Favorite U2 Video

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

powerhour24

ONE love, blood, life
I was replaying some old DVDs and was wondering what everyone's favorite was.

For me it has to be Wim Wenders' "Stay (Faraway, So Close!" which not only tied it to the film of the same name, but closely to Der Himmel Uber Berlin the film it was a follow up of, and Bono hitting the ground with the end of the song was just awesome.

Others I love: Electrical Storm, HMTMKMKM, Vertigo.

My favorite would probably have to be Stay. I think it really captures the same kind of haunting beauty that I love about the song. I also really like Please and Electrical Storm, and I know it's bad, but I think the Discoteque video is so hilarious.

The drag version of One was the first U2 video I ever saw, so that's my sentimental favorite. Lemon and Stay are both brilliant.

Numb is my sentimental favourite.... it's because of this video that I've been a fan for 14 years.... :wink:

The Fly, With or Without You, New Year's Day.....

Zooropa produced an incredible collection of videos. Numb, Stay, and Lemon are all excellent, and I think that Numb remains my favorite of all that they have made.

Stay, One (bar), Streets, Stuck (European), UF, and Pride version 2.

I have a tie:
If God Will Send His Angels - I really love the concept, the color, and that it was all done in one take
Please - I like everything about this video, but the thing that made it most memorable for me was to actually see Bono cry. I don't know if an honest cry like that has happened before in a U2 video, though.
Desire - I tried to come up with a good nonlustful reason for this one...and I couldn't. But it still stands!

Stay(Faraway So Close!) or Beautiful Day. Lemon is close though

1. unforgettable fire
2. if god will send his angels
3. angel of harlem
4. Christmas - baby please come home
6. all I want is you
7. Spanish eyes
8. City of blinding lights
9. when love comes to town

10. not U2: Bono wit Clannad - In a Lifetime (that's such a beautiful eighties video :drool: )

I wish they had put one of these videos as a Bonus on the U218 DVD. Now we have a not so classy song like "Stuck in a ..." four times (also the best of 1990-2000) on DVD.:( - or the One-Videos - also four times....

I love Discotheque. I'll put the 90's DVD on at parties and pretty soon everyone wants to do Edge's sweet little Miami dance. (the little dance right after he takes the spray of binaca)

Even Better Than The Real Thing. Amazing camera work and all the Zoo TV interference really make it.

Back
Top Bottom