End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tourist said:

I've never heard of them. But when I can't stand a singer's voice, it generally ruins things for me.

so true. I agree with elmel about Neutral Milk Hotel, I didn't like the dude's voice so much I deleted the album.

I wish Owen were instrumental. His voice is nonassuming enough for me that I don't mind it that much, but it's a small minus. I'm happy with my playlist now that I've switched Owen out for Vampire Weekend. Especially because VW has no place on the DI playlist I'm working on (though I won't debut it til next fall as I'm missing the summer :sad: ) and Owen/American Football will fit.

the tourist said:

What I've heard of Neutral Milk Hotel I haven't liked.

Oh, and I just got off the phone with my girlfriend. I now hate Cinco de Mayo. Some mexican dude tried to pull her into his truck on her way home from a bar tonight (sadly her idiot friends live the opposite direction and didn't walk her home first :mad: ). Thankfully she got away from him, though he then proceeded to follow her all the way back to her condo.

:yikes:

this is why I get pissed when men say, "oh women don't have it harder than men." men usually don't get physically threatened by harassment. sometimes, but not nearly as often. as a woman you always have to be on alert when alone in a dodgy neighborhood or at night.

I blame her friends for not walking her home. Thankfully, she had her phone and had 911 punched in. She was just waiting to hit send.

Fun fact:

I don't care much for Vampire Weekend at all. The hooks are pretty good, but the lyrics are so bad. There was this one line about chapstick that almost made me lose my shit. Sadly, I'd probably like them more if it weren't for the circus surrounding them.

Varitek said:

:yikes:

this is why I get pissed when men say, "oh women don't have it harder than men." men usually don't get physically threatened by harassment. sometimes, but not nearly as often. as a woman you always have to be on alert when alone in a dodgy neighborhood or at night.

This is all true, sadly.

LemonMelon said:
Fun fact:

I don't care much for Vampire Weekend at all. The hooks are pretty good, but the lyrics are so bad. There was this one line about chapstick that almost made me lose my shit. Sadly, I'd probably like them more if it weren't for the circus surrounding them.

I've yet to hear them. My girlfriend's best friend likes them. :shrug: She (the best friend) likes more indie than anyone I know in real life.

LemonMelon said:

This is all true, sadly.

I've had someone light a ground-bloom-flower from their vehicle and throw it at me while I was walking at night.

Either/Or was so good. I fully encourage Vazza to check that album out. On XO now, and a bit disappointed. I thought it would be more filled out than it is. Could change, I suppose.

the tourist said:
I blame her friends for not walking her home. Thankfully, she had her phone and had 911 punched in. She was just waiting to hit send.

I don't know the situation, but I might not have waited, I might have called and started talking to an operator to scare him off. A friend of mine once didn't have her phone, only her ID, and it was dark and she feigned making a phone call on her ID card.

8.jpg

Having something like that fucking flying at your face is fucking freaky shit.

the tourist said:

I've had someone light a ground-bloom-flower from their vehicle and throw it at me while I was walking at night.

I have no idea what to say to that. Glad you're OK! :yikes: :lol:

Might I add that is one of the worst firecracker names I've ever heard.

LemonMelon said:
Either/Or was so good. I fully encourage Vazza to check that album out. On XO now, and a bit disappointed. I thought it would be more filled out than it is. Could change, I suppose.

Did you listen for the tracks I pointed out on Either/Or?

the tourist said:

Did you listen for the tracks I pointed out on Either/Or?

Yeah, those were probably the best. I need a second listen to have the song titles stick in my head. I'm definitely burning that one to a disc.

LemonMelon said:
Fun fact:

I agree about the lyrics - I like the overall sound, and some of the lyrics are solid but some need a little work and others are downright nonsensical. They're not going to be on any all time greats list but I think they're a lot of fun to listen to, I'd love to see them live.

Some of the lyrics not on the self-titled debut are better -
http://www.justsomelyrics.com/69598/Vampire-Weekend-Exit-Music-(For-a-Film)-Lyrics
for example see above, no idea when/how it was released but I've got it and it's a different sounda nd better lyrics. Also Boston (Ladies of Cambridge) has better lyrics, except for when he's mumbling and I can't make it out. On the album, Out of Cape Cod and M79 decent lyrics too.

LemonMelon said:

I have no idea what to say to that. Glad you're OK! :yikes: :lol:

Might I add that is one of the worst firecracker names I've ever heard.

They're lucky. I'll tell you that. They were pretty much stopped (the road is deserted) and rolled down their window like they were gonna ask for directions. Then the thing comes flying at me. And they didn't even take off! They just sat there for a minute pointing and laughing. If I'd remembered I had my box knife on me, I would've opened it up and thrown it in their fucking window.

LemonMelon said:

Yeah, those were probably the best. I need a second listen to have the song titles stick in my head. I'm definitely burning that one to a disc.

:up: Mind you, I've only listened to that album twice.

Varitek said:

I agree about the lyrics - I like the overall sound, and some of the lyrics are solid but some need a little work and others are downright nonsensical. They're not going to be on any all time greats list but I think they're a lot of fun to listen to, I'd love to see them live.

Some of the lyrics not on the self-titled debut are better -
http://www.justsomelyrics.com/69598/Vampire-Weekend-Exit-Music-(For-a-Film)-Lyrics
for example see above, no idea when/how it was released but I've got it and it's a different sounda nd better lyrics. Also Boston (Ladies of Cambridge) has better lyrics, except for when he's mumbling and I can't make it out. On the album, Out of Cape Cod and M79 decent lyrics too.

Ummmm, Exit Music is a Radiohead song.

the tourist said:

:up: Mind you, I've only listened to that album twice.

If it's a grower like I think it is, that and XO will soon become favorites of mine and you may be subjected to them on a future DI list. :happy:

LemonMelon said:

If it's a grower like I think it is, that and XO will soon become favorites of mine and you may become subjected to them on a future DI list. :happy:

Fucking hell.

I'll have to find some 12 minute long official like release of Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" to counter that.

LemonMelon said:

Hahahaha that's a Radiohead cover. :lol:

:reject:

:laugh:

I still like Boston, Out of Cape Cod, and M79. And if I didn't hate the name Bryn that might not be that bad either. In fact Bryn has good lyrics except for the fucking name.

the tourist said:
I'll have to find some 12 minute long official like release of Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead or Alive" to counter that.

What kind of can of worms have I opened????!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom