Elbow - Leaders of the Free World...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They're opening for Coldplay on the following dates:

07-25 East Troy, WI - Alpine Valley Music Theatre !%
07-29 Toronto, Ontario - TBD !%
08-03 Mansfield, MA - Comcast Center !%
08-06 Raleigh, NC - Time Warner Cable Music Pavilion !%
08-07 Charlotte, NC - Charlotte Verizon Wireless Amphitheatre !%
08-09 Tampa, FL - Ford Amphitheatre !%

Coldplay Reveal North American Summer Tour | Pitchfork

I still need to listen to their version of RTSS.

Oh, the unbearable slowness of being. :cute:

I just want to say that these guys are climbing up my all time fav's list like King Kong on roids.

Each time I listen to One Day Like This they climb one position.... :wink: :love:

I saw dates, and Mansfield MA, and got so excited. Then I saw that they were opening for Coldplay :( . To be fair, I've always kind of wanted to see CP, but they just don't seem to be that interesting live, and the charge to much, but I really want to see Elbow do their own show... if they're opening for anyone it should be U2. I would probably die seeing the two of them at one show though, just like I would have died at Honolulu because PJ was there.

Oh, and I've been listing to their cover of RTSS this week, its amazing.

I played Elbow for a coworker yesterday and she fucking loved them. Another convert, courtesy of NSW. And to think, I've liked them since the beginning. I'm so proud. :)

If they opened for U2, I would also die. Though, I did survive Honolulu....Doves or Elbow would be sweet.

Coming to this site made me realize how many people out there have U2 and PJ among their favorites, given the types I've seen at concerts I wouldn't have thought there'd be so much crossover. Casual music listeners sure, but each band seems to have adamant fanbases that are very different from each other. I like it though.

And Elbow is one of my favorite artists because of Interference. Same with The National.

I'm still crossing my fingers that they'll open for U2 in the States. If they're already doing it for Coldplay, I wonder if that decreases the chances....

Noooooooooo, I knooooooowwwww I won't forget you
But I'll forget myseeeeeeelllllllf, if the city will forgive me

I'll say this again:

Seeing them last year, in a tiny but classy venue in Chicago was easily one of the best and most magical concert experiences of my life.

Seeing them last year, in a tiny but classy venue in Chicago was easily one of the best and most magical concert experiences of my life.

:up:

I was extremely happy to finally get a chance to see them last year as well. I may have to travel for Doves, as I think that would be even a bigger deal.

I'm always happy to see this thread bounce back up, whenever its not on the first couple pages I'm tempted to bring it back up even without any news.

:up:

I was extremely happy to finally get a chance to see them last year as well. I may have to travel for Doves, as I think that would be even a bigger deal.

Much as I love Elbow, my love for Doves is slightly stronger. I have seen Doves in concert just the once, so, cannot wait to see them this May.

Much as I love Elbow, my love for Doves is slightly stronger. I have seen Doves in concert just the once, so, cannot wait to see them this May.

If Chicago was closer, I'd be tempted to come out there so I'd have someone else to freak out with.

Actually, a couple of my friends (Audiophile/NakuNaru is one of them) really love Doves as well. They may be willing to travel, we shall see.

If Chicago was closer, I'd be tempted to come out there so I'd have someone else to freak out with.

Actually, a couple of my friends (Audiophile/NakuNaru is one of them) really love Doves as well. They may be willing to travel, we shall see.

Well, if you're planning on driving, I see your point.....but if you have to get on a plane, Chicago's not THAT far. And, you can roam around town looking for IYS so you can cock punch him.

Doves are swesome, you need to love them more.

Elbow :drool:, I am going to see Coldplay again in the Summer and I am looking forward more to seeing Elbow open for them.

I do love them but not nearly as much as Elbow. I guess it's all good.

Back
Top Bottom