Fernando de Noronha Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

I worked, found out a good friend of mine's going through a shitty time (he won't tell me what--my best guess is that his wife might be leaving him, but I've really no clue), and my girlfriend's really stressed cuz she's gonna be graduating from an arts college with a degree in dance coming up soon and doesn't know what she wants to do (as getting well paying jobs in the dance industry are quite unheard of in the US). It adds up quick.

:(

The person I know who is making it in the dance industry is actually in Seattle. but she works another job to pay the bills.

Varitek said:

I know I'm in a minority but I liked the Vertigo Pride. older versions on boots aren't as good.

And yeah, especially as his voice has sounded great lately, a capella Beatles covers aside, it would be amazing if they could break it out.

I think Vertigo's Pride, speaking in an overall tour generalisation, was best. Still not better than the studio version though. The 31 August 1984 and 1987 Old Grey Whistle Test versions are better than the studio version, though.

Varitek said:

:(

The person I know who is making it in the dance industry is actually in Seattle. but she works another job to pay the bills.

Do you know what she does? Like what company she works for, for dance?

Axver said:

I wonder if they just couldn't get their shit together and needed a convenient excuse. That's clearly what happened late on tour when they kept trying to rehearse it to play in Tempe for RAH.

are there recordings of this?

i think if they bothered it could basically be transcendent. like, the way screwtape thinks of sex.

bono_man2002 said:
I'm going to be really pissed off if Win TV show the local news at 6:30 instead of The Cricket :madspit:

Down here, on weekdays during the cricket, they still show A Current Affair instead of the first half hour of the innings. Because, of course, we need our daily sensationalised xenophobic paranoia.

Varitek said:

are there recordings of this?

i think if they bothered it could basically be transcendent. like, the way screwtape thinks of sex.

Unfortunately not. But we know it was soundchecked repeatedly in late November and early December 1987 with the intention of playing it at the gigs on 19 and 20 December.

And :lol:

Axver said:

Down here, on weekdays during the cricket, they still show A Current Affair instead of the first half hour of the innings. Because, of course, we need our daily sensationalised xenophobic paranoia.

I'm hoping cause its a final they decide to forget about the local news and play the cricket. And the same with A Current Affair, which we usually get at 7.

Axver said:

I think Vertigo's Pride, speaking in an overall tour generalisation, was best. Still not better than the studio version though. The 31 August 1984 and 1987 Old Grey Whistle Test versions are better than the studio version, though.

I have both of those. Is the rest of 31 Aug worth getting?

bono_man2002 said:

I'm hoping cause its a final they decide to forget about the local news and play the cricket. And the same with A Current Affair, which we usually get at 7.

Huh, odd. On the Gold Coast, they also have a local news, but it's scheduled at 5:30pm so that ACA can stay at 6:30.

Personally, I think they need to just hurry the fuck up and give ACA the can.

Varitek said:

I have both of those. Is the rest of 31 Aug worth getting?

It's an interesting case of a War Tour set in the UF era, if nothing else. And Bono makes some stupid speech about "let's make some hay", back in the day when he really, really sucked at speeches.

coolian2 said:

I wouldn't be laughing if I were you. I'd be afraid. What if she showed up with knives? What if she said, "This is going to hurt you a lot more than it's going to hurt me"?

the tourist said:

Do you know what she does? Like what company she works for, for dance?

sorry she's the sister of a friend i'm not that in touch with, thought we were facebook friends but can't find her on there. something that's kind of acrobatic as far as i can remember.

coolian2 said:
I'm finally downloading the Hershey soundcheck

Frankly, I think it's overhyped. Especially because Acrobat acoustic is a pretty silly idea when you think about it. It's like "hey, we've got this dark, intense song that should rock the fuck out of whatever city we're in, so let's suck all of those attributes out of it".

Wow, I finally caught up on all the postwhoring.

And now I need to go do the fucking dishes. :mad:

coolian2 said:
I've listened to Acrobat already, some time ago. It was all right, but naturally i'd prefer i full version.

But it might be fun if nothing else

yeah it's fun. also the country the fly is hilarious. there's a few songs where bono fucks around and they're good times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom