia: "So Mr President, while I've got you, how about that funding for higher education?"

*CRACK*

Prez: :uhoh:

Axver said:
I can't apathetically ignore it, so I realise just how shit it actually is. So although I genuinely dislike the song, it's only because my attention was drawn to it. It's not that I hate it because of other people worshipping it, but that other people worshipping it meant I gave it enough time of day to formulate an opinion about it beyond apathy.
See, the wonderful thing about genuine apathy is that it doesn't take any effort to apathetically ignore things... :wink:

"One" fan: ZOMG One is leik teh gratist song evarr!!11One!!1

Now, repeat after me...

"Meh."

:wink:

We've just got a recurring dose of the old Howling Wind here at the moment... interspersed with bits of bright sunshine. Go figure!

Alisaura said:

See, the wonderful thing about genuine apathy is that it doesn't take any effort to apathetically ignore things... :wink:

"One" fan: ZOMG One is leik teh gratist song evarr!!11One!!1

Now, repeat after me...

"Meh."

But listing reasons why they're wrong is so much fun. :drool:

Alisaura said:
We've just got a recurring dose of the old Howling Wind here at the moment... interspersed with bits of bright sunshine. Go figure!

:lol: Gotta love Melbourne. We got a short bit of sunlight a little while ago, but otherwise it's been entirely dull in my part of the city.

Axver said:
:lol: Gotta love Melbourne. We got a short bit of sunlight a little while ago, but otherwise it's been entirely dull in my part of the city.
Arr... ooh, sun here for about ten seconds!!

I'm kinda wishing the landlords took that tree out of the front lawn when they said they would (ie, last week)... I don't particularly want it to go, but my car's under it and it'd be just my luck if the bloody thing dropped a branch in all this wind. :uhoh:

LemonMelon said:
Summer '68 has a vote in the PF survivor. We're all doomed. :sad:

I know it or Sorrow won't win, but I'm still hoping one of them does.

Axver said:

I know it or Sorrow won't win, but I'm still hoping one of them does.

Summer '68/Wish You Were Here/Comfortably Numb for me. Anything else would be terrible. Sorry, I just don't get what makes Sorrow so special. :censored:

Alisaura said:

Arr... ooh, sun here for about ten seconds!!

I'm kinda wishing the landlords took that tree out of the front lawn when they said they would (ie, last week)... I don't particularly want it to go, but my car's under it and it'd be just my luck if the bloody thing dropped a branch in all this wind. :uhoh:

Is it just me, or do landlords and tradespeople in this city take for-fucking-ever to do anything? I had windows that weren't fully insulated last winter because things took so fucking long to happen.

LemonMelon said:

Summer '68/Wish You Were Here/Comfortably Numb for me. Anything else would be terrible. Sorry, I just don't get what makes Sorrow so special. :censored:

WYWH or CN is so predictable and boring. I hope Dogs at least beats them. As for Sorrow, the lyrics are fucking amazing. Plus I'm biased; it's the song that got me into PF.

But yeah, Summer '68 for the win.

Axver said:

WYWH or CN is so predictable and boring.

Yeah, you're right about that. But it's better than Shine On or Money winning, IMO. At least this survivor has some semi-obscurities.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, you're right about that. But it's better than Shine On or Money winning, IMO. At least this survivor has some semi-obscurities.

Well, yeah, Money winning would be pretty boring. But I think SOYCD I-V is better than both WYWH or CN.

Axver said:
Is it just me, or do landlords and tradespeople in this city take for-fucking-ever to do anything? I had windows that weren't fully insulated last winter because things took so fucking long to happen.
I dunno... another bunch of tree loppers took a tree out of the back yard when the landlords only wanted them to do a quote, so I guess they can be overzealous sometimes. :huh:

Alisaura said:

I dunno... another bunch of tree loppers took a tree out of the back yard when the landlords only wanted them to do a quote, so I guess they can be overzealous sometimes. :huh:

:lol:

Every single tradesperson I've ever had come to my place has been late. Often days late. Rather infuriating.

My favourite was the guy who went to a similarly named street in the wrong suburb.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom