Facts about Ali time

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Sherry Darling

New Yorker
I thought the "Facts about Anne" thread was cute, and the more I hear about Mrs. Bono, the more I think I like 'er. Any facts you wanna share?

Here are mine.

1. Is really Catholic.
biggrin.gif

2. Went to Africa with Bono to help him fight hunger.
3. Doesn't she have her MA (or the Irish equivalent?) in Politics?
4. Is one of the luckiest women on Earth.

SD

There are a couple of great sites out there devoted entirely to Bono's "better half" - from those wacky gals at Boom Cha:
http://www.geocities.com/Hollywood/Mansion/9416/

and http://members.tripod.com/~trampledindust/ALI/

A couple more things about Ali:

• She has the patience of a flippin' SAINT! I mean...she really does have FIVE kids!
  • Is probably the only woman on earth who can put up with her husband's shit!
    smile.gif
  • Had her fourth child at 40. Wow. What a woman.
  • KNEW what she was getting into before she married Bono - and married him anyway (much to her father in law's chagrin and warnings)
  • Bono loves her madly and would be lost without her. In the BFB there's a section that says that Bono was slightly freaking out because Ali, after coming back from Chernobyl, was so wigged out herself for awhile, that Bono was seriously scared for her (and him). He really does need Ali to be the one in control!
  • She hated the whole publicity thing so much when her Chernobyl documentary came out years ago, that vowed to never do it again. She's leaving that to her husband! (and we're all glad for that)
  • She really is one of my heroes!
    biggrin.gif

Disco

Don't have any plain facts to come up with but as Disco said, she's one of my heroes too. She's a hell of a woman!
biggrin.gif

And, she is one of the most beautiful women I've seen. She has something, something that you can't really describe. So I totally understand what Bono meant when he said that he never wanted to get married but when he met this women that just shook his whole world up he had to marry her. (he said something like that, it was at Lettermans back in 97)
smile.gif

------------------
"U2 on it?s own is a very interesting group and all. But U2 with it?s audience is a culture" - Bono

"Hur er leget? Was it right? Hur ?r l?get?" ~ Bono tries to speak swedish in Stockholm. Hur ?r l?get? means How are you doing? by the way.

I think that all Bono fans must be very happy for him. He found a real SAINT! Alison is so beautiful, sweet, patient...I'd swear she's a wonderful mother and the sweetest wife that can exist on the planet. I really feel Bono near my heart, he teached me to accept life in the right way with his songs, and I wish for him only the best. And I know that Ali IS the best.
I hope they'll stay together for all their life, loving their kids and enjoing all the little things of everyday.

GO GO GO ALI!!!
smile.gif

-------------
*Scarlet*
THE ROYAL KITE OF LANGUAGE FOR L.E.A.T.H.E.R.

I am jealous of Ali...

Even if she wasn't Bono's wife...she's just an incredible person...

------------------
"I don't know you,
But you don't know the half of it..."

Despite being envious of Ali I can't help but like her - and I honestly hope they stay together!

All the work she does for charity is brilliant and she's so patient not to let Bono's flirting get to her. Besides that she's stunning with a fantastic personality!

GO ALI!
biggrin.gif

[This message has been edited by Bonoforever (edited 11-04-2001).]

I admire how she stands by her man, and that their marriage as lasted all these years. With all the things that Bono is involved in it takes a Saint to support him. I would love to meet her as well as Bono!!!!!
smile.gif

Hey, thanks guys! Great lady. It just makes this hopeless romatic all mushy to think he's got something real to go home to. Boy, you take care of her!

Isn't this too funny? Found it on one of the above websites. LOL. (Shhh! Don't tell Bono!)
aliandedge.jpg

SD

She calls Bono "baby"
biggrin.gif

She must be might strong to put up with Bono all the time!
biggrin.gif
He must be quite a handful (NO, not like that. I'm not talkin 7 pounds here. Fish thy mind out of yon gutter!)

------------------
~*Mona*~
WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE YOU DON'T NEED IT NOW
WHAT YOU DON'T KNOW YOU CAN FEEL IT SOMEHOW

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:
Hey, thanks guys! Great lady. It just makes this hopeless romatic all mushy to think he's got something real to go home to. Boy, you take care of her!

Isn't this too funny? Found it on one of the above websites. LOL.

(Edge: Shhh! Don't tell Bono!
Ali: *snicker* Serves him right for those bowling floozier...)
aliandedge.jpg

SD

Originally posted by Sherry Darling:

Isn't this too funny? Found it on one of the above websites. LOL. (Shhh! Don't tell Bono!)
aliandedge.jpg

SD
[/b][/quote]
lol [b]Edge's sandal scandal![/b]

------------------
~*Mona*~

"Your girl leans over and says, 'Daddy, can you turn that radio up any louder?'" ~Bruce~

DREAM OUT LOUD

normally, i would be jealous of any woman who is married to one of my crushes.

but ali is just awesome. she's a great woman and mother. ali rocks my socks.

Originally posted by madonna's child:
ali rocks my socks.
LOL!!!!!!

Bless his (Bono's) little cotton sox.

------------------
~*Mona*~

DREAM OUT LOUD

O yeah!

Another reason to love Ali is

her eyes make Bono sing all kinds o' mushy stuff about Spanish eyes (which I have) MWWWAAAHAAAHAAA

Ali: Making the world a little more Bonolicious for SEG everywhere....

------------------
~*Mona*~

DREAM OUT LOUD

Back
Top Bottom