eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Just looking at costs of flights to Dublin and Belfast from Birmingham England, around end of October November time. They seem really expensive ,£270 for 2 people where as in June there £70 for 2 people.

Does anybody know if this is because it's to far infront and the prices haven't been announced yet ?

Just looking at costs of flights to Dublin and Belfast from Birmingham England, around end of October November time. They seem really expensive ,£270 for 2 people where as in June there £70 for 2 people.

Does anybody know if this is because it's to far infront and the prices haven't been announced yet ?

If flights are that expensive, it's because you're searching for something that might not exist. Dublin to BHX or EMA (Nottingham/Leicester/Derby, accessible should be fully serviced by Ryanair on a routine daily schedule. Belfast City to EMA is serviced by flybe. I've never paid over £60 for either of those routes.

https://www.atu2.com/news/u2-to-announce-experience--innocence-irish-dates-on-irelands-today-fm.html

Irish dates coming tomorrow

Wonder if the pre sale for the Irish dates is gonna be Tuesday the same as the others

Hopefully not this week , but I suspect it will be a rush job as usual with the Irish dates.

The last weekend in October is a bank holiday weekend in Ireland .
Hotels in Dublin are the pits though ,as soon as they get wind of an event they will jack the prices up sky high.

If flights are that expensive, it's because you're searching for something that might not exist. Dublin to BHX or EMA (Nottingham/Leicester/Derby, accessible should be fully serviced by Ryanair on a routine daily schedule. Belfast City to EMA is serviced by flybe. I've never paid over £60 for either of those routes.

Yeah I think your right , I was on skyscanner. Looked on the airline websites and they don't go that far forward yet

Is there a pre sale for people who pre ordered the album ? Or was that just for the first dates ?

Its the Hotel you need too book as soon as them dates drop Dublins expensive anyway but they go up waaaaay quicker than any flight company does.
Brs too Dub
Bhx too Dub
Ltn too Dub
Lhr too Dub

would be my go to Airports all very good prices too fly over too Dub its just a cheap route tbh. Im not going Dub i only need too do CPark which im sure they will play again as its home turf.

Is there a pre sale for people who pre ordered the album ? Or was that just for the first dates ?

Yes its looking that way as Copenhagen start there gen sales tomorrow & the codes good for them i believe & from what ive seen good for Dub as well.

Its the Hotel you need too book as soon as them dates drop Dublins expensive anyway but they go up waaaaay quicker than any flight company does.
Brs too Dub
Bhx too Dub
Ltn too Dub
Lhr too Dub

would be my go to Airports all very good prices too fly over too Dub its just a cheap route tbh. Im not going Dub i only need too do CPark which im sure they will play again as its home turf.

I'm not very in touch with what dates are where for the tour, but if it's Birmingham > Dublin... definitely do not fly from LHR. And for christs maddening sake you're better off taking a boat than flying from Bristol. From Brum you want BHX, EMA, or maybe LTN.

Not sure if that is really anything to go by but seems like alot of people in the US has been antagonized lately by U2's stance against Trump.

If you read peoples comments on here. https://www.facebook.com/u2/photos/a.55092266685.69297.5678046685/10156387853216686/?type=3&theater

https://www.facebook.com/u2/photos/a.55092266685.69297.5678046685/10156387591941686/?type=3&theater
Nothing like a performance to support brown people to bring out the deplorables.

This is commonplace for anyone who takes a stance against the policies of the Douchebag In Chief these days and is not an accurate reflection of how the majority actually feel.

Royal Arena in Copenhagen already sold out? When searching the whole venue for Best Available nothing is available.

Also saw something about U2 and Dublin events created by U2's page on Facebook Nov 5th - 6th. Anyway threw out a hotel booking in Dublin thats free to reschedule or cancel until 3rd of november. Ya dont pay anything until the date as well. €178 for 2 nights fairly close to 3arena nov 5 - 7th.

Ryanair doesnt seem to fly from Sweden at all to Dublin so we'll see how plane ticket will fare. If nothing else i will just cancel the hotel booking and hope i will get 2 gigs in copenhagen instead.

Yeah a 2nd show for Copenhagen was added for 30th september.

http://www.u2.com/news/title/dublin-belfast-u2-coming-through

Last edited:
Belfast Saturday 27th of October then. I'm guessing the Sunday will be added aswell

With Belfast being the 27th it means London will only have 2 shows then

Dublin the 5th and 6th November

Leaves a week gap between Belfast and Dublin. Maybe the two other dates in Dublin will be before the 2 announced and the 6th of November will be the last date

GA tickets for Royal Arena is going for €250 on Viagogo. :doh: And are getting sold for that price... Well actually €340 with the Viagogo "handling fee" that they only show until you are about to pay.

Last edited:
Belfast Saturday 27th of October then. I'm guessing the Sunday will be added aswell

With Belfast being the 27th it means London will only have 2 shows then

Dublin the 5th and 6th November

Leaves a week gap between Belfast and Dublin. Maybe the two other dates in Dublin will be before the 2 announced and the 6th of November will be the last date

Not possible as someone else is playing there up till 4th. They`re pushing it to get the stage loaded in in less than 18 hours! I thought they may add somewhere else between Belfast and Dublin. Maybe Glasgow? Again depends on how many sets of the stage they have -would mean crossing back and forth across the Irish sea!

eXPERIENCE + iNNOCENCE Tour 2018 - Rumors & General Discussion

Not possible as someone else is playing there up till 4th. They`re pushing it to get the stage loaded in in less than 18 hours! I thought they may add somewhere else between Belfast and Dublin. Maybe Glasgow? Again depends on how many sets of the stage they have -would mean crossing back and forth across the Irish sea!

Is it booked before the 4th ? Maybe the other two will be 1st and 2nd of November or 2nd/3rd ?

Knew Copenhagen would get a 2nd show its 1 thr smallest Arenas on the run 16,000 cap they prop did that innthe pre sales...!!! Lols

Whats that Royal arena like well connected with Transpprt links etc? @ 16,000 cap it will be hard too get a bad seat im thinking

Try CPH too LTN with R.Air.

My m8s have had there tixs in post today was expecting a nice paper tix BUT its just a plain bit of paper with details etc on so if your ordering tixs just click E tickets cos its like same thing & save postage fees

Last edited:
I think Amsterdam may even get a 3rd show there is room & they love it there also room for another Paris show

Last edited:
Booked 2 nights in Malmö since much cheaper than Copenhagen and it's like 20-30 mins by train from Malmö station to Orestad where the arena is.

3rd and final show at Madison Square Garden on July 1st.
You can draw an obvious conclusion here that won't surprise too many folks, but I think it's safe to say that with them adding another NY show on this leg, there won't be a second US leg for this tour later in the year.

Complain all you want about overplaying the US and overpricing tickets (legit complaints for sure), but without a doubt the biggest problem was that when folks logged on to ticketmaster to buy tickets, they got a message saying they couldn't unless they had pre-registered the prior weekend. Effing insane. Not letting people buy tickets is the surest way to not sell tickets.

I think Amsterdam may even get a 3rd show there is room
Check the dates again, I don't see any room for another Amsterdam show.

The only obvious gap on the Euro schedule (other than the presumed 4th Paris and Milan dates) seems to be between Madrid and Copenhagen. (And I guess between Belfast and Dublin too.)

Would they go back to London between the Irish shows (if the arena is even available)? Or after Dublin?

Or perhaps they could just stop here, and have a second European leg next spring after the presumed Australia/ROW shows.

Complain all you want about overplaying the US and overpricing tickets (legit complaints for sure), but without a doubt the biggest problem was that when folks logged on to ticketmaster to buy tickets, they got a message saying they couldn't unless they had pre-registered the prior weekend. Effing insane. Not letting people buy tickets is the surest way to not sell tickets.

This. I know people who had that exact experience. Casual fans who were only vaguely aware of the fanclub website, and certainly have never heard of Interference. I suspect they still don't have tickets, despite the fact that those shows are all "open to the public" now, simply because they lost interest when U2/TM/LN wouldn't take their money the first time around.

I understand most these EU shows are literally sold out BUT there is always a few kept back & also peoples cards may get cancelled over buying tixs etc so do keep a check as the months go on.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom