Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Varitek said:
i looked at sigur ros's schedule again...it must have been another band that's doing the europe/states switch with me. but they're basically in the wrong part of europe for me at all times, or at festivals which i don't want to bother with.

Yeah, I see that for Australia, they're here to do a festival and we're just lucky they've added a couple of side shows. I don't find the idea of a festival event remotely appealling. Far too many people for far too little reward.

Would you guys frown upon me having a random live track in the middle of my list?

Even if it's by Huey Lewis & the News.

ax you should be on Convict I think...one of my favorites on the album, though I think I can say that about 40% of the album

Actually, Vazza, I'm already up to the closer. I'm amazed how seamlessly this album has flowed by. What great composition.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Would you guys frown upon me having a random live track in the middle of my list?

:hmm: i don't even know what they sound like live. i'm seeing them this summer, though. yeah, i admitted it though.

i have them on my list though :uhoh:

Axver said:

Yeah, I see that for Australia, they're here to do a festival and we're just lucky they've added a couple of side shows. I don't find the idea of a festival event remotely appealling. Far too many people for far too little reward.

I went to a local radio station's festival when I was 14. I think I saw Coldplay, no joke. They played Yellow. They were pretty damn new, it was 7 years ago.

But yeah, in a country where I don't speak the language, alone, with one band I know I"m interested in, and having to travel there, deviating from my plans? no thanks

the one possibility is Warsaw but I really can't tie myself down enough to get tickets. Oh well. Maybe I'll catch them some time in the next year in Europe.

KhanadaRhodes said:

:hmm: i don't even know what they sound like live. i'm seeing them this summer, though. yeah, i admitted it though.

i have them on my list though :uhoh:

I've seen them live, too. Pretty awesome stuff.

Yeah, Trouble in Paradise off of the We Are the World album. Ballin' sax solos to the max.

Axver said:
Actually, Vazza, I'm already up to the closer. I'm amazed how seamlessly this album has flowed by. What great composition.

get the 2nd one, and next time, listen to vol 1 and 2 in a row.

I like vol 1 better, slightly, and maybe it's because i've had it longer so i'm more familiar, but they're great together.

LemonMacPhisto said:

Do you really care what I think after this time around? :wink:

Running diaries tonight.

First up: "Mercy" by Ours, which Andrew sent me a while ago.

Axver said:
the great thing about festivals though is even if you want to see one band and leave (which is ridiculous because you'll be there for 2-3 hours for one hour of music, so you might as well hang around), you paid probably half the price you'd normally pay to see the band. unless it's a smaller band, of course.

Axver said:

Do you really care what I think after this time around? :wink:

Not particularly.

At least you're honest, which I do respect, even if your final assessment was a bit harsh. :wink:

LemonMacPhisto said:
I've seen them live, too. Pretty awesome stuff.

Yeah, Trouble in Paradise off of the We Are the World album. Ballin' sax solos to the max.
we are the world...as in usa for africa?

oh my.

in related news, i solved the problems with my list in regards to me being over. even though it's still months away :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

we are the world...as in usa for africa?

oh my.

in related news, i solved the problems with my list in regards to me being over. even though it's still months away :lol:

Yes... USA for Africa. :lol:

Slightly embarrassing, but it's the muthafuckin' News, Khan.

Make sure you save the list as a .txt file in case you make anymore changes to it. I learned that the hard way.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Yes... USA for Africa. :lol:

Slightly embarrassing, but it's the muthafuckin' News, Khan.

Make sure you save the list as a .txt file in case you make anymore changes to it. I learned that the hard way.
true. the fact that it's them trumps whatever it was associated with :up:

lol, i made a screenshot. even better :drool:

KhanadaRhodes said:

true. the fact that it's them trumps whatever it was associated with :up:

lol, i made a screenshot. even better :drool:

There you go. :up:

Varitek said:
mia's coming to make the thread

Oh, just as I finished writing my draft too. But good! :up:

Wikipedia informs me that Bumpass used to have the Grasberger Ice Cream Spoon Factory. :lol:

KhanadaRhodes said:

:yes:

now i get to start on my entry for #6, which will be the one i mentioned will be the worst playlist ever. :hmm:

You should collaborate with Phanan. You both seem set on making everyone ache in pain, when you both would clearly not.

The Worst Things Beautiful is probably better than the opening track, a little shorter and more concise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom