Dublin 3 Pre-Sale & General Sale - All Discussion Here

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Question: Does anyone know if ticketline or seetickets carried Dublin tickets? Ive got my flight and hotel booked around the 3 Dublin shows but dont have tickets for Dublin 3 yet and am nervous about the onsale tomorrow. If those site dont carry Dublinn shows, can someone recommend another? Ive never bought European tickets on the secondary market before

Tim

Wow that is in need of serious spell-check :reject:

got 2 seats in the presale for Dublin 3. Cusack Stand/Section 304/row BB.

We are doing dublin 1 and 2 GA so we decided to do seats cuz we want to get a day of sightseeing in before the show and not queue up all day.

Anyone score in the General GA drop?

Did anyone notice that one could select Red Zone GAs during a normal search ie not in the auction section?

There were two types of GAs available in the drop down box after selecting 59 Euro price point.

Standing Field
Red Zone

thoughts?

Yeah I saw that one myself, was a bit put off by it considering I had no idea what they were, just decided to go for the normal GAs, and got 2 inside a minute, which shocked the hell out of me considering how badly I had it the first time around! Then just out of curiosity I went back to see what exactly the red zone GAs were (at the side of the stage, don't see how different they are...), so decided to go for another 2 GAs that I could hopefully trade for one of the first Dublin shows, and it worked again after about 10 minutes, and this was when I started searching at 8.10, was really surprised that worked!

So all things condsidered, I'm a very happy camper! Just one question though, what exactly are the red zone GAs?

They're a very limited number of GA's that guarantee you being up close to the front (to the immediate left and immediate right of the stage). They are for sale by auction and the money from them goes to the Product (RED) charity :wave:

My 'thoughts' on the whole general sale are that it sucked. I am totally pi55ed off that despite being online and ready to buy GA for both Sat and Mon general sales I was unsuccessful. Luckily I've sorted a swap for Saturday - through here - and a friend managed to get me two Monday pitch.
But still, it annoys me greatly that I can't buy tickets for my own home city. My husband was about 20th in the queue for the local ticket outlet - as a back up - and when he got to the counter there were no GA left and only crappy seats in Canal end which he paid 91 euro for each.

That red zone GA thing put me off this morning too, and I wasted about 2 minutes clicking on that first and it brought me to the auction page. My own fault I suppose, but after that I had a 12 minute wait for normal GA and there were 'none available'.
Deep breaths and counting to ten all 'round!

I am looking for a 7/27 GA, and have up to 2 extra 7/25 GAs to trade. Please PM me if interested! (Full disclosure: My 7/25 GAs are TicketFast.)

Thanks! :wave:

That red zone GA thing put me off this morning too, and I wasted about 2 minutes clicking on that first and it brought me to the auction page. My own fault I suppose, but after that I had a 12 minute wait for normal GA and there were 'none available'.
Deep breaths and counting to ten all 'round!

Sorry to hear about your misfortune. I was wondering what would happen if one selected that option (assuming you did so from the 'drop down' and not the 'tab' at the top of the larger box for buying)....so it redirected you to the option, huh? That's a glitch imo, as obviously if you're selecting 59 euros as your price you're nowhere near the auction price :huh:

Anyone score in the General GA drop?

Did anyone notice that one could select Red Zone GAs during a normal search ie not in the auction section?

There were two types of GAs available in the drop down box after selecting 59 Euro price point.

Standing Field
Red Zone

thoughts?

I didn't get GA today. I got lower level ticket instead.
I tried GA first, and I only needed one. Spent about 10 minutes in the queue because I mistyped the first TM code :doh: and then came back with nothing. So I decided to just pass GA and get lower level. I did see Red Zone as the option, and that's what I chose when I tried to get GA.

I am beginning to think that during general sales, if you're looking for GA ticket, maybe the number of tickets you're looking for matters. The higher the number is, the higher priority you get for the pool.

I'm only making that speculation because the two times I tried to get GA during general sales, I watched my queue time rise from 2 mins, to 4, to 6, all the way up until 12 mins, then it started going down. Why would I be bumped off like that if it's not because I'm only looking for 1 ticket...

I saw some interference members lucky enough to get the GA tickets to this show, and all of the ones I saw requested 2, 3 or 4 tickets...

theories

I am beginning to think that during general sales, if you're looking for GA ticket, maybe the number of tickets you're looking for matters. The higher the number is, the higher priority you get for the pool.

100% wrong.

Also - I saw single GA's still available almost 1/2 hour into the sale

100% wrong.

it's typically easier to buy fewer tickets for concerts- even more so when you're buying seats. We were after 2 tickets and got them no problem at all

100% wrong.

Umm, how do you know for sure it's 100% wrong? And I am talking specifically for GA tickets, not seats. I do believe single seats are easier to get than multiples. But that's not necessarily true for GAs.

And maybe you were able to pull single GAs, but I tried to get 1 (ONE) GA ticket again and again, and again, and again, and again for 38 minutes before I gave up. No dice.

Probably because you were holding it.

Last edited:
Nah I'm not so sure, for the first 2 Dublin shows I tried for 4 tickets, had an ungodly wait and never got them, then tried for 2 a few times, then 1, no luck.

Last night I tried 2 tickets but kept refreshing a few minutes before midnight cos I heard of rumours that tickets would usually go on sale slightly before they should. In the end they actually didn't, but maybe that helped somewhat as I got my first batch inside about 2 minutes, then the second batch in about 15. I really think demand was a lot less for this gig, there's no way on earth I could have gotten that otherwise, compared to my results the first time anyway.

I tried for 2 GA's but none were available.
I logged on at 8am and was queuing for 8 minutes.
After queuing for that length I was told that no tickets were available and the Ticketmaster website made me queue again to try for a different section.
How rubbish is that ?
I tried a few more times but no GA left so I didnt bother buying any tickets.
I must say that the Ticketmaster.ie website is rubbish.
I have never had any difficulties with Ticketmaster.co.uk ,always got GA and no technical irregularities.

The queuing time is BS. It tells you less than a minute and it seems like 5

According to hotpress:
U2’s third Croke Park show is now officially sold-out, bringing the number of tickets their U2 360 tour has shifted worldwide to 2.5 million.

They’ve also added some extra special guests, which means in addition to Bono and the boys you’ll get:

July 24th – Glasvegas & Damien Dempsey

July 25th – Kaiser Chiefs & Republic Of Loose

July 27th – Bell X1 and The Script

Back
Top Bottom