Edge's Falsetto in Stuck in a Moment

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

MacPhistoPT

Rock n' Roll Doggie
Many people around here know that Stuck in a moment is one of the U2 songs I hate, I can't stand many things of this song.

But I admit here that I tottaly love the end of the song. Edge's falsetto is beautiful and Bono overlays very well too.

I really don't like this song but this is one of the finest moments in ATYCLB.

Okay, this probably will turn in another Edge's singing appreciation :edge:

If you don't like Stuck, you need to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY to get your hearing checked. While your there, see if you can get him to get a full body Xray - the problem may be that you don't have a musical bone in your body. In any case, get it checked out.

I never got why everyone hated Stuck so much, and it just seems to be on this forum too. U2 fans are a weird bunch :scratch: the only thing I don't like about Stuck is the annoying popping sounds... in fact the entire production on it is kinda meh. the song itself however is fantastic, it has helped me through many hard times. and I love the end with Edge and Bono, especially live.

starvinmarvin said:
If you don't like Stuck, you need to go to the doctor IMMEDIATELY to get your hearing checked. While your there, see if you can get him to get a full body Xray - the problem may be that you don't have a musical bone in your body. In any case, get it checked out.

well, starvin, please tell me a bunch of U2 songs you don't like

You guys don't understand?

Me neither!

I also don't understand how anyone can hate Stay, Heartland, The Playboy Mansion, Tomorrow, Arms Around the World, Indian Summer Sky, Yahweh, Promenade, Angel of Harlem, Babyface, Dirty Day and other songs that I've seen being bashed on this board at some point.

:|

AtomicBono said:
I never got why everyone hated Stuck so much, and it just seems to be on this forum too. U2 fans are a weird bunch :scratch: the only thing I don't like about Stuck is the annoying popping sounds... in fact the entire production on it is kinda meh. the song itself however is fantastic, it has helped me through many hard times. and I love the end with Edge and Bono, especially live.

Yeah I agree that it's basically the production that I dislike.

My dad isn't a U2 fan at all, but he likes this song.

MacPhistoPT said:

Me neither!

I also don't understand how anyone can hate Stay, Heartland, The Playboy Mansion, Tomorrow, Arms Around the World, Indian Summer Sky, Yahweh, Promenade, Angel of Harlem, Babyface, Dirty Day and other songs that I've seen being bashed on this board at some point.

Stay, Heartland, Indian Summer Sky, Yahweh,Promenade,Angel of Harlem and Dirty Day are all great songs, and the rest are good, and IMO stuck is a great song

MacPhistoPT said:

Me neither!

I don't hate any of those songs and I don't think I've ever bashed any of them.

...you've seen Stay bashed on this forum? :huh: how can anyone hate STAY?!

I think this is the only place I've found people who hate the song. So it's you people on your own ;)

The whole thing is brill. I can't fault any of it.

Don't you see though, it doesn't matter WHAT song you like - there'll always be someone to give it a bash.

AtomicBono said:

I don't hate any of those songs and I don't think I've ever bashed any of them.

...you've seen Stay bashed on this forum? :huh: how can anyone hate STAY?!

I remember at least one person who listed it in the 5 worst songs contest that I made a few months ago... I counted the results and I remembered that. Of course I was angry with that person but I didn't started saying that he hadn't taste in music.

this isn't for you or for Irishteen, but for starvinmarvin.

starvin you're a cool guy but you need to calm down. Remember the four types of people in this board that you listed some time ago? You said you were a Devil Advocate but now I see that when one of your favourites is attacked you become a #4, a whizzley or wtf it was... I don't have to like Stuck in a moment to have a taste in U2 or in music.

"Be careful where you aim."

chickadee said:
I think this is the only place I've found people who hate the song. So it's you people on your own ;)

The whole thing is brill. I can't fault any of it.

Don't you see though, it doesn't matter WHAT song you like - there'll always be someone to give it a bash.

Well, looks like no one realized that this thread was to appreciate the edge's singing and not to bash the song. But this board always prefers to see the bad side.

MacPhistoPT said:

Well, looks like no one realized that this thread was to appreciate the edge's singing and not to bash the song. But this board always prefers to see the bad side.

You didn't get the tone of my comment, so never mind.

But you have, yourself, had to point out you don't like the song. You could just have said about Edge's singing without that, no? Obviously you're gonna get people in here who like it and want to say so. :)

It was only to show how I really like that moment. I don't like the song but I still love that part.

But ok, you're right, it would have been easier if I hadn't said it :)

:lock:

starvinmarvin said:

Is it really necessary to be so rude?

When are people here going to realize that everyone has different opinions, likes and dislikes! All you have to say is that you disagree. It would be the most adult way to express your opnion.

Sicy said:

When are people here going to realize that everyone has different opinions, likes and dislikes! All you have to say is that you disagree. It would be the most adult way to express your opnion.

I thought starvinmarvin was being ironical :reject:

MacPhistoPT said:

this isn't for you or for Irishteen, but for starvinmarvin.

starvin you're a cool guy but you need to calm down. Remember the four types of people in this board that you listed some time ago? You said you were a Devil Advocate but now I see that when one of your favourites is attacked you become a #4, a whizzley or wtf it was... I don't have to like Stuck in a moment to have a taste in U2 or in music.

"Be careful where you aim."

I was just trying to be funny, that's all, MacPhistoPT. I love Stuck, I'm not sure why its so hated here, but I wasn't being uptight or defensive in any way. Honestly.

Sicy said:

What your problem? I was just joking....you need to get a sense of humor. The comment was in no way rude.

This is rude: Fuck off.

Liked the song at first..then kinda disliked it alot...now really really like it agian, LOL!!!

Something strange though...my friends who casually like U2, LOVE this song.

My cousion listens to Tool, Zepplin, Metallica, and even some rap. casual U2 fan, LOVES Stuck and Numb...lol :huh: and Loved the Slane Castle DVD!

:reject: I don't particularly care for falsettos. Never have. :shrug:

However, Bono's overlay (especially live and accoustic) sounds beautiful though; and the song wouldn't be complete without Edge's falsetto.

Back
Top Bottom