Eze Clips DISCUSSION thread only II

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The Hendrix reference was in regards to the drumming on his records

I believe the Hendrix drum influence was from a previous interview When Lanois talked about Cedars there was no direct reference to drumming instead he stated that it drew inspiration from Jimi Hendrix.

I wasnt saying that clip #4 IS mercy...i just mean that i have a strange feeling that i like it so much that it would be left off the album LIKE mercy.

I wasnt saying that clip #4 IS mercy...i just mean that i have a strange feeling that i like it so much that it would be left off the album LIKE mercy.

If clip 4 is not on the new record, this album will most likely be shit...I can't imagine a band that says no to clip 4 could possibly put out a good record. :shrug:

Alright so Bono is designing a trashcan...and on the trashcan is a lyric,

"We as people learn of good
the songs are in our eyes
gonna wear them like a crown"

The lyrics were hard to read from the pics, but someone in PLEBA gave it a shot and the result made perfect sense...I tried to read them myself and I agree with these lyrics...and then listened to clip 2 again...and he is clearly singing this at around 38 seconds...so....expect it!

If clip 4 isn't included on the new album they better come up with something even better to justify that or I will be VERY pissed. :waiting:

By the way, in clip 3 the choruses does contain the lyrics "sexy boots" multiple times. It's clearly heard with the slightly better eq'd version of the beach clips. Not sure if that was established yet so I just wanted to point that out.

By the way, in clip 3 the choruses does contain the lyrics "sexy boots" multiple times. It's clearly heard with the slightly better eq'd version of the beach clips. Not sure if that was established yet so I just wanted to point that out.

I can hear "sexy boots" even w/o an equalizer. :)

I can hear "sexy boots" even w/o an equalizer. :)

ah well, I was/am hoping those lyrics don't make it onto the album. I have pretty high tolerance but I'm not into those lyrics. The other three clips sound solid though. (never really listened to the 5th clip carefully.)

I wouldn't mind it if it pertains to a metaphor about being knocked out or shaken, as in seeing stars. Less cheese there.

I'm starting to think that this leak was intentional and these songs will indeed be on the new album. I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned it before, but almost every U2.com video had something to do with these clips. The green tea clip was "Get on Your Boots", the edge back had the chord sequence from clip 4, the Adam fans clip was the outro to breathe, I believe one of the larry clips ( can't remember which one:reject:) was the drum beat to "Get on Your Boots", and someone said that the larry stuff clip was from clip 5 (haven't listened to that one yet). Throw in the clip 1 chorus from the Here is What is movie...:hmm:

ah well, I was/am hoping those lyrics don't make it onto the album. I have pretty high tolerance but I'm not into those lyrics. The other three clips sound solid though. (never really listened to the 5th clip carefully.)

imo sounds a bit too cheeky and perhaps cheesy, i'd prefer get on your boots anyday over sexy boots.

I did some research on YouTube after reading Edge's quote on "Get On Your Boots" sounding like "Eddie Cochran with barbershop harmonies" and this is what I found.
Not exactly a striking similarity and I haven't listened to the beach clips that much but I at least think the vocals in the verses sounds a bit similar.
The distinct rapid phrasing for instance.

YouTube - Eddie Cochran - Doing the Hully-Gully

And these drums could sound a bit alike as well, not sure.
YouTube - Eddie Cochran - Don't bye bye baby me

Thoughts? (other than the fact that I have too much free time on my hands?)

I also think the prechorus bit sounds inspired by Muse with those harmonies - I think it's been pointed out already though.

where can we request the clips? I followed the request links but both threads appear to be closed. I know i am late to the game but would really like to hear some of the new stuff???:(

I did some research on YouTube after reading Edge's quote on "Get On Your Boots" sounding like "Eddie Cochran with barbershop harmonies" and this is what I found.
Not exactly a striking similarity and I haven't listened to the beach clips that much but I at least think the vocals in the verses sounds a bit similar.
The distinct rapid phrasing for instance.

YouTube - Eddie Cochran - Doing the Hully-Gully

And these drums could sound a bit alike as well, not sure.
YouTube - Eddie Cochran - Don't bye bye baby me

Thoughts? (other than the fact that I have too much free time on my hands?)

I also think the prechorus bit sounds inspired by Muse with those harmonies - I think it's been pointed out already though.

Hey thanks for the samples! I've been wondering what Cochran sounded like...and I have to say that I really like the vibe running through the song. I can understand how a band like U2 could take a sound like that and incorporate it into newer music. I'm actually getting excited to hear this "Boots" song. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical after hearing some of the earlier descriptions.

Hey thanks for the samples! I've been wondering what Cochran sounded like...and I have to say that I really like the vibe running through the song. I can understand how a band like U2 could take a sound like that and incorporate it into newer music. I'm actually getting excited to hear this "Boots" song. I have to admit that I was a bit skeptical after hearing some of the earlier descriptions.

Listen to clip 3 from ben's beach clips and you've got it.

Listen to clip 3 from ben's beach clips and you've got it.

Ah yes, but that would be like pulling a pepperoni off of the pizza before its done cooking....or something like that. :huh:

Why listen to a clip with poor sound that will undoubtedly ruin my expectations for the final version? I learned my lesson with the leaked clips from HTDAAB. They totally ruined the experience for me when the album initially came out. I won't make that mistake again.

I'm holding out until the whole thing either gets leaked online or the album comes out. I'm not messing with beach clips again.

oh i can't take it any longer! i'm cracking! where can i find these clips? anybody? please? xxx :D

edit: e mail would be helpful i guess - fr_connection at hotmail.com

Back
Top Bottom