Doha, Qatar Superthread

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to rework the tracklisting for Day and Age, but I'm no good at such things :sigh:

1. Goodnight, Travel Well

Though that'd make it a 7" vinyl single, not an album. I'm sure you wouldn't be too troubled by that, though. VINYL.

1. Goodnight, Travel Well

Though that'd make it a 7" vinyl single, not an album. I'm sure you wouldn't be too troubled by that, though. VINYL.

:drool: vinnnnyyyylllll :drool:

WAIT WAIT WAIT! Stop that. You almost tricked me :grumpy:

Ashley, did you ever establish an opinion on Disintegration? It's sounding awesome to me right about now.

Shall I sweeten the deal by putting Forget What I Said on the b-side?

I ... don't think I'll check this out.

I'm tempted to tell you you should listen to Tidal Wave. You might like it. I wish I had the song on my computer :sad:

DOOOO ITTTTT. He talks about aliens again.

Ashley, did you ever establish an opinion on Disintegration? It's sounding awesome to me right about now.

I put it somewhere towards the middle of my top 50 I believe. I absolutely love it, but at the same time, I just don't FEEL anything about it. It's hard to explain. While I'm listening to it I feel otherwordly, but as soon as its over I can hardly remember what was on it. It's...very strange.

I put it somewhere towards the middle of my top 50 I believe. I absolutely love it, but at the same time, I just don't FEEL anything about it. It's hard to explain. While I'm listening to it I feel otherwordly, but as soon as its over I can hardly remember what was on it. It's...very strange.

Maybe you just haven't listened to it enough or something. That happens to me sometimes. I know an album is awesome, but I'm just not attached to it at that point.

I'm tempted to tell you you should listen to Tidal Wave. You might like it. I wish I had the song on my computer :sad:

DOOOO ITTTTT. He talks about aliens again.

You fail at being a Killers fan. :tsk:

Does he mention rapists?

Maybe you just haven't listened to it enough or something. That happens to me sometimes. I know an album is awesome, but I'm just not attached to it at that point.

Probably this is what it is. I do know that it is something I really love like you said, I just. Yeah, I need to listen to it more. Glad I've got finals coming up. It's a perfect study album for me.

Meanwhile, some in Australia are suggesting the Wallabies adopt an Aboriginal challenge. What would you make of that, Bonnie?

Okay, that seems a bit too copycat. I like the idea in theory, but the truth is we don't have as much Aboriginal heritage in Modern Australia as Modern New Zealand has Maori heritage, so to speak. I don't know exactly how many Aboriginal Union players there are, if it's like the NZ team and there tends to readily be an experienced indigenous player for the captain role, it could be a good idea. But Aboriginal people didn't have as many similarities and traditions as the Maoris - there isn't anything as concrete as the haka, although there are certain dances and poses that are quite recognisable.

Anyway, I don't think this is the time to do it, I think we should work on what really matters in the issue, work on confidence boosting and welfare in the meantime. Perhaps adding the challenge could be used as a form of celebration if great improvements are made in the future.

Oooh, I forgot they were doing that! Damn, now I wish I did watch it. I wonder if they've gotten to that bit yet...

It's not right at the start, but I think it was by the end of the first half.

They just did the cool wall here and it was funny.

Probably this is what it is. I do know that it is something I really love like you said, I just. Yeah, I need to listen to it more. Glad I've got finals coming up. It's a perfect study album for me.

Yeah, Disintegration never really had to grow on me, I liked it from the start, but I really am feeling it necessary to give it another chance and explore the earlier stuff.

Another trick is to listen to individual songs that you like, outside of the context of the album, and you'll find tracks that stick in your brain and keep your interest up as you listen to the entire album.

Yeah, Disintegration never really had to grow on me, I liked it from the start, but I really am feeling it necessary to give it another chance and explore the earlier stuff.

Another trick is to listen to individual songs that you like, outside of the context of the album, and you'll find tracks that stick in your brain and keep your interest up as you listen to the entire album.

I think maybe I should give those last three or four tracks a spin outside of the album context. By the time I get to them, I'm so engrossed in the album as a whole that I really can't discern them as individual songs, you know?

On a side/unrelated note, I'm listening to Viva La Vida for the second time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom