Fast Cars or Xanax and Wine?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DoctorMacPhisto

War Child
After listening to both today...I think I almost like Xanax and Wine more...Bono's voice kicks ass in a few parts more than most songs on HTDAAB...although I love Fast Cars..

Which one do you prefer?

Fast Cars easily.

However, I've only heard the 30-second clip of "Xanax and Wine"; I assumed the structure was the same -- that only the arrangement differed -- but BrownEyedBoy says it's not the case.

Edit: Okay, I've listened to it on youtube, and I much prefer "Fast Cars". Edge's guitar on "Xanax" is pretty lame, sounding exactly like the guitar sound for which he's been known since 2000 -- before then, no one could pin down U2 because it was always changing; it needs to get back to that.

Also, the rhythm just doesn't work with the vocals and Bono's way of singing is so much better on "Fast Cars". It's really the bravest track on of the songs released from the HTDAAB sessions, in a way.

I'm gonna put it on my ipod right now -- along with Achtung Baby. Thanks for reminding me of it.

X&W. I can't stand Fast Cars. The Mediterranean guitar sounds forced, and completely improper for this song. But I would really like to hear Edge explore such a sound in the future, on tracks that are "designed" around that sound, eef ya wheel.

I like Fast Cars because it's U2 being experimental with their sound. I don't think it sounds forced at all.

I think I would've liked to have seen them record Xanax just so U2 could've had a track that started with the letter 'X' in order to keep my dream of an alphabetical playlist alive.

I prefer Fast Cars but I'm not actually that big on either song.

Listen to the Pearl Jam song Many Fast Cars instead.

It, ya know, actually rocks.

I'm listening to X&W right now, and Bono's falsetto is amazing in it... :drool:

It sounds like his falsetto singing during the 'happy birthday' song at Nelson Mandela's birthday.

What happens if you combine Xanax and Wine?

You write a song called Fast Cars with a Flamenco rhythm and end up dancing to it with a hat on in front of 50 000 people, basically making a fool of yourself.

Better stay away from this stuff, Bono.

Or no, don't stay away from it, it was quite a fun moment, especially with having to sing so fast you cannot remember the lyrics.

:lol:

What happens if you combine Xanax and Wine?

You write a song called Fast Cars with a Flamenco rhythm and end up dancing to it with a hat on in front of 50 000 people, basically making a fool of yourself.

Better stay away from this stuff, Bono.

Or no, don't stay away from it, it was quite a fun moment, especially with having to sing so fast you cannot remember the lyrics.

:lol:

:up: Xanax and Wine it is for me . . . :love:

Back
Top Bottom