Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't understand his criticism about not buying music. We're all guilty of that here.

phillyfan26 said:
Yeah, it was pretty average. I loved Michael's one line "I would never say it to her face, but she's a wonderful person and a great artist." And Andy was fantastic: "It's not really all that funny, in fact it's very painful."

Dwight's kind of taken a back seat as of late, and he's been great nonetheless.

Those lines got me, too, along with Kevin spouting off golf games. Bleeding nipples aren't enough for Andy, I guess.

I have a feeling Dwight will play a bigger part in the finale.

Did I Stutter? was a really good episode, though, one of those ones that makes me feel they can still sustain a good show.

phillyfan26 said:
Did I Stutter? was a really good episode, though, one of those ones that makes me feel they can still sustain a good show.

I really hope they don't pull the "Jim actually works hard and succeeds at his job on his way to propose only for Pam to want to leave for a job in Graphic Design in either Philly or New York, hurting their relationship" Card.

I also would've accepted "snakes."

phillyfan26 said:
I didn't understand his criticism about not buying music. We're all guilty of that here.

Yeah. My view is that I'll spend the money on a tour and music DVD's. That is where a lot of an artist's income come from. Plus royalities when others are inspired by their music and do covers. Why not spread the music and allow others to buy concert tickets and what have you?

I am just kind of indifferent. I just love music and want to listen to some, so people have some, I'll take it.

LemonMacPhisto said:

I really hope they don't pull the "Jim actually works hard and succeeds at his job on his way to propose only for Pam to want to leave for a job in Graphic Design in either Philly or New York, hurting their relationship" Card.

I also would've accepted "snakes."

I'll give them credit: everyone thought the "big news" for Jan in last season's finale was going to be pregnancy, and they turned it around on all of us with her breast implants, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I do have that fear too.

phillyfan26 said:
I am just kind of indifferent. I just love music and want to listen to some, so people have some, I'll take it.

Same here.

It's the reason why music is around anyway.

YLB, the WinRAR thing you sent me expires in like three days. Any ideas on what to do then for RAR conversions?

phillyfan26 said:

I'll give them credit: everyone thought the "big news" for Jan in last season's finale was going to be pregnancy, and they turned it around on all of us with her breast implants, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt. But I do have that fear too.

Good point. They're intelligent enough to know how to avoid the shark jump, but it can still happen.

I think the "engagement" will be Andy/Angela though.

phillyfan26 said:
YLB, the WinRAR thing you sent me expires in like three days. Any ideas on what to do then for RAR conversions?

download it again?

Sounds like I'm getting together with some of my buddies to watch the big Flyers playoff game tonight. Cool beans.

Speaking of cool beans, you see Hot Rod yet, YLB?

phillyfan26 said:
Sounds like I'm getting together with some of my buddies to watch the big Flyers playoff game tonight. Cool beans.

Speaking of cool beans, you see Hot Rod yet, YLB?

Hope you have fun with that.

I haven't yet. It's #6 on the NetFlix queue after Raising Arizona, Eastern Promises, Adaptation., The French Connection, and Collateral.

I'm gonna watch Goodfellas before partying with The Lady Friend tonight, too.

You will like The French Connection. Gene Hackman FTW.

Parting with The Lady Friend, that's good.

More partying with The Lady Friend ... now we're cooking.

phillyfan26 said:
You will like The French Connection. Gene Hackman FTW.

Parting with The Lady Friend, that's good.

More partying with The Lady Friend ... now we're cooking.

Yeah, I've been looking forward to it for quite some time. Hackman and partying... fity fity... bot'.

The French Connection and Hot Rod might be the only two movies I've seen that you haven't.

I doubt that. I know a lot about movies, but haven't seen a lot of the major hitters.

I've also seen over 240 of them.

On a film set, director is the highest position.

I think I looked at the Top 250 on IMDB and had seen 22 of them. Phail.

Fuck dat shit, son.

That list has its share of great and shit films on there, but gets too loaded with recent releases and indie sensations to be legit.

IMDb's a great resource for movie info, but not for reccommendations, methinks.

I know that, but still, the top 25 has to have something going for it, and I've seen three of them.

Yes, that means I haven't seen: any LOTR movies, any Indiana Jones movies, any Star Wars except the first episode, Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Schindler's List, etc. None of it.

Fuck, I suck.

phillyfan26 said:
I know that, but still, the top 25 has to have something going for it, and I've seen three of them.

Yes, that means I haven't seen: any LOTR movies, any Indiana Jones movies, any Star Wars except the first episode, Shawshank, Pulp Fiction, Schindler's List, etc. None of it.

Fuck, I suck.

All of them are worth it except LOTR. Never been a fan of that series, not from a lack of trying either.

You've gotta get on the others though when you can. If you'd like a rec list, I can always PM you one.

LemonMacPhisto said:

All of them are worth it except LOTR. Never been a fan of that series, not from a lack of trying either.

You've gotta get on the others though when you can. If you'd like a rec list, I can always PM you one.

Any PMs are welcome. :up:

Done.

Have Viva la Vida, Violet Hill, Rebel Yell, and the acoustic Lost! been the only ones to leak, Phanan?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom