Dumb Hope, Northumberland, UK Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
phanan said:
At this point, most likely.

:lol:

I think Pride on Vertigo sounded the best it has since the mid-1980s, but that's mostly in terms of Edge getting the guitar tone right and Bono decently delivering the verses. He's just gone on the chorus. I feel like he should at least sing it with Edge.

Or, you know, just ditch the song from the set. Your casual fan is going to cheer wildly whether U2 plays Pride or Desire or New Year's Day or EBTTRT or AIWIY in that setlist spot.

Another good do-do-doo sort of song is Dream Theater's Pull Me Under. The intro is awesome for that. :drool:

though bono seriously butchers the lyrics on this one, in very subtle ways

I would die for NYD instead of Pride or SBS or Bullet. I would take it 3 times for all of those

Varitek said:
I would die for NYD instead of Pride or SBS or Bullet. I would take it 3 times for all of those

I second this entirely. NYD still sounds good live.

You were the one who didn't come to 28/05/05.

More salt for that wound?

well i got to the end of gloria and rather than listen to 40, i'm not done getting it out

so i went back to asoh. i might do wire/uf again too, and 11ott

phanan said:

I was at that show. :drool:

I was inside the ellipse at that show. :drool:

Still can't decide if that or 26/05/05 is the best overall U2 show I've seen. Obviously, OTH at the two Auckland gigs are my top U2 live moments, but for overall shows, those two Boston gigs are easily the top two.

LemonMacPhisto said:
Hey Fellas.

AP American History Tests ftl. :down:

if you want to feel better, go back a few pages to where i talk about how i have academically tied the noose and stepped into it, 3 weeks before my college graduation :up:

Axver said:

I was inside the ellipse at that show. :drool:

Still can't decide if that or 26/05/05 is the best overall U2 show I've seen. Obviously, OTH at the two Auckland gigs are my top U2 live moments, but for overall shows, those two Boston gigs are easily the top two.

I was off to the side of the stage. Great view.

That encore was insane. The Fly->Until The End Of The World->Who's Gonna Ride Your Wild Horses in full band mode...

Awesome.

i didn't buy tickets to 5/28 because on 5/29 i was flying to africa for 2.5 months and i thought i'd be too busy

as soon as i saw my first show ever (5/14) i regretted it but it was really too late

phanan said:

I was at that one, too. :D

Bah, both of you suck.

But then again ...

- 2006-11-24, Auckland
- 2006-11-25, Auckland
ONE TREE HILL
With the real One Tree Hill visible behind the stage

Oh fuck yeah.

Axver said:

Bah, both of you suck.

But then again ...

- 2006-11-24, Auckland
- 2006-11-25, Auckland
ONE TREE HILL
With the real One Tree Hill visible behind the stage

Oh fuck yeah.

did you see where i used you as an analogy to compliment dalton's post last night?

i think i'm starting to sing the whole concert again :shifty:

phanan said:

Oh, you were part of that whole parade of flags thing?

not one of the ppl who brought the flags (i believe they were rich british plebans) but bono pointed at me a few times and up i fucking went, security guard protesting there were too many people on stage be damned

Varitek said:

did you see where i used you as an analogy to compliment dalton's post last night?

Maybe, but I'm about to fall asleep here so I don't recall what you're referring to.

I'm about to go, actually. Far too fucking late, at least for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom