do you like stuck in a moment?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone that follows U2.
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

do you like stuck in a moment.

• yes.

Votes: 142 77.2%
  • no.

Votes: 42 22.8%

• Total voters

cobl04

45:33
just listening to it on the way from uni as a i gave attyclub a whirl, and wondering what the general overall consensus is about the song. i do like it, even if is a bit cheesy, and i also like the nfl video too.

but i think i am in the minority.

I love the jazzy rhythm of the album and Elevation versions. Other than that, it's just a fun little song to listen to about every six months. So not really.

3 things:

1) Cut a Hole in a Box

2) Nope.

3)

a-clockwork-orange-1-1024jpg10.jpg

Why is there not an answer better than "yes?" :wink:

For the longest time it was my favorite U2 song. Very recently it has slipped to 3rd (behind In A Little While and Breathe) but I still certainly adore it. Terribly underrated. Has some of Bono's best lyrics, I think, and both the videos are very fun. And it contains my favorite U2 lyric ever:

"I will not forsake the colors that you bring
or the nights you filled with fireworks, they left you with nothing"

:drool:

NSW, you forgot to put your junk in that box, or make her open it.... That's not the way you do it!

There's something missing in both the full band and acoustic versions. Get a hold of the 'J Mix" that is on one of the fruitlegs. Its a hybrid mix and it is easily the best, and makes the song mega.

Album: Mediocre, 3/5
Acoustic: Good, 4/5
Live, full band: Unimpressive, 2/5
Live, acoustic: Good, 4/5

Sheffield, 2009.08.20 is the best version of this song I have heard. It is basically flawless.

I am rarely in the mood for something so soppy, but when I do listen to Stuck, I enjoy it a lot. I picked 'yes'.

Where is the FUCK NO, BURN THAT SHIT option.

Easily one of the worst songs U2 - or any vaguely decent band - has ever released.

Agree with Wrath of Khan. POOP. Sorry, you asked.
The album version is worse than Stand Up Comedy.

Although I can stomach the acoustic version, I guess.
Still don't care that much for it.

Yes. One of my favourite U2-goes-pop songs.

Never really cared for the acoustic version, unlike any other U2 song played that way live.

I don’t mind it, but don’t really like it either. It’s slicked up waaay too sweet. Would love to hear the more gospely version that had Mick Jagger on backup vocals. That must either be getting held for some super gold platinum extra special future futuristic whizz edition of something, or it’s just shit, but I think the song in a different sonic form could really work.

Also, that NFL video is for mine beaten only by Tomb Raider clip on whatever scientific scale exists that measures the exact moment and strength of where and when tacky, cheesy and just plain awful meet.

Yes. The only song that I have any inclination to listen to from ATYCLB (literally - it's the only one with plays). As U2girl said, simply great U2-goes-pop.

I wonder if it would be worth taking a straw poll of people who like Stuck to see if they also like Window in the Skies, Sweetest Thing, etc, to see if it's simply a like/dislike for that poppy sound.

I find it to be quite enjoyable to listen to. A nice little tune so yes.

Used to hate it then suddenly started warming to it. I think its U2 trying to do something a little bit different within the soul/pop terrain

It's nice enough, decent pop tune, but wouldn't get in my top U2 50 or 60.

The NFL video is one of the most embarrasing things U2 have ever done.

Back
Top Bottom