Finally we have an album: SONGS OF INNOCENCE!! DISCUSSION THREAD ONLY

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other forums I post at and a few things I've seen on Facebook from people not into U2 ate that they're bothered they got the album anyway.

Re: Sleep like a baby. I had no idea Bono still had a falsetto like that in him! Nice.

Sent from my SM-G900T using U2 Interference mobile app

First impression - a very decent effort. There's nothing that I'm absolutely dying to listen to a dozen more times straight away (which was the case with MOS) but nor is there anything I want to immediately erase from my memory (which was the case with SUC). Was it worth waiting nearly 6 years for? Gotta say no. But I'm hoping they've kept some gems for later.

Haven't posted since 2009. Had to say I'm shocked they had this in them. Really really impressed. For me, best since Pop, and I'm not concerned in the least about that being a knee jerk reaction.

I think Invisible would have fit really well on this album, thematically (and musically, since it's a Danger Mouse joint). I'd have put that sucker first instead of Miracle.

I think Invisible will be on the second album, Songs of Experience.

Is there really a second album? I haven't paid much attention to the topic since I assumed it was just another SOA comment that will never see the light of day.

Sent from my iPhone using U2 Interference

I think Invisible would have fit really well on this album, thematically (and musically, since it's a Danger Mouse joint). I'd have put that sucker first instead of Miracle.

You don't think it's too downbeat and atmospheric? I think The Miracle is a more "honest" intro to what follows.

I think Invisible will be on the second album, Songs of Experience.

Since Invisible is about youth, I'm not sure how it would factor into the "Experience" follow-up.

Really belonged on this one.

I had a pretty busy day at work, and since I didn't expect a lot to come from the Apple thing. I figured best case we'd get a release date, and a 30 second clip of a U2 song in a commericial. So I kinda went about my day without giving U2 a thought.

I was in the middle of a meeting when suddenly my friends started blowing up my phone saying they got the new U2 album, etc etc etc. I was pretty much unaware of what was going on, and part of me thought it was still some kind of hoax. Eventually I realized it was true. And after I got home from work, I had to do a bunch of tasks, run the kids around, get dinner, clean the house, etc .

But now the wife and kids are in bed, and finally it's just me and U2. This is what it's all about, folks. One of the best days ever to be a U2 fan.

I'm enjoying Songs of Innocence very much! This album, so far, sounds like what Bono was talking about with his past proclamations of four dudes playing in a room. Post punk style U2! Tight all the way through and not uneven alah HTDAAB or NLOTH.

I still can't get the tracks to download from itunes. Someone posted some tips earlier. Would appreciate a repost. Do you need to have icloud account to get the downloads? I have itunes on PC and the page for the album shows that the tracks are all "purchased" but I can't click to download, nor after repeatedly hitting refresh on the available downloads tab does anything happen.

Any suggestions appreciated!

Well I have listened to it about 4 times now and its really a grower. Its so different to their previous albums. Its just doesn't sound like a typical U2 album. I'm loving it :D

I still can't get the tracks to download from itunes. Someone posted some tips earlier. Would appreciate a repost. Do you need to have icloud account to get the downloads? I have itunes on PC and the page for the album shows that the tracks are all "purchased" but I can't click to download, nor after repeatedly hitting refresh on the available downloads tab does anything happen.

Go back to the iTunes store homepage, and look for the "purchased" button on the right side. It should show up under there, and give you the option to download it.

I'm pretty sure you need icloud to download.

I couldn't find it until I went to the iTunes Store and then the purchased section. For me I had to click on the little cloud button on the corner of the album, then it downloaded into my library.

You don't think it's too downbeat and atmospheric? I think The Miracle is a more "honest" intro to what follows.

I agree. The "pilgrim" line fits in with an opener and the slipping Invisible after that it flows well. I just wish there was a longer version that could be released on the deluxe album.

I had a pretty busy day at work, and since I didn't expect a lot to come from the Apple thing. I figured best case we'd get a release date, and a 30 second clip of a U2 song in a commericial. So I kinda went about my day without giving U2 a thought.

I was in the middle of a meeting when suddenly my friends started blowing up my phone saying they got the new U2 album, etc etc etc. I was pretty much unaware of what was going on, and part of me thought it was still some kind of hoax. Eventually I realized it was true. And after I got home from work, I had to do a bunch of tasks, run the kids around, get dinner, clean the house, etc .

But now the wife and kids are in bed, and finally it's just me and U2. This is what it's all about, folks. One of the best days ever to be a U2 fan.

:up:

Welcome to the madness!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom