Does anyone know what happened at Zootopia?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
beli said:

If its F and then numbers, and the person Im thinking of, then he is a he.

Exactly, but who knows if that was even the person..I'm not over there enough to know

Maybe they were looking for a reason to close the free forums, and this was an easy excuse. Forums online can get ugly, but if the mods are doing their job and are reasonable about it, it doesn't have to get that bad.

Axver said:
Why not an IP ban?

You can't close down an entire forum just because someone made a couple of alters. That seems like a petty reactionary response by people not capable enough to run a forum.

Then again, it's U2.com, it's run by a pack of babboons. I'm not shocked.

Axver, did you ever have any experience with the original zootopia at u2.com? By original, I mean the first zootopia that existed at u2.com from October 2001 to November 2003? That was a great forum, and it was run by a company called Capcave. The sysops of that forum were friendly and capable. That forum was gotten rid of for reasons that are still not really known, and a new forum was designed(with inferior technology and totally incompetent mods) and run by Tiscali. That forum was total shit and nearly all of the regular posters fled the place to either Poplemon or Interference or other forums. That forum disappeared when the whole of U2.com was remodled prior to the release of Bomb. When the site came back, the current zootopia came into existance, which is slightly improved upon zootopia v2 but is still shit. Anyway, the point of all this is that zootopia was once upon a time a great forum and wasn't always run by babboons. The original sysops were quite good.

ultravioletluvv said:

as for the trouble maker, i'll go ahead and just put an end to the suspense. The girl's name is Rita.

I know now who you're talking about! Now it makes sense!

Axver said:
Why not an IP ban?

You can't close down an entire forum just because someone made a couple of alters. That seems like a petty reactionary response by people not capable enough to run a forum.

Then again, it's U2.com, it's run by a pack of babboons. I'm not shocked.

I think your spot on there, I'm sure they wanted the free forum to dissapear and they used Rita as a scapegoat (although she really does have issues). The mods were heavilly critisised for being one sided on most arguments and often closed down threads for the silliest of reasons (if we were lucky enough to get a reason) The sad fact remains that the official U2 fan site has no free forum, not a great advert for the band or for new fans wishing to learn more about the band.

namkcuR said:

Axver, did you ever have any experience with the original zootopia at u2.com? By original, I mean the first zootopia that existed at u2.com from October 2001 to November 2003?

Nope, I didn't even have the Internet until mid-2002. But from what I hear and what you just said, I really missed out with the original U2.com ...

Like blueyedboy just said, it's a shame U2.com has now become a bit of a bad advertisement for U2.

:rolleyes:

For the love of Pete.
I suppose the paper had some extra space that they couldn't sell for advertising.

ramblin rose said:
Wow, Niamh posted this article from the newspaper. I can't believe this stupid forum closure made it to the papers.

http://forum.interference.com/t138035.html

This is incredible. How can this be news, please someone explain this to me. ITS A FUCKING FORUM. :huh:

Hey, if Katie Holmes beginning to study Scientology can be a news headline, then U2 closing a forum can be one. :wink:

Geez if I got that frustrated every time a couple trolls caused trouble to actually shut down an entire forum there would be no forum left! It's really a shame. $40 is entirely too expensive in my opinion to participate in that forum. You would think if they are charging THAT much they could afford some more moderators.

Sicy said:
$40 is entirely too expensive in my opinion to participate in that forum.

Agreed, there isn't much point in anyone that isn't already registered paying $40 at this stage just to join, I could understand paying the $40 to benefit from the pre sale.

ramblin rose said:
Wow, Niamh posted this article from the newspaper. I can't believe this stupid forum closure made it to the papers.

http://forum.interference.com/t138035.html

This is incredible. How can this be news, please someone explain this to me. ITS A FUCKING FORUM. :huh:

Actually I was thinking it would make a great made-for-TV movie. Maybe Lifetime would air it. :hmm:

That's actually a good idea. :hmm:

Maybe they could get Pat to play Fake Edge. Is it a guy is it a girL???? :eyebrow:

th_sweeney_pat.jpg

For any interested subscribers there is a thread started by a moderator last night that answers a lot of questions regarding the forums at Zootopia.

U2.com has 240,000 registered members.:ohmy:

I believe the mods at the Zoo do a great job in the paid side of the site. The mods are on a roster so there is always a mod around 24/7. It may not see them as they delete posts or threads. Unless you are subscribed to the thread you may not notice it disappearing.

The free side was feral. I rarely went "over the wall" as it was just too rough in the free forum. Trolls will be attracted to the official site of any band/actor/whatever. I'm guessing the thought process is "I hate U2, I'm gonna post on U2.com". It's an easy URL for non fans to figure out.

As for people with mental disorders, if anyone is ill I do hope they receive appropriate treatment and care.

So it looks like Zootopia has a new strategy. Instead of deleting threads they are locking them. Maybe they want everyone to see the bullshit so people can't criticize the decisions they make afterwards.

The Rita person has already tried to start about 5 threads all of which have been locked.

Back
Top Bottom