Edges amp set-up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't think his stage amps are Blues Jr.'s. I think they are Fender Harvards...I asked about this a while ago, after I bought a bj nos.

Vox AC30s. Fender Deluxe's. Fender Harvards.

ChrisEdge: NOS Tweed Blues Jr? That is a fine amp!

What amp is what song. Uncertain. Some songs use multiple. Some use one amp for intro another for the verse.

Vox AC30s. Fender Deluxe's. Fender Harvards.

ChrisEdge: NOS Tweed Blues Jr? That is a fine amp!

What amp is what song. Uncertain. Some songs use multiple. Some use one amp for intro another for the verse.

Next amp I will buy will probably be a NOS Limted Edition Fender Blues Junior. They are pretty great amps. They are versatile. Great for U2 and other stuff.

Yea I would love to get one!

They are not incredibly expensive. Might be worth selling the Valvetronix, buying a NOS Blues Junior (Far better amp in my view than the Valvetronix) and then save up for a Vox AC15CC later.

The NOS Blues Junior is in the $580.00 range.
Vox AC15CC run about $599.00

The money from the sale of your Valvetronix could go toward the purchase of either amp.

But if you buy the NOS Blues Junior, it will be ready and sound amazing out of the box.

Is you get the $599.00 Vox AC15CC with greenback speakers, it will be okay but you might want to swap out the speakers for Celestion or Weber Blues. But that is an upgrade that can wait and be done over time.

Anywho. Just a few ideas to consider.

I you get blue celestion for the valvetronix can you get a similar sound?

Not really. I really have not heard a Valvetronix that I thought sounded really good and had a warm Edge-like tone to it.

Like Line 6 amps, they tend to sound thin, tinny, and a bit synthetic.

Not sure what model Valvetronix you have, what it costed and what you can get for it on ebay but I do think that you would be happier selling it, using the money toward an AC15 or NOS Blues Junior.

Just my opinion based on my experience. Again, if you are happy with the amp and the tone... that is all that matters.

Back
Top Bottom