Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fucking SWEET, Opeth have announced an Aussie tour. I missed them last time they were here, in 2006. They're hitting Melbourne on 5 September. :up:

Though I've got to admit I'm nervous about going, what the crowd will be like. I mean, Opeth are death metal. I've never been to a death metal gig before. Dream Theater's as heavy as it gets. I'd feel better if I had somebody to go with.

KhanadaRhodes said:

there probably is, i know there is for one of the songs i used cuz i know the version i would hear on the radio wasn't this long. but i don't have it.

oh well, i still have a long time to make changes, so plenty of time for pondering

what song is it? i might be able to find it, depending.

Axver said:
Fucking SWEET, Opeth have announced an Aussie tour. I missed them last time they were here, in 2006. They're hitting Melbourne on 5 September. :up:

Though I've got to admit I'm nervous about going, what the crowd will be like. I mean, Opeth are death metal. I've never been to a death metal gig before. Dream Theater's as heavy as it gets. I'd feel better if I had somebody to go with.

At the end of the show you'll be curled up and crying. :wink:

Also, phanan, we were discussing tour schedules a few threads ago. Opeth are champions, they're hitting all five of the big centres. Perth first, then Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, and finally Brisbane.

If PT do that next time, I might finally get to visit Perth. :drool:

phanan said:

They vary. For Prog Island, because that type of music is so expansive, we went crazy, submitting playlists that were 240 minutes long! It was a blast.

But other mini tournaments would probably be more like the Symphonic one, where we concentrate on a single idea or genre, and keep it to only 80 minutes.

240 minutes? No wonder only 8 people listened!

phanan said:

They vary. For Prog Island, because that type of music is so expansive, we went crazy, submitting playlists that were 240 minutes long! It was a blast.

But other mini tournaments would probably be more like the Symphonic one, where we concentrate on a single idea or genre, and keep it to only 80 minutes.

The Symphonic Album was a great tourney.

Hey, fellas. :wave:

Holy shit, tour announcements thick and fast. Sigur Ros are in Melbourne on 1 August. Guys, get me into them. I need live music.

Axver said:
Holy shit, tour announcements thick and fast. Sigur Ros are in Melbourne on 1 August. Guys, get me into them. I need live music.

Watch the Heima DVD, stat.

Axver said:

Good so far, like how atmospheric it is and how I haven't been noticing the track changes since it all segues together so nicely. Apparently I'm at a track called Doors Lead To Questions right now.

yeah low level owl is way better than their other albums for how it segues (though i like others). volume 1 and 2 were released 6 months apart or something like that, and end and begin with a track with the same name, which segues.

Axver said:

Sigur Ros and Appleseed Cast are my two favorites of the bands EITS guy has introduced me to. Sadly last I checked Sigur Ros is in Europe while I'm in the states and then in the states while I'm in Europe. :angry:

All I've heard about Sigur Ros's last Aussie tour is absolute gushing praise, so I feel that even if I don't really know their stuff, I should think about going. Time to find out what the cost is ...

Screwtape2 said:
Coldplay coming to Omaha on August 3rd. That should be interesting because I will be going with my eight month pregnant sister. :wink:

Will she name her child after a fruit or biblical figure?

Roundabout's the shit. :up:

I had a firm idea for my DI5 list, with most of it already completed, but now I might try and add some jazz and electronica in there. Now it's just finding a place for it.

Bah, Sigur Ros are playing Festival Hall. Festy Hall more like it. Nasty venue. But the perk for me is that it is very close to my tram line, unlike almost every other venue in the city.

Varitek said:
Khan I've got 4 copies, kinda funny:
8:35
8:30
8:29
7:55
:hmm: the ones i have are 8:33 and 7:55. the shortest one is live and i don't like mixing studio and live tracks, because then you end up with rattle and hum :wink:

thanks for looking though :D

i looked at sigur ros's schedule again...it must have been another band that's doing the europe/states switch with me. but they're basically in the wrong part of europe for me at all times, or at festivals which i don't want to bother with.

phillyfan26 said:
Nobody fucks with Jesus, after all.
the first job i ever had, there was a cook that worked there for a bit named jesus. we were closed on sundays (it was a christian company) and we'd have meetings then. one time someone asked where he was. our boss was like "i fired jesus" and everyone cracked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom