Edge spills some beans

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It makes me feel better to know that they've been working on enough stuff for two or three albums, plus the Spiderman musical. I was getting concerned, thinking that they were taking this long for just one album. If that were the case, I think they would need some help for such OCD-like behavior. :wink:

The whole "we want 2009 to be our year" bit makes me believe that they will be releasing 2 albums separately over the year with B-sides for I-Tunes.

Article "Edge Spills Some Beans"

a.k.a - "Edge takes what Daniel Lanois has been saying for months now and almost sort of turning it something that kind of resembles news."

I'm quite concerned by the posts since it's been revealed that they have 50 songs and every time they write a new album it's at least that. . . and it always ends up what it is. SO, stop freaking out and wait for the single whenever that may be. Once we get a single it will all move along. . . Single, Video, album news, release, tour!!!

translation= they are not going to release the new album until Bono loses 30 lbs

Yep, that's exactly what Edge was saying, he just didn't use those exact words. :wink:

Yes, much better than Lanois or Bono.

Actually it's the SAME as Lanois and Bono, just with a different wording.

When exactly is the Spiderman thing supposed to be released? Will it be a proper U2 album or just written/composed by Bono and Edge?

Hmm...maybe even a Parental Advisory sticker on this one:hmm: Bono dropping about 5 or 6 F Bombs, "Bloody cunts", "Uncool douches", and a few "sons of bitches" because he cant take world poverty another minute! That would be a departure.

sarcasm....missed.

Actually it's the SAME as Lanois and Bono, just with a different wording.

Exactly.

edit: I'm particularly loving the comments at the "50 songs and upwards" comment, as opposed to the reaction when Bono said the exact same thing.

why doesn't anyone ever ask them "when"? i'll promise you this, if i happen to ever run into Bono here in the great state of Wisconsin, that's the only thing i'll ask him.

When exactly is the Spiderman thing supposed to be released? Will it be a proper U2 album or just written/composed by Bono and Edge?

Last thing I heard (before the album delay) was that the premiere will be held in October 2009, I don't know when soundtracks for Broadway musicals are released in general though.

why doesn't anyone ever ask them "when"? i'll promise you this, if i happen to ever run into Bono here in the great state of Wisconsin, that's the only thing i'll ask him.
I think it was Rafiennes who talked to Bono quite recently during a political event and Bono said they were thinking about releasing a special treat or something for Christmas? I don't remember the exact expression but I think he hinted at doing something in that direction.
Unfortunately, it seems I can't find his post right now.
Here it is: http://www.u2interference.com/forums/showpost.php?p=5489015&postcount=404

"there are two or three albums of finished mixes" or "there are two or three albums of finished mixes" ?

^yeah good call.
could three albums worth of the same ten songs with different finished mixes.
I smell the AB outtakes part 2.

^yeah good call.

The same ten songs??..after all this time??..I think not...I'm sure U2 by now have learned their lesson of overdoing it with the same "10 songs"

No,I really do believe the may have 30 or so songs finished of the 50 or songs they claim are partially written,which would make up roughly three albums worth of material...the more little bits of info that come trickling through...I really believe the delay has been due to disagreements/arguements over what 11 or 12 songs work well together and sound best together...atu2.com seems to be right on the money with their info and I do believe that initial delay was down to the feeling that U2 might have had a collection of really strong songs but they didn't mesh well with each other and like Edge said they want a collection of songs that flow into one another an "arc"..not an album of strong songs that may sound too disjointed and awkward when one song is put next to the other..but time will tell if that is the case.

Shame on them if they really are overmixing the same couple of songs to death...I'd like to think U2 are smarter than that..at least by this point in their careers

^yeah good call.

I wouldn't put it past them. I think it was for AB where they had different mixes for each song and then the band handpicked their favourites...

If they actually have 3 albums worth of songs, done to the final mix....what are they waiting for ?!?

:laugh: I love that movie!

You think he's gonna tell you the exact date? :lol: There will be no element of surprise. And we know U2 loves to surprise. At least they used to.

Frankly, I'm getting fed up of this waiting and almost losing all enthusiasm or interest in U2. :|

Edge finally let it out and deliberately spilt his beans from the can. :|

I wish he could've described some of the songs... :|

We've heard enough about how good the damn album is, we want to hear about little details, like how the songs sound like, how is Bono's songwriting, and the bloody release date.

(I'm bored. :reject:)

fall 2009
don't expect something "new" before
seems like most tentative tour dates have failed for now

we'll probably get some more bones until that

We've heard enough about how good the damn album is, we want to hear about little details, like how the songs sound like, how is Bono's songwriting, and the bloody release date.

Apart from the release date - well, we have a tentative release date - we have heard about all the things you mentioned. Why is this important? We'll hear it and know it when the album is out.

I expect it to be out around Feb/March. At the moment, unless something really dramatic happens (hopefully not) I'd say there's no way they wait another year. This wouldn't make sense.

Also, the Spiderman album is "new" music, and I guess it will be out next year as well. There's a lot coming our way.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom