Eleven, twelve, thirteen, fourteen.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I hear unos dos tres catorce as well.
I think he means 1, 2, 3, 14.

11, 12, 13, 14? A hint to three more albums? ;)

I can't believe this embarrassing mishearing got revived.

Send it back to thread oblivion, please.

Puff... From u2.com:

w w w.fanfire.com/cgi-bin/WebObjects/fanfire.woa/wa/product?sku=U2T35420

"unos" could never be "once" (not even in catalan..).

EDIT: Whatever he says; It rocks! (Or raawwks, as some ppl here would call it) :hyper:

Last edited:
Bono says "Unos, dos, tres catorce". I'm spanish and I know what I'm talking about.

"Unos" means "some", an example is....Unos coches (Some cars).

I think Bono didn't know how to say One (Uno) and said Unos. If you notice in the live performance of "Vertigo" Bono has corrected his mistake and now he says a clearly UNO, DOS, TRES, CATORCE! :wink:

www.todoU2.tk

I read something interesting about the intro to "Vertigo" recently on a review of the album on relevantmagazine.com A poster suggested that "unos" means "about" in Latin. Bono clearly doesn't say uno there. Then dos in this instance referes to the second book of the Bible, Exodus. Then you have 3 and 14 rounding out the rest of the countdown, refering to the third chapter, verse 14. Exodus 3:14 says "God said to Moses, "I am who I am." I think some versions say "I am the great I am."
A clue that this could be what it's really about is Bono writes something like "Moses said to the burning bush...I am the great I AM," in with the lyrics of "All Because of You."
Which, I know is obviously a different song than "Vertigo," but "All Becuase of You" is about God anyway, and it includes Bono's lyric "All because of you, I am."

This may not be the real reason for the "Vertigo" intro, but it's the best I've heard so far other than it just being Bono being Bono.

Interesting, coemgen....very interesting.

It is getting old that people are still wondering if he said 'unos' when it is clearly printed on the band's merchandise. :eyebrow:

-Miggy D

If you listen to any of the live versions its clear that he says
"UN - OS".

I thought it was "UNS" first but on subsequent re-listens after hearing live versions, it's definately "UN - OS" (a.k.a. one) :)

pepokiss said:
I SPEAK SPANISH... it's 1, definitely

sure, if you have the image in your head, and by the way he says it (and with the breathing or whatever sounds), it could sound as an ONCE... but NO

it's UNOsss... DOSss... TRESsss.. CATORCE

listen to the live at RADIO 1

Pepokiss, is the last number (catorce) definately 14?

shootme.gif

God, I never knew something that simple could cause so much debate... here is the real and only explanation:

"UNOS" is actually a 4-word acronym. In "U.N." he is referring to the United Nations and how much he hates Kofi Annan. In "O.S." he is talking about the "Original Soundtrack" to the Million Dollar Hotel that U2 wrote. Therefore "UNOS" means "The United Nations is like a Million Dollar Hotel" (because people make a lot of money and do not do much).

"DOS" is a reference to MS-DOS, the original computer system that Bill Gates created at Microsoft. This, for sure, expresses Bono's hate for capitalism and Microsoft's monopoly in computer systems... I am sure that he won't allow U2.com to open properly in Internet Explorer.

"TRES" is, yet again, another 4-word acronym. In "T.R." he is referencing the first two letters of "TRL", the MTV show hosted by Carson Daly. I am sure he is using this to appeal the young music masses that now seem to be lost in the lands of Ja Rule, Britney Spears and Jay-Z. "E.S.", on another note, stands for "El Salvador" and this is Bono's tribute to the country's transformation since the communist revolution in the eighties...

I am surprised that no one else figured this out... it's crystal clear to me. Bono can't help himself out.

;)

:lol:

I can see it now, fans meeting Bono after concerts/in studio for years to come, asking: "what does the counting in Vertigo mean?" This could rival the mystery of All I want is you video!

:wave: Hey Pablo, nice to see you again

U2@NYC said:
God, I never knew something that simple could cause so much debate... here is the real and only explanation:

"UNOS" is actually a 4-word acronym. In "U.N." he is referring to the United Nations and how much he hates Kofi Annan. In "O.S." he is talking about the "Original Soundtrack" to the Million Dollar Hotel that U2 wrote. Therefore "UNOS" means "The United Nations is like a Million Dollar Hotel" (because people make a lot of money and do not do much).

"DOS" is a reference to MS-DOS, the original computer system that Bill Gates created at Microsoft. This, for sure, expresses Bono's hate for capitalism and Microsoft's monopoly in computer systems... I am sure that he won't allow U2.com to open properly in Internet Explorer.

"TRES" is, yet again, another 4-word acronym. In "T.R." he is referencing the first two letters of "TRL", the MTV show hosted by Carson Daly. I am sure he is using this to appeal the young music masses that now seem to be lost in the lands of Ja Rule, Britney Spears and Jay-Z. "E.S.", on another note, stands for "El Salvador" and this is Bono's tribute to the country's transformation since the communist revolution in the eighties...

I am surprised that no one else figured this out... it's crystal clear to me. Bono can't help himself out.

;)
:laugh: :laugh:

Can we let it lie now?! Lets just go with..Whatever he said!!!!

Tip Top Prince said:

Makes you wonder how much of your other "certainties" are also BS.

Fuck off. Don't ever reply to anything I say ever again. All you do is talk down to me. Just fuck off you arrogant twat.

(There, you got a rise out of me. Happy now?)

Back
Top Bottom