elevation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

peterpilgrim

The Fly
what different pedals the edge uses for elevation?
it has 4 patches.
rab pedal
main riff
verse
tremolo, clean

what does the edge use for main riff and verse?
thanks.

ELEVATION

INTRO: Kay/Rab Fuzz
MAIN RIFF: In the studio, it was a HiWatt amp. Live could be the POD and combination of Fender amps.
VERSE: Kay/Rab Fuzz left stationary.
BRIDGE: Tremolo. Delay.

Electrix Filter Factory was on the album version and in the rig during the 'Elevation' tour. (2001). It seems that the various guitar and vocals were ran through the Filter Factory on the studio and various remixes.

what different pedals the edge uses for elevation?
it has 4 patches.
rab pedal
main riff
verse
tremolo, clean

what does the edge use for main riff and verse?
thanks.

If I am missing a day or so, it is usually just busy weekend and such. No worries.

Hope that the information provided helps a bit with "Elevation". Here's a bit more...

This (below) from the January 2001 Guitar Player magazine article.

GP: "Elevation" has some amazing distortion tones.

Edge: I used a Gibson SG through an old fuzz pedal of Daniel's into the Bassman. He said, "What do you think of this?" Within ten minutes, I had the riff that became the stepping off point for "Elevation". Inspiration can come from anywhere, and a fresh sound can be just as inspiring as a great hook. To me, sounds *are* hooks. That tone presented a whole world of ideas to me, and we got a song
out of it.

GP: What is that huge distortion sound that barges in during the main riff?

Edge: That's the Hiwatt.

GP: What were your main fuzzboxes?

Edge: The Ampeg, a Tube Screamer for a good general distortion without being too in-your-face, and an old Manny's Fuzz--which is really extreme. I also used this really obscure Japanese pedal called the Sobbat for the heavy sections of "New York." That pedal is so extreme. You step on it and all hell breaks loose. On "When I Look
at the World", I'm using an Electro-Harmonix Micro Synthesizer for that mad distorted tone.

GP: What's the massive wah-wah at the end of "Elevation"?

Edge: That's us filtering the tone after the fact with an Electrix Filter Factory. A wah pedal is great for certain sounds, but many times dedicated filters--DJ-type boxes--have a little more to them.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom