Fan Art V3 - Art being born!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I love his Explorer too... so much that I've got a bit of permanent Explorer art on me... check it out ;)

IMG0274-L.jpg

That is awesome.

Speaking of the greatness that is Mr. Evans, I had done this in celebration of his 50th birthday this year :) And forgot to post it in this thread..

EdgeLowRes-1.jpg

Indian Ink on paper

Oh how I love Edge :) :cute:

EdgeFest - yout tattoo is impressive :D Everyone can see you're a fan from far away ;)

Nicole, I'll keep on repeating, I'm your fan :D

Speaking of the greatness that is Mr. Evans, I had done this in celebration of his 50th birthday this year :) And forgot to post it in this thread..

EdgeLowRes-1.jpg

Indian Ink on paper

Oh how I love Edge :) :cute:

That's some gorgeous ink use. I love brownish ink...it makes such prettiness.

Thanks alot!! :)

[The 'brown' ink is actually black ink when I had accidentally spilled red ink on it and fell in the can......... haha.]

Oh. :giggle: That's an ink coordination fail. It looks awesome though. I wish my mistakes turned out that pretty.

A funny fail yes. It happened quite some time ago, I just didn't bother to go buy a new black ink...

Thanks! :)

Here's some bad sketchiness without reference:

i_get_bored_in_class_by_alois_noette-d49ci5u.png

(Bono and Edge from '88ish...ssh, I know, Edge's face is wrong...I can only really draw his eyes without reference)

and technically 70s!Ali counts as U2 fan art...

ali_by_alois_noette-d49cmxa.png

Here's some bad sketchiness without reference:

i_get_bored_in_class_by_alois_noette-d49ci5u.png

(Bono and Edge from '88ish...ssh, I know, Edge's face is wrong...I can only really draw his eyes without reference)

--------------------------------------->>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

LOVE IT. LOVE IT. LOVE IT. I don't think his face is that wrong - and that's me! The connoisseur of JT/RH Edge!

:up::up::up:

Any and all JT Edge drawings you want to play with I LOVE. How about an AB Edge in honour of the big doc? Bandana Edge!!!!!!!! GRRRR!!!

Ok, to make up for sketchy fail.

1987 Cowboy Bono:

bono_vox__cowboy_by_alois_noette-d49ftmc.png

(something went wrong with his nose or mouth, I don't know what :( still, he's pretty)

pirate_edge_by_alois_noette-d49ftv6.png

Pirate Edge. My favorite cause I spent so effing long on it :crack: from 10pm to 1am...

glare_y_larry_by_alois_noette-d49fu8b.png

Larry F.O.A.D. Mullen and his eyefuckness. :wink: I stayed up till 2 drawing this man.

Ok, to make up for sketchy fail.

1987 Cowboy Bono:

bono_vox__cowboy_by_alois_noette-d49ftmc.png

(something went wrong with his nose or mouth, I don't know what :( still, he's pretty)

pirate_edge_by_alois_noette-d49ftv6.png

Pirate Edge. My favorite cause I spent so effing long on it :crack: from 10pm to 1am...

glare_y_larry_by_alois_noette-d49fu8b.png

Larry F.O.A.D. Mullen and his eyefuckness. :wink: I stayed up till 2 drawing this man.

Ah this makes me wanna pick up the paint and brushes again. I especially like the moody look on Larry's face.

Congrats AnCatKatie! That Larry drawing is very nice :)

And I TOTALLY love the one of Ali in the 70s!! :cute::cute::cute:

I've been wanting to try animation for a while but never got up and actually done something. Until yesterday. And it feels great!

U2 - Mr. MacPhisto Classic Animation [1st Try] - YouTube

This is my first try ever in animation, so please excuse me.

No need to say from which video this is :) I did not spend time caring about drawing his (lovely) face because I wanted to focus more on the movement of his body. I guess it does count as fan art though :)

Animation inspiration from the incredibly brilliant, Mr. Glen Keane.

Frames: 30
Medium: Pencil on paper
Time: 2 hours drawing

DeviantArt link: Mr. MacPhisto Animation - Bono by ~u2fan003 on deviantART

the_fly_bono_by_majkinja-d49j9z5.png

I started with a simple pencil drawing to hopefully get me started. I used to draw almost daily when I was younger but but after attending art class I've been so reluctant to draw again. My DeviantArt profile fills up very slowly I'm afraid. :sad:
Fly Bono, I shall update slowly to Elevation Bono, have to follow the evolution of his looks. Have to learn to draw the others, I can't remember ever drawing Adam and Larry.

I started with a simple pencil drawing to hopefully get me started. I used to draw almost daily when I was younger but but after attending art class I've been so reluctant to draw again. My DeviantArt profile fills up very slowly I'm afraid. :sad:
Fly Bono, I shall update slowly to Elevation Bono, have to follow the evolution of his looks. Have to learn to draw the others, I can't remember ever drawing Adam and Larry.

Good job :up::up:

Congrats AnCatKatie! That Larry drawing is very nice :)

And I TOTALLY love the one of Ali in the 70s!! :cute::cute::cute:

I've been wanting to try animation for a while but never got up and actually done something. Until yesterday. And it feels great!

U2 - Mr. MacPhisto Classic Animation [1st Try] - YouTube

This is my first try ever in animation, so please excuse me.

No need to say from which video this is :) I did not spend time caring about drawing his (lovely) face because I wanted to focus more on the movement of his body. I guess it does count as fan art though :)

Animation inspiration from the incredibly brilliant, Mr. Glen Keane.

Frames: 30
Medium: Pencil on paper
Time: 2 hours drawing

DeviantArt link: Mr. MacPhisto Animation - Bono by ~u2fan003 on deviantART

Great start on the movement, very smooth and recognizable. I wish I could do that, animators have the power to make films without having to rely on actors, sets etc.

:applaud::applaud::applaud:

Thanks a lot guys!! :) :hug::hug::hug:

It was really great fun! Might try some more :) I'd love to try the 'Bono-falling-down-from-the-van' during the Stuck in A Moment video, that video was what made me a fan :) :heart:

And, AGirlLikeTheSea, congrats!! :) Your pencil 'handwriting' is really nice! :)

It was really great fun! Might try some more :) I'd love to try the 'Bono-falling-down-from-the-van' during the Stuck in A Moment video, that video was what made me a fan :) :heart:

Do it! :hyper::hyper::hyper:
I have a great sentiment for this song and video. I remember watching Streets-, ISHFWILF- and Stuck-videos with my face looking like this: :shocked: That was the day when I became a fan :D

:ohmy: everyone is so talented. I love the sketches, AnCatKatie, especially the detail of Bono's freckles. And the paintings are awesome :up:

U2fan003 - the animation is really cool. I'd love to see one for SIAM too! :applaud:

AGirlLikeTheSea - This is great. I've attempted to draw Fly Bono before, but it wasn't half as good/detailed as this.

Also, all this art reminded me of the atU2 Achtoon Baby guide on how to draw the guys, for anyone who hasn't seen: Bono and Edge ("do you like painting different coloured abstract blobs with eyes behind them?" :lol:) and Adam and Larry

:ohmy: everyone is so talented. I love the sketches, AnCatKatie, especially the detail of Bono's freckles. And the paintings are awesome :up:

U2fan003 - the animation is really cool. I'd love to see one for SIAM too! :applaud:

AGirlLikeTheSea - This is great. I've attempted to draw Fly Bono before, but it wasn't half as good/detailed as this.

Also, all this art reminded me of the atU2 Achtoon Baby guide on how to draw the guys, for anyone who hasn't seen: Bono and Edge ("do you like painting different coloured abstract blobs with eyes behind them?" :lol:) and Adam and Larry

The Edge wants to help you draw him, I love how his eyes, eyebrows and beanie has this perfect repeated curve. :love:
I used to draw Bono and The Edge a lot in my teens, I've been trying to find them again. I remember doing a series of drawings only with black shadow-like ink lines. I hope I haven't lost them. :no:

adam_clayton_by_majkinja-d49ktu2.png

I tried to draw Adam. His eyes bother me a bit but I think it's a fair likeness. I'm not really good a drawing from pictures, I usually draw some study drawings until I can remember the face and expressions well enough to to draw by memory.
Age has been good to Adam, his appearance used to freak me out when I was a teen and I called him the ugly one, I had to take that back when I saw him in that strange "driving" video with the Last Shadow Puppets soundtrack. Damn he looks good now :love:

Back
Top Bottom