End of Earth, Michigan Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
coolian2 said:

st2-khan.gif

one more thing about the cd exchange - on top of international postage and cd costs, which i can see why people would think $20 isn't much even if it's lotsa groceries or booze for us, post office boxes are hella expensive!!!!!!!! wtf

Varitek said:
one more thing about the cd exchange - on top of international postage and cd costs, which i can see why people would think $20 isn't much even if it's lotsa groceries or booze for us, post office boxes are hella expensive!!!!!!!! wtf

Some people are quietly looking down their college educated, good-job noses and basically telling us, "Participate when you're as financially secure as I am." With a little wink, nudge, and apology.

the tourist said:

Some people are quietly looking down their college educated, good-job noses and basically telling us, "Participate when you're as financially secure as I am." With a little wink, nudge, and apology.

i don't see why anyone would want to go through the hassle of a po box when there's uploads and downloads, but i guess that's the generation divide.

OK so...Elliot Smith. The indie kids love him. Giving one of his albums a go. I love Nick Drake, and I hear he was an influence.

LemonMelon said:
OK so...Elliot Smith. The indie kids love him. Giving one of his albums a go. I love Nick Drake, and I hear he was an influence.

hmmm i love nick drake too, i'll have to search for this guy

Varitek said:

hmmm i love nick drake too, i'll have to search for this guy

Two songs in (I'm listening to Either/Or, his breakthrough record), and Smith clearly has a good ear for melody. I remember hating his voice, but it's pretty good. Palatable anyway. I'm enjoying this album so far, and it's only like 36 minutes long.

LemonMelon said:

Two songs in (I'm listening to Either/Or, his breakthrough record), and Smith clearly has a good ear for melody. I remember hating his voice, but it's pretty good. Palatable anyway. I'm enjoying this album so far, and it's only like 36 minutes long.

That's his best.

i'm fetching a few albums but i'm gonna finish off my upload disc (just clocks in at 83:55, and tourist, i took off owen) and write a notes document about it and upload it before getting to work

LemonMelon said:

So I hear. I'll also give XO a go. I have a free hour and a half before bed.

Either/Or is the only one I have. I heard a few and it was the best. I really like the second half. Pictures of Me and Angeles are the two track names I remember standing!

Varitek said:
i'm fetching a few albums but i'm gonna finish off my upload disc (just clocks in at 83:55, and tourist, i took off owen) and write a notes document about it and upload it before getting to work

I'm glad you went over. :up:

I put together a raw playlist for my exchange entry. I'm pretty pleased with it and won't make any major changes. It's 18 songs, about 78 minutes.

LemonMelon said:
I put together a raw playlist for my exchange entry. I'm pretty pleased with it and won't make any major changes.

What artists did you use?

Another artist I've been trying to get into is The Mountain Goats. I know they have a new album out. Unfortunately, I cannot stand the singer's voice. At all. And it's sad because he's a great lyricist.

LemonMelon said:
Another artist I've been trying to get into is The Mountain Goats. I know they have a new album out. Unfortunately, I cannot stand the singer's voice. At all. And it's sad because he's a great lyricist.

I've never heard of them. But when I can't stand a singer's voice, it generally ruins things for me.

the tourist said:

I've never heard of them. But when I can't stand a singer's voice, it generally ruins things for me.

Just the usual indie folk stuff. I have a similar problem with Neutral Milk Hotel, but at least I like a few of their songs.

LemonMelon said:

Just the usual indie folk stuff. I have a similar problem with Neutral Milk Hotel, but at least I like a few of their songs.

What I've heard of Neutral Milk Hotel I haven't liked.

Oh, and I just got off the phone with my girlfriend. I now hate Cinco de Mayo. Some mexican dude tried to pull her into his truck on her way home from a bar tonight (sadly her idiot friends live the opposite direction and didn't walk her home first :mad: ). Thankfully she got away from him, though he then proceeded to follow her all the way back to her condo.

the tourist said:

Oh, and I just got off the phone with my girlfriend. I now hate Cinco de Mayo. Some mexican dude tried to pull her into his truck on her way home from a bar tonight (sadly her idiot friends live the opposite direction and didn't walk her home first :mad: ). Thankfully she got away from him, though he then proceeded to follow her all the way back to her condo.

Sick bastards. Keep in mind he was probably drunk out of his mind though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom